Home Sex & Relationships
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

Tight or what?

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru

    I don't see this as tight as such, but if we (me and my uni flatmates) go out for a meal, I hate dividing it up equally because they usually all order steaks and as a vegetarian my pasta dish will invariably cost a lot less and I end up paying for other people's food.

    That's exactly what I did with a group of friends of mine when I went away in the summer.

    One thing I think it tight, is that if my parents use a blank CD of mine, they always replace it, but if my sister uses one, she doesn't give me money or replace it...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my housemates think im tight. i spent last term feeding three people on money that is barely enough to feed one, as such i have no overdraft left at all. when i explained i couldnt afford to do it anymore it wasnt met well. and they are still helping themselves to my food out the fridge. :grump:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's exactly what I did with a group of friends of mine when I went away in the summer.

    One thing I think it tight, is that if my parents use a blank CD of mine, they always replace it, but if my sister uses one, she doesn't give me money or replace it...


    but you could say that was tight on your part, too.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have one friend who is pretty loaded, because his parents give him loads of money, and he tends to offer to pay for stuff like drinks and food and then we all pay him back. Sometimes, he might get a pound or so less than what he was owed. Or if he gets food and shares it around, he won't be getting his full share. So, he complains about it *loads* and always says how he's the one paying for everything... but he always offers. :confused: Why does he offer and share stuff around if he's just gonna complain about it?

    Me and my friends don't let him pay for stuff anymore, because he'll just complain at us later.

    On the other hand, I have another loaded friend who is wonderful to make up for it. He lent my £50 for a friend's christmas present (because it was a group thing and no one had enough money at the time...) Very nice, generous guy. Generous rich people are the best.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had a few friends who would borrow money or let me pay for things and never pay me back. Its really annoying particullary when they deny it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    but you could say that was tight on your part, too.

    Why? I was the one who brought the CDs for my own personal use; not for everyone else to use them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    Hilarious.

    All landlords are tight bastards. One deducted money from our deposit because we didn't wipe the table down. What the fuck?

    I can't abide tight people. There's watching the pennies, and there's taking the piss.
    Couldnt agree more about landlords.
    I lost my deposit for stripping kids man utd wallpaper off the wall in my bedroom and replacing it with a neutral blue paint which matched the rest of the bedroom. The wallpaper would have been fine had I been 8 years old and maybe supported the manc twats.
    Apparently when I asked to strip the walls i hadnt stated my choice of colour in the contract. You can see his point right?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    Leaving lights on, leaving mobile chargers switched on without a phone charging, leaving TVs and computers on standby and not shutting doors can add £200-£300 a year on to already high energy bills.

    It's not tight at all. Would you like it if someone pissed away £300 of your money for no reason at all?
    eep, never realised that :eek2:

    i shall have to go and unplug all the chargers lying around my house when i get home
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't agree with the landlords. Ours is a bit...forgetful, i think he thinks we've payed the rent. Her certainly hasn't mentioned anything and it's been a long time since it's due.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    but you could say that was tight on your part, too.

    I agree, thats being a real cheapass. Those things are like 50 cents a piece. And its your family thats taking them :\
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    Now that is bloody tight.

    I'm skint at the minute, and I felt about two inches high when I had to ask for petrol money after driving someone to South Shields and back.

    I don't know how these people do it, do they have no shame?

    Haha, I think it's normal behaviour to him. Another example of his (hilarious) stinginess is when he's off to the corner shop, he'll pop his head round the door and ask if you want anything. If you say yeah, get me a loaf of bread (or whatever) and give him a quid...he'll keep the change as his "fee". :lol:

    I'm not really bothered, but it is quite bizarre behaviour..especially since he always offers to do you a favour and then charges you for the pleasure..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote:
    I'm not really bothered, but it is quite bizarre behaviour..especially since he always offers to do you a favour and then charges you for the pleasure..

    Good business mind!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote:
    Haha, I think it's normal behaviour to him. Another example of his (hilarious) stinginess is when he's off to the corner shop, he'll pop his head round the door and ask if you want anything. If you say yeah, get me a loaf of bread (or whatever) and give him a quid...he'll keep the change as his "fee". :lol:

    I'm not really bothered, but it is quite bizarre behaviour..especially since he always offers to do you a favour and then charges you for the pleasure..

    THast not fair, I tried to do that a few times and they just laughed at me :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    I agree, thats being a real cheapass. Those things are like 50 cents a piece. And its your family thats taking them :\

    exactly. think of all the times your family and friends have helped you out!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    olaola wrote:
    i may not be in the best position to say this, as im not the bill payer. but my dad is always going on about turning lights off and shutting doors to keep the bills down. seems a bit tight, and very anoying


    Buy him some low energy llightbulbs for his birthday then.

    They reckon each bulb saves you about £70 over the lifetime of it's use
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't agree with the landlords. Ours is a bit...forgetful, i think he thinks we've payed the rent. Her certainly hasn't mentioned anything and it's been a long time since it's due.

    Wait till you try and get your deposit back.

    Speaking of, I must ring the Jock cunt who's nabbed all our money this time. It's always the Scots isn't it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    I agree, thats being a real cheapass. Those things are like 50 cents a piece. And its your family thats taking them :\

    But if they end up using 4 or 5 of them, it will end up costing alot. ANd I'm the one who got them for me to use in the first place...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Buy him some low energy llightbulbs for his birthday then.

    They reckon each bulb saves you about £70 over the lifetime of it's use


    we used to have them, but they take ages to turn on, and are nowhere near as bright - not ideal for when stumbling home pissed!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    theres nothing that annoys me more than tightness. i have an ex housemate who who used to do my head in over money. whenever we used to go out for a meal with her the money for the bill would ALWAYS be short even though people put in their tip. she would always count pennies and started to pinch food out of the cupboards. there wasn't any reason to be so extreme either because she wasn't short of money.
Sign In or Register to comment.