Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

iTunes / Windows Media Player / Sony Connect

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, I'm not too hot on all this, so forgive me if I make no sense!

My friend had an iPod, and she bought a few albums/songs from the iMusic store online. She now has a Sony Walkman mp3 player (one of the new fancy purple ones) and she has to use Sony Connect software.

So, she's copied most of the music onto there, except the purchased iTunes music. For some reason, it won't let her burn them onto CD so she can upload them onto Sony Connect or Windows Media Player.

Is there anything, software or something, that converts the songs from iTunes (m4p or whatever it is) to mp3?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you goto your music folder, right click on the song and click on "Add to Burn List"

Do this with all the purchased songs and then goto WMP and burn them.

Should work.... he says
    Panthro wrote:
    If you goto your music folder, right click on the song and click on "Add to Burn List"

Do this with all the purchased songs and then goto WMP and burn them.

Should work.... he says

The option isn't given for the iTunes purchased music. Thanks for trying!
    I suspect the DRM won't let it be burnt to CD. :/
    Mist wrote:
    I suspect the DRM won't let it be burnt to CD. :/

I'll have to ask what DRM means... I'm cluctching at straws for her really.
    Digital Rights Management
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/burn/

It says here you can burn it to CD.
    Panthro wrote:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/burn/

It says here you can burn it to CD.

Yeah, she should be able to. We don't know why she can't. I'm going to have a play with her PC - but I'm just looking for other options if that won't work.

From Itunes Help:

Choose Edit > Preferences, then click the Advanced tab at the top of the window and click Burning.

Choose Audio CD as the Disc Format.

To have all the songs on the CD play at the same volume level, select the Sound Check checkbox.

Click OK.

Select the playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD, and make sure all the songs you want to include on the CD have a checkmark beside them.

You can only burn a CD from the songs in an iTunes playlist (you cannot use a playlist on your iPod), and only checked songs are included. For instructions on creating a playlist, search help for "creating lists of songs."

Click the Burn Disc button in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window.
    Insert a blank CD-R disc and click Burn Disc again.

If you plan to play the CD on a consumer CD player, you need to use a blank CD-R disc. If you plan to play the CD only on your computer, you can also use a CD-RW disc.

If the playlist contains more songs than will fit on the CD, iTunes will burn as many songs as will fit on one disc, then ask you to insert another disc to continue burning the remaining songs. (You can see the size of the selected playlist at the bottom of the iTunes window.)

If the playlist contains any songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store, you can only burn the playlist seven times.

If the playlist contains songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store and includes a very long song (longer than a CD), you may see a dialog telling you that you need to put the long song in its own playlist, and then burn that single-song playlist separately.

If the playlist includes Audible spoken word content with chapter markers, the chapters are burned as separate tracks.