Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I don't want to be rich

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I don't want any miracles. I don't want to be great. I don't want to be admired. I don't want to do great things, I don't want great things done to me.

I just want to be a person.

Is that so fucking much to ask? What the hell is wrong with me? What have I done? What do I have on me that makes it impossible for people to treat me as their equal? Am I retarded and I don't know when everyone else does? Am I the reincarnation of Hitler and they're not telling me? WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    huh? :eek2:
  • Options
    i think youre equal to me!
  • Options
    i think youre equal to me!
    ditto what rainbow brite said :)
  • Options
    Well... people will only not treat you as their equal if you let them think they are superior, which some people inadvertantly do : o
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    Well... people will only not treat you as their equal if you let them think they are superior, which some people inadvertantly do : o
    What should I do then? Beat up everyone who I don't like, or abuse them in a different way? That's what it seems one has to do to be thought a person.
  • Options
    no no... it's a body language thing or something, and there are just some total superiority complex bastards out there too :D
  • Options
    I think what muse was trying to say was dont be everyones joey.
    Whats made you post this anyway, has something happened recently or is it just a general rant?
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I don't want any miracles. I don't want to be great. I don't want to be admired. I don't want to do great things, I don't want great things done to me.

I just want to be a person.

Is that so fucking much to ask? What the hell is wrong with me? What have I done? What do I have on me that makes it impossible for people to treat me as their equal? Am I retarded and I don't know when everyone else does? Am I the reincarnation of Hitler and they're not telling me? WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?

To be honest, if you think you're inferior...then that's the way you'll come across...and that's the way people will treat you.

For example...i know a few people who went to St Andrews uni...a lot of VERY rich, VERY middle/upper class people...those who disregarded their class 'status' get on fine...no problems whatsoever...the others...unable to see past the presumed snobbishness of others and their self-presumed social inferiority...not so happy.
  • Options
    General rant, triggered by something(s) recent.
    So you're saying that I should just not talk at all to people I don't like, just ignore them, right? Even if they talk to me first, pretending(?) to be friendly. Or maybe I should call them names every chance I get, will that make me a person?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    To be honest, if you think you're inferior...then that's the way you'll come across...and that's the way people will treat you.
    I don't think I'm inferior. Pretty much everyone else seems to.
  • Options
    No... If someone tries to take advantage or patronise you then put them right in a friendly way ASAP ;p
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I don't think I'm inferior. Pretty much everyone else seems to.

i don't :no:
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    i don't :no:
    Do you know me? No? That's probably why you don't.

We're talking about the majority. If the majority wants to do something to me, it will be done. If they want to keep something away, I'll never see it. I can push them away in a friendly way all I want, and that's exactly what I do, but it's not earning me anything.
  • Options
    If people / friends make you feel like that, maybe its time to meet some new people.

There was a quote somewhere along the lines of "nobody has the right to make you feel inferior without your permission". Of course, that only works in the mental sense, if practically there are issues (i.e. not being invited out and stuff) then I guess all you can do is work it out for yourself.

Anyway, not lecturing, I know you were just blowing off steam, but one of my quotes that I tell my girlfriend all the time, and am always right: "Everything will be ok".

Hope things get better soon :)
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?
    got loaded and made a thread?
  • Options
    The thing is, several people seem to have no respect for me. Certainly not everyone, but some are able to cause me trouble and that's a problem.