Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Black stools (poo)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
found this website off a mate and thought i would ask.

since lunch time when i go to the loo it comes out blacky/very dark green!! i have been to the loo 3 times to day and each time its been more or less the same colour. for lunch i had quorn burgers with a green gurkin source and thought it might be that, i also drank red wine lastnight which i know can discolour stools in some people.

i am going to go to the docs monday to see what they say but does anyone have any idea to what it could be?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you on any iron supplements?
    no none.
    Sorry to be graphic...but is it runny, hard, semi-formed? :sour:
    it's not loose it look spretty normal and solid.
    Red wine and a lot of foods can colour the stools dark. Black stools are entirely different (Google 'melaena') and are caused by bleeding into the bowel.

Are you going to the doctor's because you have passed a dark stool, or for something else?
    Well as long as you are otherwise well i wouldn't say it was a big problem...does sound more like you ave eaten something that hasn't quite agreed with your gut, hence the colour...leaving you with a bit of diarrhoes, as i'm assuming you dont normally go 3 times a day?

Speak to the doc on monday, but i'm sure it's not anything much :no:
    Because I've passed a dark stool, it's a little worrying. there is no sign of blood or pain though.

i do sometimes go 2 or 3 times.