Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Slowing cars down...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On my way up to the shop just now some weirdo slowed his car right down as he drove past to stare at me. Then drove off really slowly. I get it quite a lot on that particular road. I've had ''nice tits'' yelled at me (when i was only 14) and wolf whistles. Does anyone take this as a compliment or get annoyed like me?
And why do men do it? Does anyone here do it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i always seem to get men beeping at me when im walking, or when im using my phone in a layby some lorry driver ALWAYS has to toot :mad:
    one of my ex best mates lives on a main road, and we used to walk about 1/2 a mile up there to the chippy. 95% of the time we'd get hooted at. Once her and another mate had a car slow right down next to them and craw along as they walked then drive off. It's quite worrying :nervous:
    When I was younger I used to find it quite flattering - now it pisses me off because I know they're mostly muppets who honk at anything with breasts. I also hate it when they toot really hard right behind you, and then laugh when you jump so hard you wet yourself.....
    would be flattered tbh .. no reason not to be. (although if blokes were doing that to me id be worried)
    to be honest if you're wearing a school uniform, any old pervy man is going to want to take a look.
    I was once walking into town for a night out with a couple of girl mates, and cars kept honking at them cos they were in skirts and stuff. (that and they were swigging vodka)
    to be honest if you're wearing a school uniform, any old pervy man is going to want to take a look.
    i've only had it once when i was wearing school uniform, that was a wolf whistle back in september. Rest of the time im in normal clothes.
    you actually remember the months when it happens? :confused:
    you actually remember the months when it happens? :confused:
    i only remember that because it was the first week back at school and for some reason or another i had to walk a different way home and it happened then
    Ballerina wrote:
    On my way up to the shop just now some weirdo slowed his car right down as he drove past to stare at me. Then drove off really slowly. I get it quite a lot on that particular road. I've had ''nice tits'' yelled at me (when i was only 14) and wolf whistles. Does anyone take this as a compliment or get annoyed like me?
    And why do men do it? Does anyone here do it?

Yeh I do it all the time.

Get yer tits out ya slag!
    one of my (male) friends had really long hair, and went through a stage of wearing it down.

he used to get tooted by lorry drivers all the time. how i laughed.
    turlough wrote:
    Yeh I do it all the time.

Get yer tits out ya slag!

If someone shouted that at me I think I would probably cry. :o
    If people shout out their cars at me I normally shout back. Something along the lines of grow a knob, but when i was in my uniform I was alwasy tempted to shout pedo at them.
    It always happens to me when i walk to work, at least twice on the way there, they obviously find tesco uniforms very alluring, but if middle old men have nothing better to do just let them get on with it.
    I do get vaguely annoyed when it happens (it's not all the time, like, but..) especially when you happen to make eye contact with a bloke in a passenger seat who then seems to think you want his body and proceeds to break his neck giving you bedroom eyes 'til they're half a mile away. A bit sad.

If men like turlough (:p ) shout things like "get yer tits out" in town then the best reply is usually "I'll show you mine, if.." which usually scares them off. Or leaves you scarred for life. :yeees:
    I hate it. Im pretty safety concious myself due to having been attacked by strangers. So when it happens it really freaks me out. And i get annoyed that guys think they can do that sort of thing.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Sometimes my mates and I will do it. I remember honking at some girl from my company car and she complained to the company. :lol:

I've had girls do it to me on few occasions. I think it's funny.
    Weekender Offender 
    Sounds like a very rude thing to do.

It's condescending women. I fail to see the humour in this.
    i can cope with honking and stupid calls, because they're just being pervs who think with their dicks rather than their brains
    however, its when they slow right down and stare at you in a weird way when it worries me....
    i remember when i was 13 i had a worrying experience when i was alone at a station after school with this guy who was acting really weird, it's made me kinda paranoid since
    and about a year before that there was a guy hanging round our school gates who made several attempts to force girls into his car...i'm just really cautious now
    You need a white van for this.

"Alroight darlin'"
    My step-brother has always been a babe-magnet (the bastard!!! :D ) and used to be a window cleaner while he was a student. Sometimes he'd be wearing overalls which showed off his upper-body (he worked out a lot in those days) and what with it being summer he'd get a LOT of comments from gangs of women in convertable cars driving past, so it's not just leery men who do it.

And yes, to this day I'm jealous of him :D
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bad seed wrote:
    You need a white van for this.

"Alroight darlin'"

Ahem. On a serious note, a fremale freind of mine used to spit in their window if they slowed down. It was amusing as she would then threaten to rip their throat out or something.

I don't suggest doing it, but you COULD always buy a taser and shock them, and claim rape.
    i went for a walk not long ago down the main road past uni and i got honked at by 5 different cars :p 3 of which being lorries/trucks. one guy actually rolled down his window and shouted stuff at me but i ignored him. another time i was walking down the same road and a group of about 5 lads slowed down and tried to get me to come with them. i started walking in the opposite direction!!!
    quarfly wrote:
    Sounds like a very rude thing to do.

It's condescending women. I fail to see the humour in this.

boo hoo.
    if im driving everyone home after a night out, i always get my pissed uo mates in the back shouting stuff out the windows or reaching over for the horn etc. all a bit of fun

driving around the town centre ring road late at night, we often get people doing the same thing back towards our car
    You can usually tell the type of guy doing it though - if it's all in good humour it's just a toot or a shout and a good natured wink, and I can usually laugh at that, but it is a bit upsetting when you get guys with their tongue and the V sign or shouting things that take the 'joke' a bit too far.
    boo hoo.

Now, with all due respect, what was that for?

boo hoo to you too. :yeees:
    quarfly wrote:
    Now, with all due respect, what was that for?

boo hoo to you too. :yeees:

because worse things happen in the world! i'd rather get a car pip at me than get my arse groped by a random. lighten up, you sound like my grandad! ;)
    because worse things happen in the world! i'd rather get a car pip at me than get my arse groped by a random. lighten up, you sound like my grandad! ;)

Of course worse things happen in the world. Just wondering where the humour is. I find it rude, you don't. Let's leave it at that point.

And the fact that most females I know are feminists and would freak out and cry if that happened.
    I hate it. I get guys beeping at me CONSTANTLY. Or shouting "nice arse". I hate it hate it hate it. Especially when I'm with male friends (I don't really expect it then, see, cause it happens less then), and people beep at me and so I think I know them, and look round, and that encourages them even more.

I don't like how people stare at me when I'm wearing skirts, either. It's like...they're LEGS, you've seen them before, GET OVER IT.

I was wearing a skirt the other day, with fishnets, and this guy walked past me (bear in mind this was at half 7 on a Friday night in the middle of January, so I was FREEZING) and said "nice skirt". I was pissed off as it was, and I just thought "if you like it so much, you can fucking wear it, and I'll put your trousers on".