Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Osama bin Laden recommends "Rogue State" to Westerners.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4636742.stm

I found this quite interesting, because it's a book i usually recommend to people interested in Western politics & foreign policy along with John Pilger's 'New Rulers of the World'.

No doubt Blum is now going to be the prime target of the neo-cons because of bin Laden's recommendation.

Not unless it's all a big plot of course, and bin Laden's handlers have encouraged the recommendation to provide a basis for removing "subversive" literature from bookshops :confused:

Comments

• Options
    US psyops at their finest. The PNAC agenda gathers pace and increasingly shows the extent to which it will spin, lie and deceive to manipulate public perception and opinion. Well timed releases of contrived "Bin Laden" messages relied upon to generate the opposite reaction from US and Western publics (by and large). Any who susbsequently question or attack the status quo can be falsely labelled "supporters for terrorists" or "appeasers" and more readily dismissed whilst the real terrorists presiding over us go from strength to strength.

Not surprising for a political ideology based on the teachings of Leo Strauss who advocated lying to the unwashed masses as right and proper methodology to gather and sustain total power.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    [url].....have encouraged the recommendation to provide a basis for removing "subversive" literature from bookshops :confused:[/url]

scarily enough i think you're not too far off the mark there......i hope to god you are though.
  • Options
    It's the new-look Osama. He cares for the environment, he speaks of peace for all and he has his own book club. :)

He's a man of the people! A new Tony Blair. A new David Cameron.

Come to think of it, don't the Lib Dems need a new leader? :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    It's the new-look Osama. He cares for the environment, he speaks of peace for all and he has his own book club. :)

He's a man of the people! A new Tony Blair. A new David Cameron.

Come to think of it, don't the Lib Dems need a new leader? :D

I believe he's due on 'Richard and Judy' shortly :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ooh. *buys book* :p

Heh, go Osama.
  • Options
    I think I've heard of this book on my Order & Justice module. Im cool. I knew about it before everyone else. :(
  • Options
    Off topic a little, but does anyone have a T-shirt that says "I LOVE BUSH...THE PUSSY NOT THE PRESIDENT!" ???