Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Will's

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Will's what?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Will's what? Tired? Masturbating? Gone for a drink?

I was going to post similar but you beat me :( Surprised no-one else brought it up tbh.

I don't have a will, no. But if I died then whoever wants my debt can have it :yes:

Seriously though ... it's not something I have ever thought of getting.
    I was going to post similar but you beat me

Bollocks, and me.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    bad seed wrote:
    Bollocks, and me.

You hadn't posted it when I clicked reply though :p

We are just pedants :p
    :lol: I finally got it.

I didn't see the ' in there so I had no idea what you all were on about at first with, will's what?, i thought it was just moronic. But now I get it.
    Will's will will leave everything to Will, whose will was to not have a will.

Isn't English great?
    my_name wrote:
    :lol: I finally got it.

I didn't see the ' in there so I had no idea what you all were on about at first with, will's what?, i thought it was just moronic. But now I get it.

haha i just got it too. :blush:
    haha i just got it too. :blush:

That makes me feel much better :heart:
    Will's what? Tired? Masturbating? Gone for a drink?

I don't know, but it'd be nice to make that grammatical error a criminal offence.

I don't have a will, so legally it all goes to the boss.
    - PC to my brother
    - Books to be shared between my bro and the boyf. My brother can get first choose though
    - The money I have - first they need to hire a professional cleaner to clean my room, then my parents can keep the rest
    - DVDs can be fought over. Prolly to my friends

It's a wee bit sad that I don't own anything else of value!
    Hellfire wrote:
    Stingy cunt..

what the hell does it matter who gets what when a person is dead? unless its money left to a wife or partner or kids or parent who really needs it to get by who wants anything unless its something really personal? posessions mean nothing when somone is dead. speaking from real and very raw experience death and wills bring out a horrible and greedy side to some people.
    (When I'm older)

House and car(s) to wife/kids
    Clothes to charity
    Posessions between family - but certain items will go to chosen people
    Money between wife and kids and grandkids.
    Anything else can be ebay'd
    wee wuman wrote:
    what the hell does it matter who gets what when a person is dead? unless its money left to a wife or partner or kids or parent who really needs it to get by who wants anything unless its something really personal? posessions mean nothing when somone is dead. speaking from real and very raw experience death and wills bring out a horrible and greedy side to some people.
    Have to agree. When my gran died there was a huge fallout about who gets how much and a lot of money went "missing" and certain people seemed to benefit a lot more than others.

I'd hate to think what would happen when my grandad dies...
    Panthro wrote:
    The rules in Scotland are different, spouses and children have rights to the estate to matter what you say in your will. I think it is 1/3 each. I.e. 1/3 to the spouse and 1/3 shared between the children. The remaining third (minus debts and liabilities) can be given to whomever I like: probably my family anyway or some charity.

nearly correct. legal rights only apply to moveable estate, so your house and any property or land can be left to whoever you wish. if you have a spouse but no children, your spouse is entitled to 1/2 of the moveable estate. if there is children 1/3 each like you said, these dont have to be accepted though. if one of your parents died you wouldnt accept your legal rights and take money from the other would you, well i dont think most people would.

so if you have a child or spouse you dont like its simple, spend all of your money on property so theres no moveable estate when you die, then leave your property to whoever you wish ;)
    Who should get the toilet paper that I still have left when I die. Tough choices :crying:
    Jazza wrote:
    Have to agree. When my gran died there was a huge fallout about who gets how much and a lot of money went "missing" and certain people seemed to benefit a lot more than others.
    would you want the money though? would you enjoy spending it? who benefits from someoe dying?

i know how that goes my uncle died with no will but there are a few of the siblings holding out for what they can get and its disgusting. the whole fuckin lot should go to my gran so she can get by not that she wants it she would rather have her baby back my dads not interested getting anything i find it disgusting that people want to be getting money and meaningless things when someone dies, its vile. i would give enough to my gran to get by and then the rest to charity.
    i don't have a will, so legally everything i own will go to my next of kin, which at the moment are my parents.

apart from the house, which, due to us buying as an unwed couple, is a complicated arrangement. i do have life insurance, so if i died the mortgage would be paid off. at that point a certain percentage is mine and so would also be left to my parents, and the remainder would be split between us, with my half beloning to my parents and the other belonging to mr. kaff. i'm sure they'd let him have it though.

when we get married the house will become half mine and half his, and he'd then be my next of kin anyway, so all my estate (haha - that still tickles me) would be passed to him.

the only things i'd like to specify things be left to are a couple of rings. one is my grandma's - it was a present from my grandad on their 25th anniversary, and the other i bought with money my other grandma gave me to pick out an heirloom before she died. i'd give my grandma's ring to my only other girl cousin on that side, and the other to another of my cousins.

bloody hell. no wonder i've not written one. this is bloody complicated.
    kaffrin wrote:
    apart from the house, which, due to us buying as an unwed couple, is a complicated arrangement. i do have life insurance, so if i died the mortgage would be paid off. at that point a certain percentage is mine and so would also be left to my parents, and the remainder would be split between us, with my half beloning to my parents and the other belonging to mr. kaff. i'm sure they'd let him have it though.

our title deeds state that the property be left to the survivor, so if something happens to one of us the other would automatically be the full owner, plus we have life insurance so the mortgage would be paid.
    Sugar wrote:
    our title deeds state that the property be left to the survivor, so if something happens to one of us the other would automatically be the full owner, plus we have life insurance so the mortgage would be paid.

Did you specify that?

Normally what happens is that the survivor holds it on trust for the dead person's estate, basically to prevent the survivor being turfed out. But it doesn't belong to the survivor, only half does.
    Kermit wrote:
    Did you specify that?

Normally what happens is that the survivor holds it on trust for the dead person's estate, basically to prevent the survivor being turfed out. But it doesn't belong to the survivor, only half does.

if the deeds are 'to the survivor', it is not considered an asset of the estate as ownership automatically transfers to the surviving person.
    we had to write up all sorts of extra paperwork to do it our way. basically my parents gave us money towards the deposit, which is a wedding present, so they want that proportion of the house to belong soley to me until we are married. mainly cause my mum is paranoid in case my chap leaves me and tries to get the money :chin:

anyway, so we had some kind of deal and so we are owners in common rather than joint owners or something like that, and thus the property is not half his and half mine.
    My dad died just before Christmas this year. It was a rotton time obviously but what made it worse was that my dad's side of the family had fallen out with my mum and they decided to dislike me and my brother.

My uncle is in charge of the will and they are delaying it for as long as possible. I don't mean to sound money grabbing but its hurting not knowing whether my dad has left me anything. Its a long story but if he did leave me money for my future or just ANYTHING well then..to me that shows that he did care about me.