Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

One thing you don't want to hear....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One thing that you don't want to hear when you pick up the phone....

"Hi, I'm calling from The Jeremy Kyle show!"

I'll tell you one thing, it doesn't half make you think "Oh god what's my mother/father/family member done now?!?!"

Luckily, they only wanted to know where I lived... my boyfriend had applied for tickets using my mobile a few weeks ago.... but it makes you bloody wonder!!

Comments

• Options
    It would also make me panic what has one of my family members done now.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    hahaha!! can u imagine...i dont know what id do. id probably have just gone blank and looked a right fool!!
  • Options
    lol, I dread picking up the phone and hearing 'Hello this is Chris Tarrant calling from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire...'!
  • Options
    Have you ever noticed that the people who get called up always answer? It's almost as if they've been told to sit next to the phone....
  • Options
    Yeah! Funny that. Do you think they have them backstage or something like that? (So they can't do a mega fast internet search!?)
  • Options
    I would've thought so, or they come round to their house earlier in the day and steal all their encyclopedias and their internet connection. And their tv.
  • Options
    who?
  • Options
    I think they tell them when they are filming it so they get told to stay in if they are a phone a friend.
  • Options
    sit there all night with google on and phone next to them waiting in anticipation for the call
  • Options
    oh, ive never thought that maybe phone a friends could get on the computer or something...
  • Options
    If someone called me from a chat show, I'd worry that I knew someone scuff enough to have those connections.
  • Options
    It could be worse. It could be Jezza himself that rang.

I miss him from Virgin:( Jezza's Virgin Cionfessions was teh cooliez (and also a complete misnomer- there were no virgins, alas alas).
  • Options
    I'm going being in the audience next week :D a la SheHasNoTime!

I hope I get to ask a question muahaha.