Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Photos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Y'know in photos, well, I wondered if anyone else had a signature pose?

I usually stick my thumb up or raise my eyebrows and then do a corny grin. Its a habit. So am I a freak or does anyone else do anything like this?

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Something silly, like point at the camera with fingers like guns and snarl. Heh.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well, unless I try to smile, I tend to have a certain expression on my face. My brother and a friend describe it like "the stare of a cold-blood killer".
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just try not to do a cheesy grin because it makes my nose look really odd.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I normally tend to look odd in every photo, normally open my eyes really weird and stare strangely. I hate having photos taken.
    Unless I'm trying to look sultry, I massive-cheesy-grin and hold my hands out to the sides in a questioning manner. hmmn, maybe that pose needs a little working on?
    Me too. Its a grin and bear it moment. No point trying to hide because your 'friends' usually hold you there and you end up looking like a wally anyway.
    i just carry on with whatever i was doing normally, or some sort of blank stare, or i'll smile/laugh if someone says something funny (which is what they normally do to get me to have *some* sort of expression in photos)
    or when im drunk i'll happily do any poses ppl want me to
    Usually im holding a pint and looking very pleased with myself because of it.
    Renzo wrote:
    Usually im holding a pint and looking very pleased with myself because of it.

because it's still upright? :D
    I used to always do something or other in any photo that was taken like stupid face puling or doing something silly and that was assuming they actually managed to catch me to take a photo in the first place :P I did well to hide most of the time. Nowadays i just grin and bare it though.
    I usually make a really unimpressed face. Raised eyebrows, "wtf do you think you're doing?" kinda thing. Oh yes ;p.
    I usually do a big cheesy grin, or stick my tongue out. But I usually only have photos taken when I'm drunk.
    I usually stick my hand in front of my face.

Rachael I like your av. I once worked out that I must have changed somewhere in the region of 32,000 nappies.
    So for every time Rolly has posted on here, you have changed a nappy. And then some!
    Also i'll pose. Like pout or look moody. Because Im a big girly show off :(
    I don't smile unless someone else is taking the pic and I'm extremely happy.
    I'm notorious for doing a daft head-tilt thing, like I'm a puppet and someone's let go of the string that holds my head up.

Other than that, nowt really, I don't give a peace sign or anything...though I went through a phase of doing so. :p
    Not smile, because I look silly when I do.
    bad seed wrote:
    Not smile, because I look silly when I do.

SO DO I! Omg don't I just.

Do you get people telling you to cheer up too?
    Miffy wrote:
    SO DO I! Omg don't I just.

Do you get people telling you to cheer up too?
    I do. Always. I refuse to smile in pictures, because I think I look fucking daft, and people go "you can smile, ya know". Annoying, it is ;(.
    Franki wrote:
    I do. Always. I refuse to smile in pictures, because I think I look fucking daft, and people go "you can smile, ya know". Annoying, it is ;(.

You'll have to perfect the art of the Mona Lisa smile. It's the only way I can smile in a photo that doesn't make me look like a total gimp.
    Im photos i always have my head tipped slightly to the right and some kind of lop sided grin and my eyes closed.

even if i try not to do it i still look like that
    I'm not a fan of my smile, so I tend to give a raised eyebrow or a glare sometimes. Come to think of it, most of the time I don't think about poses when there's a photo being taken of me :/
    I normally do that groin thrust movement, you know the one, where you look like you're skiing. Complimented with "oooff" as I do each thrust.

Well it means pictures with me in them are rarely dull.
    all of my pictures from reading have me rolling my eyes to the back of my head so that in some of them you can't see my irises - like the undertaker used to do but not with the manic smile

no idea why though it really wasn't on purpose!
    my habit is to try and get out of the photo, otheriwse umm i just kidna try to smile i guess
    I'm good at blinking when the photo is being taken
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lea_uk wrote:
    I don't smile unless someone else is taking the pic and I'm extremely happy.
    Heh... Most people would think someone else taking their picture is a default.
    I understand what you mean though. :(