Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leap of faith?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this might sound crazy but was wondering - has anyone been really confused about a decision in their lives and in desperation asked for a sign to show them what to do? If so did you follow the road the sign pointed to and did it work for you?
Im not talking anything deep here like religious beliefs or guardian angels but does anyone believe that we have a set fate that we cant change? And if so do you also think that some people are destined to be unhappy and/or confused in their lives and its just luck of the draw?
Personally I have never believed in fate or good or bad luck but something happened recently which made me doubt this...

Comments

• Options
    I dont believe in fate. I think coincidences can happen and I think shit can happen. I dont believe I'm destined for anything. What happens in your life depends on you as a person and your situation.
  • Options
    I think only you can make your fate.

Nothing's destined.
  • Options
    i believe in destiny and a 'divine plan' but not neccesarily for religious reasons.
  • Options
    Personally i do beleive in fate. I also think that the people who say they can make their own choices are wrong. its fate. :p
  • Options
    I hope this doesn't sound hostile but what about starving kids in Africa? Is that a divine plan or fate?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Personally i do beleive in fate. I also think that the people who say they can make their own choices are wrong. its fate. :p

Because I am lazy I did the whole people make their own fate in context of relationships, nowt else; that's what the whole part of Relationships boards is about :razz:

As for kids in Africa, I don't know anymore than what you do for the way things are.

I believe in something "greater" that controls us all and for a purpose the way the world is going war/violence etc, but as for day-to-day relationship-wise fate..nah no one controls it apart from you.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Personally, I believe in both fate and free choice. Some things you can change, but there are those that you can't and will happen anyway.
  • Options
    its strange you guys have such different opinions. Personally for me itsworrying to think we are spiralling out of control with nothing to guide us. But its equally worrying that if something is controlling us then why "it" seems to making life very difficult for a lot of people with no obvious reason.
    As for the kids in africa I have no idea. Maybe its some kinda test? Pretty sick kinda test if thats the case.