Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

curling eyelashes!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
help!!! My eyelashes on my right eye aren't angled as high as the ones on the left, so although my lashes are very long, the ones on my right eye always look different!
Ive tried curling just those ones, but im not sure what the best curlers to use are, or whether you do it before or after using mascara???
Are there any treaements you can get at beauty salons to curl them permanently (sorry if that sounds silly)??
thanx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep you can get them permed. It lasts 4-5 weeks (I think!) I'm in the process of studying it now. It works pretty well. Makes them appear longer. If you get them tinted too then you won't need to wear mascara for a while!
    Yes, some beauty salons use a technique called 'eyelash perming' which is exactly what it says - it's a perm, for your lashes. I've not tried it, but it sounds pretty cool!

Personally, I believe it's always better and healthier to use eyelash curlers on natural lashes and then apply mascara. I prefer to use metal curlers, rather than plastic or heated. (I've used all 3 types).

Ilora x
    thanx for your advice.
    ilora: how much is eyelash perming, roughly? and, does it hurt (yes, another stupid question!)
    i always ave curled before applying mascara, bcos i worried about them breaking with the dry mascara being over them. Ive onnly used plastic+plastic heated, maybe i should try metal ones - can you recommend ones for me???
    Cost varies but it isn't that expensive. It doesn't hurt at all. The only thing you might find a bit annoying is that you have to lie down with your eyes shut for 10-15 minutes. The salon should perform a patch test to check for any allergies.
    mmm, how long does it last for??? may have to look in the beauty salons near me, although there arent many.
    Just looked through my book and it lasts about 8 weeks.
    My eyelashes are poker straight. I might have mine done...
    i always ave curled before applying mascara, bcos i worried about them breaking with the dry mascara being over them. Ive onnly used plastic+plastic heated, maybe i should try metal ones - can you recommend ones for me???
    Pretty much all eyelash curlers are the same. There's no point in investing in an expensive pair, when they all perform the same. So, any metal one you see in Boots or something - they'll do!

Ilora x
    I bought the bog standard ones from boots and they weren't too good to be honest. So i got some from wilkos for 79p or something and they're fab :)
    I got a cheap pair for 79p in semi chem, metal ones, v good. You can heat them up under the hair dryer.