Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Slow Internet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past week the net has been really slow for me. I have an account with BTYahoo with a wireless LAN setup and all signals are about 94 - 100%. My mates on BTYahoo and he/she doesn't have any probs.

I dunno whats wrong at the moment, I got no downloads going, nothing using P2P, nothing using the net without me knowing. I turned of my router for a while to see if that made any differance but it doesn't, also turned off my server and no other system are on my netowrk.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you tried to contact BT to see if their is any work done or problems in your area or your line? Even if most of the time they appear to be useless it is worth the shot...
    Actually, I will check on their website because I know when your logged in to your account you can see if there is any work being done in your area.

Oh suprise, the page doesn't open. I'll phone them but I cannot be arsed with all that automated crap you get.
    Well let's hope for you they won't be too lazy on that one...

I'm always impress with BT whenever I need to use them or hear about
    their quality of support and services.... Yeah right...
    Do you know what their fault line number is? I still cannot get on to their site to get it.
    Do you know what their fault line number is? I still cannot get on to their site to get it.

Can't find the number on their site... grrrr.... :mad:

Let me go check on a bill...
    just incase you can access this... from here : http://btybb.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btybb.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bty_homepage.php

How can I make a technical enquiry by telephone?

To help reduce the length of your call, please have your username and your security phrase (usually your mother's maiden name) to hand. Also, please make sure that your computer is switched on, and be ready to answer the following questions:

* Has the fault produced any error codes?
    * What are the symptoms of the fault you are experiencing?
    * What operating system do you use? i.e. Windows 98, Mac OS
    * What is the make and model of your modem or router ?
    * What internet/email software - browser, email client etc - are you using?
    * Did you implement any system changes or install any programs prior to the fault occurring?

Customer Support:
    0845 600 7030

Open 24 hours a day, calls are charged at local rate.

Connection problems? Try the BT Broadband Desktop Help software first
    If you're having difficulty connecting to the internet, then your first step in troubleshooting should be to run our BT Broadband Desktop Help. This tool can fix connectivity problems for you, even when you're not connected to the internet, and even if it can't solve the problem directly then the information it provides will assist the helpdesk enormously in their diagnosis.

also if this works, it might help you find the problem