Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tight or what?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any good stories of people you know that are tight with their money?

Relations? Friends, Exes, etc?

One of the tightest thing that ever happened to me was relations that took us to Maccies .. spent a good 10 minutes examing every detail of the menu and then ordered 3 burgers between 5 people and then they proceeded to cut them up to make them go around :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    One of my mates is tight as fuck to the extent it's become a joke around my way.

We went clubbing one night in Bournemouth, and he'd been poncing all night without giving anything back. We decided to spike him up with drink, he got fucked, and then he disappeared.
    At the end of the night we came out to find him asleep on a patch of grass directly in front of the club, minus his shoes. He'd obviously pissed somebody off and they'd nicked his shoes, wallet and phone whilst he was asleep. Funny as fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I once went out on my birthday with some people I worked with. The tight bastard in question asked me if I wanted a drink (this got some shocked faces in itself).

"Sure. I'll have a pint of lager."

"Are you sure? Bitter's 12 pence cheaper." He responded. :confused: :eek:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    A neighbor. There are 6 flats in the building, so any expenses that have to do with the common parts of the building are divided by 6. Once someone had tried to break in the building and failed, but the outside of the lock had been blocked. Everyone suggested, of course, to replace the lock. This guy went down there and switched the lock over (so that the blocked side would be inside). Just to avoid paying 1/6 of a simple lock!!!
    At another point, he unscread most of the lightbulbs on the ground floor so he'd pay less electricity bill.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    He'd obviously pissed somebody off and they'd nicked his shoes, wallet and phone whilst he was asleep. Funny as fuck.

Hilarious.

All landlords are tight bastards. One deducted money from our deposit because we didn't wipe the table down. What the fuck?

I can't abide tight people. There's watching the pennies, and there's taking the piss.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    Hilarious.

If you knew the thieving cunt you'd find it funny. What goes around came around.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    The landlady where i work is ace. Though she is deaf =/ she doesn't even have a closing time and pays the waitresses good money for our age.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    thieving cunt

Ah, now that makes it funny, you're right.

People who don't get their round in are bastards.
  • Options
    People thought because I always get water when we go out that I was bad, but this stuff is funny.
  • Options
    one of my flatmates thinks im tight because i didnt buy him an ipod nano for christmas :eek2:

he seems to think that because my dad is well off that im going to spend tons of money on him..which i dont.. because i dont like him... so when i dont he accuses me of being tight. stupid boy
  • Options
    One of my flatmates is pretty stingy. He offered to give me and a mate a lift into town last night and then charged us £3.50, haha. Not the first time, either, he should get a meter fixed or something. :lol:

After this time I'll definitely remember next time I give him a lift all the way to frigging Blackburn.

I know a helluva lot of round-dodgers, they are bastards indeed.
  • Options
    i hate tight people at work,

they go the whole way through the menu

whats the cheapest cocktail you have £2.50
    well how much is this 1 £2.50
    and this 1 £2.50
    and the cheapest pint £2.35
    And bottle £2.50
    Glass of pop? £1.20

rite il have a glass of water then :banghead:
  • Options
    lol quality thread i must say........one guy ive known for years and lived with for two at uni takes the piss though, i dont even know how im friends with the bloke he was a mate of a mate or something.......he must have ponced ounces of weed off me over the years, what really pissed me off is that he would sell occasionally as well, so we would both have weed, but he would never skin up out of his stash, he would sell you some and then smoke it with you, after a while me and another flatmate started locking our door when we would have a spliff, the house would start reeking and he'd come downstairs knocking on the door, and we just ignored him, tight arse git.......wasn't just weed either, he ponced fags off everyone (lucky i dont smoke them) and drinks whenever he could, and the dude rarely even said thank you, kind of like it was owed to him somehow?.......i've never seen him put his hand in his pocket for anyone else, the guy is a miserable git to top it all off and he wonders why the world is against him?......i really resent tight people if you hadn't guessed lol, i've met a few but this guy's undoubtedly the worst, maybe cos he's an only child or something, they're a bit funny about sharing i've noticed.....
  • Options
    i don't actually know anyone that's tight as such, but i haven't got time for people who..for example..if you go food shopping with some mates and you need to divide it up. i can't be arsed with doing it to the exact penny! that kinda thing annoys me.
  • Options
    ha lol yeah know what you mean, this dude wouldn't even round down to the nearest penny if it was 0.3333 or something.......bout 8 of us went for a meal once, and when we got the bill we all chipped in and the waiter took the money, then this guy realised he had paid about a pound too much or something, by this time the money was already gone and they must have assumed it was a tip, he actually whinged so much and made my friend ask for it back, i've never cringed so hard in my life.......suffice to say we never ate there again.....lol makes me cringe now just thinking about it.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    One of my flatmates is pretty stingy. He offered to give me and a mate a lift into town last night and then charged us £3.50, haha.

Now that is bloody tight.

I'm skint at the minute, and I felt about two inches high when I had to ask for petrol money after driving someone to South Shields and back.

I don't know how these people do it, do they have no shame?
  • Options
    i don't actually know anyone that's tight as such, but i haven't got time for people who..for example..if you go food shopping with some mates and you need to divide it up. i can't be arsed with doing it to the exact penny! that kinda thing annoys me.
    I do that always, because one of us might have eaten (I'm saying the extremes) turkey and lobster while the rest of us, chips and spaghetti. Why divide it equally?
    That said, if something can't be done correctly I won't mind giving a little more that I would if I was paying for my food only.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I do that always, because one of us might have eaten (I'm saying the extremes) turkey and lobster while the rest of us, chips and spaghetti. Why divide it equally?
    That said, if something can't be done correctly I won't mind giving a little more that I would if I was paying for my food only.

i wasn't meaning things like that.

say you lived with a bunch of people and you needed to buy some cleaning products; that's what i mean. or would you work out who uses the most toilet roll?
  • Options
    i wasn't meaning things like that.

say you lived with a bunch of people and you needed to buy some cleaning products; that's what i mean. or would you work out who uses the most toilet roll?
    For some reason, I thought you had said "eating with others", sorry.
    Of course you're right then. In the example above, if we have just one bottle of water or one plate of chips for all of us we divide it equally.
  • Options
    i may not be in the best position to say this, as im not the bill payer. but my dad is always going on about turning lights off and shutting doors to keep the bills down. seems a bit tight, and very anoying
  • Options
    I know a girl who offered to get me something from the shop. I unknowingly gave her 1/10th less than what a pack of chewitts cost, and she ate one of them to make up the difference.

Thought that was really sad.

Fortunately most of friends reciprocally share money and other stuff freely. Fucking hippies :p
  • Options
    Erm it was our friend's birthday and my other friend offered to go to the bar to walk upto the bar and get him a drink. He gave her a £20 and she came back with no change and so many shots. He wasnt impressed :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I'm not particularly stingy, although I should be, it's my fucking money and not anyone else's.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    i may not be in the best position to say this, as im not the bill payer. but my dad is always going on about turning lights off and shutting doors to keep the bills down. seems a bit tight, and very anoying

Leaving lights on, leaving mobile chargers switched on without a phone charging, leaving TVs and computers on standby and not shutting doors can add £200-£300 a year on to already high energy bills.

It's not tight at all. Would you like it if someone pissed away £300 of your money for no reason at all?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Leaving lights on, leaving mobile chargers switched on without a phone charging, leaving TVs and computers on standby and not shutting doors can add £200-£300 a year on to already high energy bills.

It's not tight at all. Would you like it if someone pissed away £300 of your money for no reason at all?

Was gonna say, wait until you have to pay the bills lad.

I'm off to turn the heater on.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

haha, wait till you pay the bills!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Thats what I was going to say. Little things like turning lights off do make a difference. Shutting doors really does too-our house is very cold, and if I have the heating on I don't want to be paying to let it escape out of the air brick in our draughty hallway.
  • Options
    How do open doors use electricity??
  • Options
    you might have electric heaters. :yes:
  • Options
    If you are heating one room, and leave the door open that leads to another room, the heat escapes and the heater has to work harder to keep the first room at the right temperature, therefore costing more.

I don't see this as tight as such, but if we (me and my uni flatmates) go out for a meal, I hate dividing it up equally because they usually all order steaks and as a vegetarian my pasta dish will invariably cost a lot less and I end up paying for other people's food.

That said, I spent loads on washing up liquid and cleaning stuff last term for our flat.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

I'm soo turning into my Mum it's scary. I'm always on about this it seems, and my daughter gives me 'the look'. The bloomin look! The one I used to give my neurotic mother...