Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Slowing cars down...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its amazing, another thread about gender issues where women's views get sidelined.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Is there that much difference? Its still an exercise of power.

Is it fuck. Boy drinks a beer. Boy see girls. Boy fancies girl. Boy shouts drunken compliment at girl.

Big fucking deal :rolleyes:

If people are concerning themselves with this sort of shit they need to get themselves sorted out.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm not the one attempting to justify shouting thingsat, and harrassing women because they dare to go out with their mates wearing a sexy little dress.

Why would you wear something 'sexy' if you didn't want to get attention from the opossite sex?
    Weekender Offender 
    Spliffie wrote:
    Why don't you just accept the compliment? :confused:
    Because it's not a compliment? It makes me feel dirty. It makes me feel like a fucking whore, which I'm not.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Its amazing, another thread about gender issues where women's views get sidelined.

What the fuck are you talking about? Who, exactly, has been sidelined, by whom, and by what means?
    Blagsta wrote:
    So once you're not a teenager, you're "old"?

He meant women older than their teens and you know that, so why persist with the bone questions?
    Weekender Offender 
    Franki wrote:
    Because it's not a compliment? It makes me feel dirty. It makes me feel like a fucking whore, which I'm not.

No? So they're trying to insult you are they?
    Spliffie wrote:
    What the fuck are you talking about? Who, exactly, has been sidelined, by whom, and by what means?

Well, Franki says "hey, I don't like it, I'm not after male attention", and you lot gang up on her telling her that she's wrong and she should just "accept the compliment" as if she's an ungrateful bitch for not liking being leered at by Trevor in his Transit.

Haway with ya, you know exactly that's what's happened.
    Spliffie wrote:
    No? So they're trying to insult you are they?
    Just because they aren't trying to, doesn't mean they aren't.
    Franki wrote:
    Just because they aren't trying to, doesn't mean they aren't.

Okay. But if the intention is good, i think you should focus up on that. That's all. Why be upset you look attractive? OK, mouthy "chavs" might not not be to your taste and their compliments may be unwanted and blunt, but all they're doing is complimenting you in their own way.
    Kermit wrote:
    Well, Franki says "hey, I don't like it, I'm not after male attention", and you lot gang up on her telling her that she's wrong and she should just "accept the compliment" as if she's an ungrateful bitch for not liking being leered at by Trevor in his Transit.

Haway with ya, you know exactly that's what's happened.

So we've told her how she feels is actually different to how she's said she feels?

Don't think so :lol:
    See you later chavies. I'm off to get twisted and bolloxed and just possibly honk at some of the fine ladies I see in town tonight. Whey! :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
    Ballerina wrote:
    On my way up to the shop just now some weirdo slowed his car right down as he drove past to stare at me. Then drove off really slowly. I get it quite a lot on that particular road. I've had ''nice tits'' yelled at me (when i was only 14) and wolf whistles. Does anyone take this as a compliment or get annoyed like me?
    And why do men do it? Does anyone here do it?
    it happens a lot to me and f**k yes it is annoying. its quite scary sometimes too because i've had a couple of occassions where i've been on my own and a couple of guys have tried to get / talk me into getting into their car. .. i think tbh its guys who would do better looking for hookers, and i think sex is all they are after... hence why they do it. sad bastards.
    Skive wrote:
    See you later chavies. I'm off to get twisted and bolloxed and just possibly honk at some of the fine ladies I see in town tonight. Whey! :thumb:

Make a note of how many take the compliment, smile and report back later on ;) .

I'll escape from my bird at some point later do likewise.
    Spliffie wrote:
    Okay. But if the intention is good, i think you should focus up on that. That's all. Why be upset you look attractive? OK, mouthy "chavs" might not not be to your taste and their compliments may be unwanted and blunt, but all they're doing is complimenting you in their own way.
    Except it's not just chavs. It's old men in lorries and vans. And I'm not upset that I look attractive, I'm upset that they feel it necessary to make the comments that they do. "Nice tits" is NOT complimenting what I'm wearing, let's be honest about this. Ditto "nice arse". And "nice skirt" means "nice legs", because if I was wearing a skirt that was knee length or lower, they wouldn't say it. It's hard to explain, but there are other ways of complimenting me that don't imply that I'm just some piece of sex with clothes on.
    otter wrote:
    i think tbh its guys

No it's girls too.
    otter wrote:
    and i think sex is all they are after... hence why they do it.

Of course girls are never just after sex are they?
    Weekender Offender 
    otter wrote:
    it happens a lot to me and f**k yes it is annoying. its quite scary sometimes too because i've had a couple of occassions where i've been on my own and a couple of guys have tried to get / talk me into getting into their car. .. i think tbh its guys who would do better looking for hookers, and i think sex is all they are after... hence why they do it. sad bastards.

Ok, I can see what that could be scary.

But who cares if they're only after sex? Are girls sad bitches for talking to me with the intention of only having a shag?
    Skive wrote:
    No it's girls too.
    Except you took that out of it's context. She wasn't saying it was just guys that did it, she was talking about the guys that did it.

Skive wrote:
    And she wasn't saying that either.
    The point is nobody should honk or shout at anyone else unless they know the attentions are wanted. I don't think it's unfair to say that.

Chatting someone up in a club is different, for very obvious reasons. But shouting things at people in the street is as odious as groping people in bars and clubs.
    Franki wrote:
    Except it's not just chavs. It's old men in lorries and vans. And I'm not upset that I look attractive, I'm upset that they feel it necessary to make the comments that they do. "Nice tits" is NOT complimenting what I'm wearing, let's be honest about this. Ditto "nice arse". And "nice skirt" means "nice legs", because if I was wearing a skirt that was knee length or lower, they wouldn't say it. It's hard to explain, but there are other ways of complimenting me that don't imply that I'm just some piece of sex with clothes on.

No, you're right, it's not complimenting what you're wearing, it's complimenting your body.

If someone came up to you in a club...started chatting you up...then said you've got nice legs then would you be offended?
    Skive wrote:
    No it's girls too.

ermmm... i didn't say it was all guys. i was talking about my experiences.
    re-read what i wrote.
    I'm not the type to shout out comments to women, *but* if I thought a woman did have nice legs or whatever and the impression I had was that she wouldn't see me as a potential rapist or whatever, how should I say it in order to compliment her? This is all hypothetical of course.
    Spliffie wrote:
    If someone came up to you in a club...started chatting you up...then said you've got nice legs then would you be offended?

That, as you well know, is different.

Unless you seriously think that the girl you honk at is going to climb straight in the back of the saxo for a good old gangbang with five spotty boy racers.
    Kermit wrote:

Unless you seriously think that the girl you honk at is going to climb straight in the back of the saxo for a good old gangbang with five spotty boy racers.

My mates and I have picked up girls round town from our car so it does work.
    Weekender Offender 
    Kermit wrote:

Ah, right. So a compliment where sex really isn't on the cards is instrinsically worse than a compliment where sex may well be on the cards?

How's that?
    YOu know damn well that shouting and honking and harrassing people is threatening, especially to lone women.

It isn't pleasant in a nightclub either, but at least it is safer.
    Im disgusted by some of the views in this thread. Women are not objects to be shouted at. I fail to grasp how some people seem to think its the womans problem if they dont like it.
    Renzo wrote:
    Im disgusted by some of the views in this thread. Women are not objects to be shouted at.

Neither are men - are you disgusted at that too?
    Kermit wrote:
    YOu know damn well that shouting and honking and harrassing people is threatening, especially to lone women.

It isn't pleasant in a nightclub either, but at least it is safer.

What about a group of 10 ten women with 2 guys in tow?
    Neither are men - are you disgusted at that too?

I wouldnt like being shouted at by a bunch of girls in a car no.