Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Whats more important to you - Sex or Love?

12346»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :banghead: Seriously? Oh my god!!!!!!! I'm going to go through this once more slowly and methodically. This is the last time I can do this without resorting to insults.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Just because my views don't mix with your excuses to cheat one someone doesn't make them wrong.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    The reason that I'm continuing this is purely because as many people have said this whole discussion is purely on the individuals opinion ... there is no right or wrong answer and yet you seem completley unwilling to admit that any other point of view than your own could be correct.

You need to read what other people write. I don't cheat. As far as I'm concerned one girl is enough for me. I wouldn't cheat. I'm not arguing this because I disagree with you that a one on one relationship is best I'm arguing because it is not the only way. If two people agree to an open relationship and sleep with other people then IT IS NOT CHEATING!!!! Its not for you to judge their relationship!

And do not try and take the moral high ground:
    "Just because my views don't mix with your excuses to cheat one someone doesn't make them wrong"
    - is not you making a well informed point but attempting to ridicule any opposing argument to your own as selfish and immature.

AND ... I clearly stated in the text I quoted above that i believe there is no right or wrong answer so why you're accusing me of stating your opinion is wrong is beyond me. Stop being defensive, no one is saying your idea of what a relationship is is wrong ... just that its not the only way.
    Walkindude wrote:
    I am not forcing my views on anyone. Its called a debate and the quotes you ripped out on my point on relationships being 2 way missed out the line at the end that said it was just a theory.

Yes you are forcing your views -
    Walkindude wrote:
    Even if you get permission from your partner to fuck someone else, it is sill cheating purely by definition on sociteys standards.

Society's standards? First of all i'm part of society and its not cheating by my standards. This is forcing your views on us ... how can you even attempt to use as vague a term as 'society's standards' to back up your point. Show me a confirmed list of society's standards and I'll take this point seriously but as you obviously can't I wont!

Secondly How is it? How can it be?!?!?! Look up the definition of the word cheat ... if you have permission and your not going behind someones back its NOT CHEATING! :banghead:

Walkindude wrote:
    If people can't handle a discussion that goes deeper then whats the best sex they had or how many different ways they can slag of america and say everything is a conspiracy then don't come on the thread, but if you want a civilised discussion on a real subject then please feel free to post.

You don't want a civilised debate you want everyone to agree with you. You've slagged off or been disparaging to everyone who hasn't. This is not a black and white question or issue, its all shades of grey and you come accross as being incredibly naive by refusing to admit that.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Relationships are defined in terms of fidelity and faithfullness, marriage, its the whole point. 1 on one.

No ... relationships are defined by the people who are in them.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Anyway, has any realtionship in the world ever truely successfully worked out where there has been more then 2 people involved? Really I'd like to know coz everyone I have seen where even when they say its all happy, it eventually turns and at least one person is not happy in the whole thing and truely never was.

Most religions other than Judaism and Christianity permit polygamy. Just because you've never seen it work doesn't mean it can't. I'm guessing your 20 at the oldest? Chances are most or a lot of one to one relationships you have seen haven't worked out ... doesn't mean they can't.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Yes it does. Love is epic and changes thing. Loves keeps some1 with their partner when that partner is an alcholoic or drug addict and is so bad to themselves and their partner, but the person that loves them stays with them and helps them through it. Love lets people sacrifice themselves for their partners, love make speople does crazy romantic things, love makes people happy, love makes people feel complete. For the love of another people have gone on quests, fought to the death and more. Love i sin religion for crying out loud. Love is that powerful. Love inspires- just look at how many love songs their are in existance.

Out of interest have you ever been in love? From that quote I'm guessing no.
    jesus christ you do it on purpose to try and wind me up I am sure. That last post was aimed primarliy at Kermit. I have not slagged off anyone else opinions who did not start on me first! If you wish to insult me and say I am worng then I will stand up from myself, why should I be pushed around by you, kermit or anyone else.

I have not said anyone on here is cheating so don't say I have. What I have said si some opinions do seem to give excuses to cheat. There is a difference.

Right. So its not cheating if you have permission is it? Ok then, you take an exam and your teacher gives you permission to cheat. Is that still cheating? Yes.

Marriage is about fidelity. Being in a relationship is seen and judged as a 2way process. Not 3 not 4, that is the standard. That has been the historical idea. YOu can have as many mistreses as you want but tits still cheating.

I have not froced any views at all. Its called debate, one view and another. I type it, its my right to and its my opinion, its a free board I can write my opinion on it. THAT IS NOT FORCING VIEWS.

I have seen in non jewish and non christian relationships. I have sene it in atheists and agnostics. Relgion doesn't matter. I have yet to see any one show a truelly happy realtionship where there was been more then 2 people involved. Everey documented cases of people in 3 way relationships I have seen always end unhappily. While people may forgive some1 for chetaing, are you saying they are happy when they find out?? No, they aren't.

Age has nothing to do with it and thats a pathetic arguement to draw on some1's age.

yes I have and I belive inw hat I say about love. If people wana be cynical about love and what it is and how powerful it is then thats their choice but I belive it.
    Walkindude wrote:
    jesus christ you do it on purpose to try and wind me up I am sure. That last post was aimed primarliy at Kermit. I have not slagged off anyone else opinions who did not start on me first! If you wish to insult me and say I am worng then I will stand up from myself, why should I be pushed around by you, kermit or anyone else.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    AND ... I clearly stated in the text I quoted above that i believe there is no right or wrong answer so why you're accusing me of stating your opinion is wrong is beyond me. Stop being defensive, no one is saying your idea of what a relationship is is wrong ... just that its not the only way
    Jon_UK wrote:
    The reason that I'm continuing this is purely because as many people have said this whole discussion is purely on the individuals opinion ... there is no right or wrong answer and yet you seem completley unwilling to admit that any other point of view than your own could be correct.

... don't really know how many times I can make this point.

Walkindude wrote:
    Right. So its not cheating if you have permission is it? Ok then, you take an exam and your teacher gives you permission to cheat. Is that still cheating? Yes.

There's no way you can believe thats in any way a relevant comparisson!
    Walkindude wrote:
    Marriage is about fidelity. Being in a relationship is seen and judged as a 2way process. Not 3 not 4, that is the standard. That has been the historical idea. YOu can have as many mistreses as you want but tits still cheating.

Yes marriage is. But thats not what any of us were discussing.
    Walkindude wrote:
    I have not froced any views at all. Its called debate, one view and another. I type it, its my right to and its my opinion, its a free board I can write my opinion on it. THAT IS NOT FORCING VIEWS.

You have refused to litsten to other's opinions or accept that not everyone has to conform to a traditional stereotypical relationship model. You have taken the position that as historically your way is the way relationships have been done that this must be the only possible right answer and any other way deviates from the right course.

Walkindude wrote:
    Age has nothing to do with it and thats a pathetic arguement to draw on some1's age.

Of course it does. Everyone's opinions on these matters change as they grow older and experience different things and I suspect you've had very little experience with what we're talking about.

Nevermind I'm out, this is too frustrating. Instead of reading posts as an attack on you and your beliefs try reading what they actually say. No one's disagreeing with your views on relationships just your views on other's relationships. Welome to another ignore list.
    Walkindude wrote:

Oh, get over yourself. You start a debate, then be prepared for your argument to be called stupid, simplistic and totally wrong. Defend it or change it, but stop whining.

You are completely wrong. Your argument has no redeeming features. I'm not going to lie and say I can see your point, because I don't see your point. There isn't one.

If two people are happy in an open relationship, then what business is it of yours saying that they don't love each other?

You can be in love with someone and still want to have sex with someone else. You can be madly in love with someone else and have sex with someone else. Don't base your argument on a naive and inaccurate assumption that you can't.

I don't, won't and haven't cheated, but I can see how other people can do. Life isn't as airy-fairy as in films.

Love is not epic, love does not change anything. Love doesn't get me a job, it doesn't get me a Lotus, it doesn't get me a big house by the river in Wylam. It means I have someone pleasant to cuddle on a night, and it means I don't care what other women think of me because I have one. That's all.

Love does not change life. Life isn't like that. If you think love changes your world then you haven't experienced life. That's all there is to it.

If you wish to illustrate how love does change the world, then be my guest.
    God you just take and twist everything and just come up with crap. Oh and Jon Uk, why don't YOU read what is written and see what Kermit just put up there.

"You are completely wrong. Your argument has no redeeming features. I'm not going to lie and say I can see your point, because I don't see your point. There isn't one."

Not attacking me and not saying I am wrong my arse!

I am not telling anyone in an open relationship they are wrong, I am saying my views that open relationships are still cheating to me and I'd be very surprised if they evere fully turned out happy. Thats my right to do so. I never said they didn't love each other ever so thats a bollocks argument you made there.

I said they may not be IN love. Thats fair I don't thinkt hey are, but love yes they can be.

Its is not naive and inaccurate at all, Of course some1 can. They can physically do alot of things. Nothing is totally impossible I never said it was!!!! But I believe if you cheat on some1 when your married or if you cheat full stop then its really is a dent in wether you are IN LOVE with that person and possibly if you LOVE that person, as you know all the hurt and pain it would cause, plus if you truely IN LOVE with someone then you wouldn't cheta would you? I mean you can still look at your favorite celeb and think they are hot but you wouldn't go out and fuck someone if you your were truely in love.

It snot about being ariy fairy, its being in love, its being civilised, its having self control.

Love is big, love is epic and you have shown nothing to say it in't. LOVE is a force in itself. Love surrounds and bonds us. Love is between family an dfriends and lovers. Love come sin all forms. There is romantic love, family love, friendship love, and it has been around since the dawn of man. Its in nature, Its in religion. Nothing is bigger then love. Absolutley nothing is bigger then love.

Show me something that is BIGGER then LOVE.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Not attacking me and not saying I am wrong my arse!

You are wrong, I'm saying you are wrong. That's what happens in a debate.

If you think that I am attacking you then, again, you are wrong.
    I am not telling anyone in an open relationship they are wrong, I am saying my views that open relationships are still cheating to me and I'd be very surprised if they evere fully turned out happy. Thats my right to do so. I never said they didn't love each other ever so thats a bollocks argument you made there.

I said they may not be IN love. Thats fair I don't thinkt hey are, but love yes they can be.

So you don't think they're in love, eh? Wow, and that's not telling them they're wrong? How do you work that one out, exactly?

If you don't like it then don't do it. It's not for me either. But I'm not telling them that they shouldn't, or that by being in one they don't love their partners.
    I mean you can still look at your favorite celeb and think they are hot but you wouldn't go out and fuck someone if you your were truely in love.

Why not?

And if you do, why are you not "truly" in love?
    Love is big, love is epic and you have shown nothing to say it in't. LOVE is a force in itself. Love surrounds and bonds us. Love is between family an dfriends and lovers. Love come sin all forms. There is romantic love, family love, friendship love, and it has been around since the dawn of man. Its in nature, Its in religion. Nothing is bigger then love. Absolutley nothing is bigger then love.

How sweet. How naive. How meaningless.

Marrying for love is a very new development. It's not been widespread for very long.
    Show me something that is BIGGER then LOVE.

What does that mean?

Nothing. It's a nothing statement.

Lots of things are "bigger" than love. Money, that's one. It causes more marital breakdowns than anything else.

Love is an emotion, it has no concrete being. I can't pay at Tescos with my love. Love is great, but it isn't "epic" because it doesn't change anything.

If I went to the owner of the hosue I've got my eye on in Wylam and offered to pay with love, they'd laugh at me. That's how life is.
    Actually debate is using arguments and also counter arguments to present your side of an answer to a question. Not just saying "your wrong your wrong!! naanaahhh" or using insults just as naive etc.

Well I was saying anyone specifically, not aiming it at anyone on here. I was stating my opinion. A right to do so by rights and even your standard sinc eyour so fond of telling me I am "wrong".

I don't do it and I am not telling people they shouldnt. I never said they should in any of my posts. Fact. I said in my opinion I beleive that open relationships don't wrok from what I have seen. Thats all, Not a judgement on any individuals or their relationship. Its a stated opinion.

Being IN love is different from LOVE. Being IN love is only a 2 way thing. It is not just th elov eyou feel for that person but the type of love you feel. They type where you are into them, you get them, they get you, you want to be with them emotionally, sexually, you care fro them, you wnat to please them and be intimiate with them and only them. Its fidielity and faithfullness. Thats what being IN love is.

It is not naive or meaningless. You say LOVE is nothing when I have shown it is a force. I am speaking of LOVE int he metaphysical, not just romantic love in relationships. LOVE is a force. An invisible, powerful force that has penetrated everything near to. It is part of life, a constant. Of course that is itslef debatable, I guess some scientists would say it is simply chemicals in the body provoking reactions, a kind of evolutionary trigger effect for mating and such like. Of course you can say that, I accept you can. My belief is that it is more then that. I am free to state that belief without being old I am wrong as you cannot conclusively prove me otherwise.

Of course marriage happend fro other reasons, money, power, connections, tradtion etc etc But love is as old as any other motive.

Money is not bigger then love, its not as old for a started and is simply paper and metal, along with elctronic numebrs. Destroyable and not even used in some places and for some time. It is powerful yes as we give it power but it it is not a metaphysical force, it has no links with relgion besides the collection plates down the years. It isn't on the same par as love.

Maybe, maybe not. People shag their way out of fines, arrests, to get free stuff. You never know kermit ;)

Kind of cynical there I have to say, look beyond the physical, look beyond what you can hold. Feeling, emtotion, yes, its a force and one to treasure, not be thrown away for a few minutes of body produced pleasure.
    Love.

Love can live and grow forever, when sex will fade with age...
    Love.

Love will tear us apart.

Again.
    \
    Love is a many splendid thing..

All you need is Love...
    Lol. Finally some humour... How about everyone is right and we can all go back to happy families :-)
    all I ever wanted....

but I like talking on the subject, hearing other views, don't wnat it all to die just yet.