Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

London Meety meet 2006

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Renzo wrote:
    It died because i announced I would not be there obviously.
    Obviously.

You have to come you great big cock, I wanna see (and laugh at) your hair...
    Franki wrote:
    Obviously.

You have to come you great big cock, I wanna see (and laugh at) your hair...

Cant afford it. As I said i'll have spent 8 hours on trains that weekend as it were.

Im sure everyone can get by fine without me
    Renzo wrote:
    Cant afford it. As I said i'll have spent 8 hours on trains that weekend as it were.

Im sure everyone can get by fine without me
    *stamps foot*

I AM POOR AND HAVE £25 A MONTH ATM WHICH I AM SPENDING ON THIS GOD DAMN MEET.

You, sir, have no excuses.
    jake0 wrote:
    so you're going the long way? up through arundel and so?

Yep, cant be arsed with rail replacement buses.
    Franki wrote:
    *stamps foot*

I AM POOR AND HAVE £25 A MONTH ATM WHICH I AM SPENDING ON THIS GOD DAMN MEET.

You, sir, have no excuses.

Probably spent all the money on an emo haircut. W00t!

Bollocks. Just looked at the Train Line and the fuckers are telling me that, to get to Waterloo from good ole' Winchester, I need to change at Reading. I suppose it could be worse ie. Basingstoke. It used to be on the main line from London. Oh well.

Oh yeah, where is this bar we're going to?
    Oh yeah, where is this bar we're going to?

Met Bar, Baker Street. I'm not quite sure where it is as I've never been there before.
    The bar is literally right next door to the exit of the tube station on Baker St. Ya can't miss it, like.
    Roll on the 25th so I get money to pay for flights and such! :D

I dunno if Brian's coming, he's not answering my texts! I fink it might be me on my tod. :crying:
    1983 wrote:
    Roll on the 25th so I get money to pay for flights and such! :D

I dunno if Brian's coming, he's not answering my texts! I fink it might be me on my tod. :crying:
    He texted me the other day just saying he hopes I'm ok after I texted him a few days before. Try phoning him coz I'm sure he'll wanna go. Hope you're ok chick x
    Definate no no for me now, because as well as going up to Nottingham (and returning the day before the meet) I think i have to go home the weekend before. (i'll have to go into London though. How Ironic.)
    Renzo wrote:
    Definate no no for me now, because as well as going up to Nottingham (and returning the day before the meet) I think i have to go home the weekend before. (i'll have to go into London though. How Ironic.)
    You're a busy man by the sounds of things. :)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You're a busy man by the sounds of things. :)

I am indeed. Its a shame cos this meet is going to be a big un, but i just cant afford to spend £75 on trains in a week. Hell i think just the £20 + £35 trips will be too much.

I guess i'll have to drink less to save money :(

Actually I am very busy looking at my timetable....

Tuesday 24th: Essay due.
    Friday 27th: The Rakes
    Saturday 28th: get train home
    Monday 30th: Get train back to Exeter in time for football team social in the evening.
    Wednesday or Thursday: Get train to Nottingham to see friends.
    Saturday 4th: Return from Nottingham, go to Indie society 'Heros and Villians' house party.

Good thing i have 2 weeks of no work....
    Renzo wrote:
    I am indeed. Its a shame cos this meet is going to be a big un, but i just cant afford to spend £75 on trains in a week. Hell i think just the £20 + £35 trips will be too much.

I guess i'll have to drink less to save money :(

Actually I am very busy looking at my timetable....
    Tuesday 24th: Essay due.
    Friday 27th: The Rakes
    Saturday 28th: get train home
    Monday 30th: Get train back to Exeter in time for football team social in the evening.
    Wednesday or Thursday: Get train to Nottingham to see friends.
    Saturday 4th: Return from Nottingham, go to Indie society 'Heros and Villians' house party.

Good thing i have 2 weeks of no work....
    Transport is so expensive, isn't it? Take a car, you get taxed to the hilt for it. Buses are a joke, trains cost the same as a small island... drives me right up the wall.

That drinking less suggestion is wise, but impractical. By football team social, what do you mean? What do you do, football or drinking? :)
    have to smile to be happy as i say .
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Transport is so expensive, isn't it? Take a car, you get taxed to the hilt for it. Buses are a joke, trains cost the same as a small island... drives me right up the wall.

That drinking less suggestion is wise, but impractical. By football team social, what do you mean? What do you do, football or drinking? :)

Drinking mainly. Last time i went on one a round of 50 pints was bought.
    Why are you going to be in london? Where you gonna be? I might be able to see you:p
    Zella wrote:
    Why are you going to be in london? Where you gonna be? I might be able to see you:p

Im going home and the only way to get to Aylesbury is to go in and out of London. I have an hour to kill between Paddington and Marylebone before getting the train to Aylesbury. Or Vice Versa.
    I have now realised that I will be recognisable as I will have my bass guitar with me as I'll be in transit to Bristol. Thus you now know who I will be.
    Ahh I am looking forward to the meet. I suppose eventually on the day I will be crapping myself tho. :nervous:
    I'm getting panicky.

I've not ordered flights/hostel doo-da yet. Meep.

I don't think Brian's coming at all now.

He's reallllllly poor. Bah.

ETA - I so am still coming though ;D
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Rachael wrote:
    Ahh I am looking forward to the meet. I suppose eventually on the day I will be crapping myself tho. :nervous:
    It's not that bad ;[
    Rachael wrote:
    I know the feeling. I was like that for the first one, especially as I was by myself and the one person I knew refused to come meet me at Baker St, despite it being right next door.

We aren't that bad, though. We're all lovely really ;p.
    I have now realised that I will be recognisable as I will have my bass guitar with me as I'll be in transit to Bristol. Thus you now know who I will be.
    Ha nice! Play us a tune? ;)
    Franki wrote:
    I'll believe it when I see it :p
    Franki wrote:
    I know the feeling. I was like that for the first one, especially as I was by myself and the one person I knew refused to come meet me at Baker St, despite it being right next door.

Ah I'm sure you are. I like meeting new people and you all seem cool. I always get nervous beforehand. Its a Rachael thang. Looking forward to it tho :p
    Rich-E wrote:
    I'll believe it when I see it :p
    You're mean ;(
    I might not be able to come:( I have to work at six and i might have to look after my sister in the afternoon.. Considering weather to pop down for a little bit tho. I'll let people know nearer the time.....probably the night before..
    ARGH.

Right, I have worked out how much I have to pay out this month for stuff after wages and such, and I can't come to this meet. :|

Sorry folks. :(
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    gay
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    gay

Iawtc.
    1983 wrote:
    ARGH.

Right, I have worked out how much I have to pay out this month for stuff after wages and such, and I can't come to this meet. :|

Sorry folks. :(
    NOOOOOOO BECKY :(

*cries*.