Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone else been following it, I saw the last couple of the first series and I’ve read all the episode summaries, and downloaded most of the second series?

Well it’s quite good I’m waiting to see what happens next, what it is all about.

Unfortunately I’ve got a feeling that it will drag on and on for another 4 series and by the time all is revealed, It’ll be too weird Id have missed loads of it and Ill be past caring and the "explanation" will be shit.

Does any body remember Twin Peaks, that started as an interesting murder mystery and ended up as a weird, dream sequence containing a dwarf who spoke backwards and the search for a one armed man named Bob, who was some kind of…. Oh well Id lost interest at the point.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i've never seen "twin peaks" but it sounds rather funny, hehe.

lost :heart:
  • Options
    i think the problem is once any series becomes popular, the producers try to drag it out to boost viewing figures, which completely ruins all the suspense in a show like lost and it ends up turning into more of a soap........the second series has been pretty shit compared to the first, and i fear it will only get worse......shame really because i'll probably waste my time and keep watching it just to find out what the hells going on.......now the makers of 24 are onto a winner because each series is separate but they still follow on from each other, just watched the first ep of series 5 and it was awesome.....
  • Options
    desperate housewifes is where its at :D

(and they are all so hot for older women)
  • Options
    I love Twin Peaks, my brother taped every episode back in the day, bless him.

I think Lost, on the other hand is complete drivel, I can't understand why so many people I know have a love for it that burns brighter than a thousand suns, or something. As far as I can see it's cliché upon cliché upon gaping plot hole (and I've only seen about three episodes).

But, each to their own ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I love Twin Peaks, my brother taped every episode back in the day, bless him.

I think Lost, on the other hand is complete drivel, I can't understand why so many people I know have a love for it that burns brighter than a thousand suns, or something. As far as I can see it's cliché upon cliché upon gaping plot hole (and I've only seen about three episodes).

But, each to their own ;)

I got less and less interested in Twin Peaks after each episode.

I did think the same thing about Lost when it first went out, then I saw the second to last one of the first series when they discover the boat, andd been hooked since then.

It is a lot less weird than Twin Peaks, the acting and direction are very good much better than twin peaks, yes so you could say itas drivell, and as for plot holes thats what were hoping is reveiled.
  • Options
    I think Lost is the shit.....
    I mean, yeah it may be drivel in places, but compare it to the rest of our wonderful viewing choices....relocation relocation relocation.....emmerdale......how not to decorate your house whilst learning to cook and losing weight with a bunch of celebrities...etc etc etc
    Its nice to see someone actually trying to be innovative and different, even if the result is a bit silly and cliched.
  • Options
    i started watching Lost then got bored after about the 4th episode so didnt watch any more until the last couple which i absolutely LOVED. so now i cant wait for the next series. they do drag it out a bit, but im sure it'll all be worth it!
  • Options
    ...and as for plot holes thats what were hoping is reveiled.

I don't mean plot twists that haven't yet been revealed, I mean gaping plot holes and red herrings that will never be explained away as they seem to just be making the whole thing up as it goes along (though everyone else seems to be of the opinion that every single little occurence/symbol etc means something). That's without even mentioning the mind-bogglingly contrived cliffhangers.

The tidal wave of hype it arrived on doesn't help things either (and neither does the insane amount of advertising Channel 4 does during the programme, either, I'm amazed they get away with it...) as the writing is pretty lazy and uncreative imo. Gah.

Nice scenery though; animal, vegetable and mineral. :p
  • Options
    I love Lost! Just started watching the 2nd series. It's great! :D

I also liked Twin Peaks but it did get a bit stupid. Plus Bob was the scariest man I've ever seen!!
  • Options
    Just going to watch series 2 episode 11 in a minute...

It's very good but I'm not a fan of how an episode can drag on and not really get anywhere... leaving you for the next one. Obviously done for a reason so they can pull as many viewers every week.