Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Slowing cars down...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    So because a man's stronger means it's different. Ok?????

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Are you really this dumb? Or are you trolling again?

Dumb then.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Kermit, why should the woman feel vulnerable, weak?

Because a group of lads leering and shouting at you can appear very threatening. It's not rocket science to work out why.
    If I was a woman and didn't like it I'd give them the fingers or chuck a brick at the car

Not if you were by yourself and it was a group of skinheads you wouldn't.

Because they might stop, and that wouldn't be very good.
    and you say that rape victims might feel even more vulnerable, I thought being the victim of a rape and seeking advice for would just strengthens a woman's convictions.

You'd be wrong.

As I've said, unless you know someone likes it, you shouldn't do it. I don't see what's so wrong about saying that.

Spliffie, all women who get tarted up just want attention, do they? I presume the wife is gagging for it from a group of spotty teenagers in a Saxo when she puts a nice dress on, yeah? What a stupid thing to say.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So they're asking for it are they?

Asking for male attention? Sure.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    If the "for somebody" part was missing, that would be the kind of thing I was talking about (a choice that makes sense). With the "for somebody" part, it makes some more sense.
    If it didn't have the "for somebody", I would have been doing it to make myself feel good. But meh.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

So when my missus comes to meet me, dressed up, she's asking for it? Don't be a wanker.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Spliffie, all women who get tarted up just want attention, do they? I presume the wife is gagging for it from a group of spotty teenagers in a Saxo when she puts a nice dress on, yeah? What a stupid thing to say.

But most girls dress much more sexily, like a mini-skirt that could substitute for a blet and a low cut top where her breasts are practically falling out.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Wearing a nice dress isn't being tarted up FFS.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    But most girls dress much more sexily, like a mini-skirt that could substitute for a blet and a low cut top where her breasts are practically falling out.

...and?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    So, because I wear a skirt, I'm asking men to shout things at me from their cars which make me feel like a sex object?

Whatever.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

I'm sure some do. I do live in Newcastle, I have seen the Bigg Market.

As I asked, if the wife puts on a nice dress and does her hair nice when she goes out with me or the girls, is she gagging for attention from neanderthals? Don't be bloody stupid.

Oddly enough, most women I know say that they dress up to feel good, not to pull.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    ...and?

And that generally means they're looking for attention, or looking to show off certain attributes. I mean, why would a girl wear a mini skirt and a low cut top in the middle of winter...for the fun off it? No, to show off and possibly get attention.
  • Options
    I doubt you're her type mate :D

I'm near enough married thanks. To a woman, not a girl. :p
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So when my missus comes to meet me, dressed up, she's asking for it? Don't be a wanker.

Being tarted up is different from dressing nicely eh

I'm talking about groups of girls dressed like slappers looking to pull.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm sure some do. I do live in Newcastle, I have seen the Bigg Market.

As I asked, if the wife puts on a nice dress when she goes out with me or the girls, is she gagging for attention for neanderthals? Don't be bloody stupid.

No, never said or even directly implied anything of the sort. You're wife is also quite old ;) and they tend to get less attention from "chavs" in novas anyway.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Being tarted up is different from dressing nicely eh

I'm talking about groups of girls dressed like slappers looking to pull.

Aaah, like "slappers". What a lovely opinion you have of women. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm near enough married thanks. To a woman, not a girl. :p

:nervous:

I thought you were female.

Unless you're referring to one of those gay 'marriages'?
  • Options
    :nervous:

I thought you were female.

Unless you're referring to one of those gay 'marriages'?

No, I'm very definitely a bloke. I'm guessing the difference of opinion is down to age.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    And that generally means they're looking for attention, or looking to show off certain attributes. I mean, why would a girl wear a mini skirt and a low cut top in the middle of winter...for the fun off it? No, to show off and possibly get attention.
    Because I want to feel good about myself? Because it gives me slightly more confidence? Maybe?

Not because I want some old pervert in a car to shout at me out his window that I've got "nice tits".
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    No, never said or even directly implied anything of the sort.

But you did, really.

When she's out on the lash with the girls, is she looking for attention from men? No, she's got (the best) one at home:p
    You're wife is also quite old ;) and they tend to get less attention from "chavs" in novas anyway.

Oh, she's still got it in her old age;)
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    So, because I wear a skirt, I'm asking men to shout things at me from their cars which make me feel like a sex object?

Whatever.

Wearing a skirt doesn't equate to looking like a tart.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

What does a "tart" look like then?
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Because I want to feel good about myself? Because it gives me slightly more confidence? Maybe?

See, you inadvertantly just proved my point. Well done.

Feel good about yourself? Yes because you look better to the lads in those clothes than you would in a baggy jumper and a pair of baggy jeans, clothes more suited to the cold winter.

Give you more confidence? Why are you trying to feel confident in front of the girls who see you everyday anyway, no to the fellas of course.
  • Options
    i bet ballerina wishes she'd never started this thread now!

i think my being bothered about some bloke pipping his horn at me would depend on how good looking he was, tbh! ;)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    See, you inadvertantly just proved my point. Well done.

Feel good about yourself? Yes because you look better to the lads in those clothes than you would in a baggy jumper and a pair of baggy jeans, clothes more suited to the cold winter.

Give you more confidence? Why are you trying to feel confident in front of the girls who see you everyday anyway, no to the fellas of course.

Do you actually know any women?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    When she's out on the lash with the girls, is she looking for attention from men? No, she's got (the best) one at home:p

I'm the man! For all girls! :razz:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote:

Whatever.

But the reason you were wearing a skirt earlier on was to 'impress somebody' yes?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Do you actually know any women?

You've asked me this question before. Yes I know quite a few woman, I may have went to a boys grammar school but I don't think it did that much damage. Why you asking such silly questions?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

What if its a really short skirt?

What is a "tart" anyway? Most of the tarts round here wear blue jeans and zippy tops.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    You've asked me this question before. Yes I know quite a few woman, I may have went to a boys grammar school but I don't think it did that much damage. Why you asking such silly questions?

Because you come across like you don't, you come across like you only know teenage girls, not grown up women.