Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shoe sizes - exact!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how do you find out your exact shoe size?? i seem to be a range of sizes - a 4 in new look is too big, but a 3 is snug (so i buy 3's. but wear them round the house loads with socks on, before i wear them out with no socks), but in dotty P's im a 4 and river island a 4, but matalan+peacocks a 5???
ARGH!!!!
Help

Comments

• Options
    guess like clothes sizes it all depends on the shop. im usually a 5 but sometimes can get away with a 4 or a 6. clarks have one of those measuring machines (or they used to years ago...) maybe go there and ask to be measured?
  • Options
    good idea, think i will!!
  • Options
    Doesnt your foot shrink expand/shrink durin the day? All I remember is that its best to buy shoes in the afternoon. Or something like dat..
  • Options
    on average im a 5, i think i have about 2 pairs of size 4s and a few 6s
    tis confusing! its not really about your feet though, its like clothes, retailers make their own rules for sizes up
  • Options
    think ur right ballerina!! it anooys me when 1 pair are way too ithgt, but the next size up are huge :mad:
  • Options
    The thing with shoes, trainers etc is that no two pairs are ever the same. You'll find this with trainers in particular, try on say a pair of Reebok's then try a pair of Nike or Adidas and probably find you need different sizes in each, though not always the case. Some shops will size your feet for you, but not all. ( you can tell i work in the trainer dept at work eh :p )

That is the reason you are not the same size in every trainer. No two trainers are ever the same size exactly.
  • Options
    All of my shoes are a size 6 apart from my converse's which are a 5 which for some reason fit better than i six.

I love the fact that my feet haven't and wont chnage for years because it means that i get to accumulate a lot of shoes over the years.
  • Options
    it can be to do with the shape of your feet too. my feet are short (size 3) but they're wide as hell, so quite often 4s are more comfy. in really wide styles, occasionally i can be a 2.

and then obviously some companies have more generous sizes and some have teeny sizes.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    it can be to do with the shape of your feet too. my feet are short (size 3) but they're wide as hell, so quite often 4s are more comfy. in really wide styles, occasionally i can be a 2.

and then obviously some companies have more generous sizes and some have teeny sizes.
    vans are good for wide feet
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    clarks have one of those measuring machines (or they used to years ago...) maybe go there and ask to be measured?
    I used to love getting my feet measured in that machine when I was wee :D
  • Options
    I used to love getting my feet measured in that machine when I was wee :D
    I hated it :|.

My feet are a 7 (booo big feet), and I generally find that 7's fit perfect. Sometimes they're a bit tight, though, but the 8's are WAY too big, and sometimes they're too big (hence why my wellies are a 6). I also discovered that apparently my right foot is bigger than my left, which is a bastard ;(.
  • Options
    I've found that a lot of people seem to have one foot bigger than the other, i didnt think it was such a common thing tbh.

What i hate is being roughly 5ft 5" in height but being a size 12 in shoes & trainers, just what the hell that is about i do not know, something messed with my growth me thinks >.<
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I just try a pair that seems to be of my size, and then if it turns out not to be try a size bigger or smaller.
  • Options
    im generally a 6 or a 6.5. Most places dont do half sizes though and 7s are too big.
    I agree that it can be the shape of your feet too. Some shoes dont fit me at all, because i have such a high instep