Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stupid mistake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically on Friday I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. We were both drunk unfortunately, but it wasn't for long as I knew we shouldn't be doing it without protection. It was my first time too and i'm worried.

Is there a chance I could get pregnant from this even though he didn't come? I don't know whether to get the morning after pill or not. I need help asap, so anyone with advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    well, it would be a good i dea to gte the MAP just in case, even if he didn't come there is still sperm in precum, so there is still a chance that you could become pregnant.
  • Options
    agree with what subzero has said. also, why dont you donsider going on the pill, so if this happens again you'll be covered (or if the condom breaks)
  • Options
    this is so weird. im in EXACTLY same position as you. got a bit drunk last night and me and this guy came back to my room. ended up stopping quickly though because (like you - first time) it hurt too much.
    im wondering about getting pill too. i think i might just to be on the safe side. go down tomorrow to chemist or something. .. and you should do the same!!

when you go to chemist to get pills, what exactly do you ask for at the counter? do you just ask for the morning after pill or is there a name for it? i dont want to look stupid. anyone know?
  • Options
    just ask for the morning after pill. although if you don't want everyone knowing, you could find out the fancy name. i'd recommend going to the doctors; where you'll get it for free rather than having to fork out £20. i'd get it to be on the safeside.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think you should both get it. It's better safe than sorry, right?
  • Options
    Yes, you can get pregnant, and whilst it isn't as likely as if he had come inside you, it is still very likely.

get the MAP pill NOW. The longer you leave it the less effective it is- after 72 hours it is a quarter less effective than after a few hours, and it cannot be used after 72 hours.
  • Options
    This is turning into a right nightmare, can you just get it at any chemist? Know of any that'll be open tonight? I've got work tomorrow and don't particularly want my parents to find out about this.

Starting to panic a bit now.
  • Options
    browny wrote:
    This is turning into a right nightmare, can you just get it at any chemist? Know of any that'll be open tonight? I've got work tomorrow and don't particularly want my parents to find out about this.

Starting to panic a bit now.

You can get it at any pharmacy, normally costing between £10 and £20. Contact NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 to find out your nearest open pharmacy.

You can also get it from your doctor or the walk-in centre for free. The walk-in clinic is normally at your local hospital, and a nurse there will give it to you for free. If you need to know where it is, again ring NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 and they will tell you.

By walk-in clinic I mean the clinic for minor injuries, but not A&E. The GUM clinic will probably not be open on a Sunday.
  • Options
    Best try and get it tonight as it was early sat morning. Thanks for your responses, still feeling worried but know what I need to do now.
  • Options
    I would also point out that you should go to your doctor tomorrow morning. You are getting very close to the 72 hour limit after intercourse of it being effective- after that, you would need to go to the doctor to have an emergency IUD fitted to prevent pregnancy.

You may well have got away with it, but accidents will happen.
  • Options
    you can get emergency IUD in theory but tbh, most doctors arent qualified to fit one and often IUD clinics or family planning clinics have a waiting list for insertion whih can be up to 3 weeks, plus they will generally only fit them during a period, to make sure youre NOT pregnant - go figure.

my advice kids, is dont have unprotected sex unless you want a baby tbh.
    emergency contraception and abortions are such a faff.
  • Options
    To be honest i would'nt rush about worrying all this much. You say your bf didnt cum and you werent having sex for long. Sure there is still a chance of pregnancy with pre-cum but chances of this are very slim and you will most likely not be pregnant.
    Seeing as today is sunday and its 20 past 8 at night - if you havent got the morning after pill by now i'd just get yourself down to the gum clinic soon as possible to get a test done.
    Just remember to be careful in the future and dont forget that if you do go down the clinic and get tested and it turns out you are pregnant (which from the sounds of things is very unlikely) then you still have options and its not the end of the world.
  • Options
    There have been studies that prove EC is actually effective for up to 5 days (although it decreases):

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ectime.html
    http://www.acog.org/from_home/publications/press_releases/nr05-31-03-5.cfm
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/medicalinfo/ec/pub-emergency-contraception.xml

Even though it is coming up to 72 hours it is STILL worth taking. It might just reduce your risk of being pregnant by 60%; which is worth it.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Seeing as today is sunday and its 20 past 8 at night - if you havent got the morning after pill by now i'd just get yourself down to the gum clinic soon as possible to get a test done.

a test wouldnt work this early on, if a baby isnt something you want right now, try your best to get the map, its too much of a risk to take.

you can test if your period doesnt come.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Sure there is still a chance of pregnancy with pre-cum but chances of this are very slim and you will most likely not be pregnant.

Not to frighten, but they aren't as slim as you would think.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Not to frighten, but they aren't as slim as you would think.

yeh. you know what they say... better safe than pregnant :thumb: