Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The most depressing day of the year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well acording to the experts today is the most depressing day of the year.

So how do you all feel?

I don't feel any different than I do any other Monday when I am at work, still tired and can't be bothered. Get paid a week today aswell which chears me up! :D

Comments

• Options
    Don't feel much different yet either...
    Basic monday so far... working and smoking...

Let's see if the experts are right, let's see if we all get depressed by tonight...

Wahoo, what a nice game...
  • Options
    I'm a bit ehh this morning, my Mam's back in the hospital, and I am SO not in the mood to work. :|

However, I do get paid on Wednesday which is cool. :)
  • Options
    Im tired :grump:

This afternoon I have to take my baby to get her immunisations, Im sure that'll make me depressed, seeing my poor wee dumpling in pain.

:(
  • Options
    im sure we have allready had this day this year :confused:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    im sure we have allready had this day this year :confused:
    I guess it depends on whenever each person returns to work.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I guess it depends on whenever each person returns to work.

i meant as in the news reports of the most depressing day of the year
  • Options
    Im tired :grump:

This afternoon I have to take my baby to get her immunisations, Im sure that'll make me depressed, seeing my poor wee dumpling in pain.

Aww, they don't cry for long GV, don't worry. A big cuddle and she'll be fine.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Well I took a shed load of pills on Saturday so naturally I feel a little shit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    according to T.S Elliot the cruelest month is april ;(
  • Options
    I love April. Even if the weather isn't the best at least the evenings are light.
  • Options
    Today is good. I had my last A2 exam. Then got sent home from school because the heating isn't working. Hehe, today is the best day in a while, for me anyway.
  • Options
    one of my cats got run over yesterday and has a broken face, still waiting for the vets to call today :( so im not happy
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    one of my cats got run over yesterday and has a broken face, still waiting for the vets to call today :( so im not happy

Hope your cat will be ok.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

aww im sorry to hear that. :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've missed a lecture through laziness and have to go to work tonight. Overall OK though I suppose.
  • Options
    I couldn't even be bothered to go to work today.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Well acording to the experts today is the most depressing day of the year.

So how do you all feel?

I don't feel any different than I do any other Monday when I am at work, still tired and can't be bothered. Get paid a week today aswell which chears me up! :D

I felt pretty good today. Actually, i've felt pretty good since the new year. Might have something to do with a change in sleep pattern, getting up in the morning/early afternoon for a change seems to have worked wonders.

2006, bring it on i say!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

That's a shame. One of the reason why i'd never keep a cat near a main road.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    That's a shame. One of the reason why i'd never keep a cat near a main road.

thing is, we live in a relatively quiet part of town and its happened between 2am and 8am, so we can only guess its some careless cabby or something :(
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    thing is, we live in a relatively quiet part of town and its happened between 2am and 8am, so we can only guess its some careless cabby or something :(

The problem is a lot of cats like to fight so end up going on wanders looking for action.
  • Options
    ditto, feel like I had a local anasthetic in each leg.......worth it tho:)
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Well I took a shed load of pills on Saturday so naturally I feel a little shit.
    sorry did'nt tick the box to show the quote I was responding too. hope it makes sense now...
  • Options
    Why is it the most depressing day of the year?
  • Options
    because of the weather, debt and becuase of broken new years resolutions.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

haha... a broken face eh? Are you a vet? :cool:

err*edit* sorry thought that was funny, hope your cat is feeling better soon :p
  • Options
    My friend told me this morning it was the most depressing day of the year today, which was just what you want to hear on a Monday moring 5 minutes before college.

She did however, use this as her excuse to buy 2 new pairs of shoes when we went for lunch. She decided her dad couldn't argue if she was doing it to cheer her up on the 'proven most depressing day of the year', and reckoned he'd even give her the money back.... cunning little cow....
  • Options
    I'm not feeling depressed. :D
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Well acording to the experts today is the most depressing day of the year. So how do you all feel?

This thread exposes many of the double standards on the forums. One year ago, I did much the same thread. You can see it here. And for that, countless personal attacks were made against me for daring to ask people's opinions on a story. And yet when Kaz does this thread, nothing of the sort happens. Tells me all I need to know about you lot, doesn't it?

In answer to the thread, I feel no different today than I did yesterday or will feel tomorrow.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    This thread exposes many of the double standards on the forums. One year ago, I did much the same thread. You can see it here. And for that, countless personal attacks were made against me for daring to ask people's opinions on a story. And yet when Kaz does this thread, nothing of the sort happens. Tells me all I need to know about you lot, doesn't it?

In answer to the thread, I feel no different today than I did yesterday or will feel tomorrow.

Yes well thats just another lesson for you to learn from life to add to you list, its not whats said: its who says it that is 90% of the responce got.

I remember this when I was a kid trying to get a laugh from jokes Id stole from other people who did get a laugh I didnt, its the same kind of thing.

And personally I dont think youd react any differently if the situations were reversed, in fact youd probably be the first to flame or agree with the poster depending on who posted rather than on the post its self.
  • Options

I was right, poor little soul was sitting laughing and giggling just as the nurse went to inject her, then her bottom lip started to quiver and the screaming began :(