Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lost Coursework...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Today my maths teacher couldn't find my coursework (he usually takes them in and they all go in one big folder). I've been off for 2 weeks so i missed a lot of work. Well, the last time i had maths was the last day i was at school before being off. And in this time i haven't even unpacked my bag. So everything i bought home that day was still in my bag this morning. I've looked everywhere else my coursework would be and i can't find it.
It has to be in in 2 weeks and i'm behind as it is. They get sent off not long after so i dunno what i'm gonna do. There was over a months worth of work in that folder, i can't re-do it without being forced to sacrifice other work.
What can i do? My mum says she'll phone school and ask. But what if its gone? Is this going to ruin my grade? I need a C and without this coursework i'll be lucky to get it.
Please help, i'm really worried and stressed. :banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ahh, I remember gcse maths coursework :)

well, this is entirely your teachers fault, I'm sure it'll be ok :yes:

wait till your mum calls them up and see what they say, but I'm pretty sure they wont make you redo it seeing as it's not you who lost it.

it's probably in your teachers house or something...
    does the teacher think he's lost it or that you have? if youd given it in for him to look at, would he have marked down that he had it from you? because if he did then it's his fault, but i'm not sure what he'll do about it.
    it wont be at his house, they go in this folder that goes inside this big box and i assume it goes into the maths cupboard or something
    does he think that you have lost it ir him?

he may well take them home, i doubt he sits in school all weekend marking them. Talk to him yourself tomorrow, ask what 's going to happen, no point worrying before you know the answer
    well if he denies it and you deny it..aren't they more likely to believe him over you and think you're trying to pull the fast one?
    he looked through the box and the folder and said he couldn't find it, i said i'd have a look at home as i might have taken it (i sometimes do) but couldn't remember if i did. But now thinking about it i don't think i did take it home. And its obviously not here.
    well if he denies it and you deny it..aren't they more likely to believe him over you and think you're trying to pull the fast one?
    i'm not that kind of student and he knows that

More than likely, yes.

Do they actually have to send it off or can't they just send the mark off?
    Afaik only a few select courseworks get sent off for gcse's... so they can check the person is marking them right, i'm sure you'll be allowed an extension if the worst comes to the worst..
    hmm well itd help if you knew for sure youd given it in. but then if you've looked at home and it's not there im guessing there are few places it could actually be.
    so he doesnt tick of whos coursework he has when you hand it in then?
    muse- wrote:
    Afaik only a few select courseworks get sent off for gcse's... so they can check the person is marking them right.

yeah, I got told this just before food courseowrk was sent off last year. And when they got told whose coursework was going off, they made us make it as neat as we could and made sure that it was all completed.