Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

best condoms

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Replicant wrote:
    depends, if you're on the pill you can try all the fun ones :) I hear condomi are supposed to be pretty good.

condomi are the only ones ive ever used, got a three pack. Summary:

first one popped (it was on correctly)

second one, was the most painful orgasm ever. felt like someone was holding a thumb over it. didnt pop that time though.

third one, we were fed up so decided to use it as a balloon (well, gf did :p)

hope not all condoms are like that :( but it was a truly horrid experience. having them on was uncomfortable, it felt like a laggy band was round at the bottom and it was cutting my circulation off.
    beans wrote:
    but you can also buy them online if you can't find them anywhere locally.

http://www.britishcondoms.com/condomi-condoms/?source=google-adwords&gclid=CJjnw8e-1IICFShtEgoddg3wJA
    I prefer http://bigboycondoms.co.uk because they take paypal
    Beans, have you brought form britishcondoms.com? Are they safe to buy from?

Anyoen ever tried Trojan condoms?
    Yes, the latex appears to have been "washed", so they have no taste and are less likely to have allergy issues. I note that FDA requirements are less rigorous than CE and BS, and trojan did have a quality problem a few years back.
    Zella wrote:
    I've always found the durex extra safe ones to be the least safe. I know how to put on a condom and I know I'm doing it right, but they with out fail break within 10mins. Even with slow sex.

Think that's how Durex Extra Safe work. They break, they always break, and you always feel them break, so you stop, and don't end up having penetrative sex.

Best contraception ever. Guy who invented them was a genius.

Btw - the guy on the durex condom packet (the one with the silhouette of the man and woman walking into the distance), is actually my mate. He's a graphic designer, and was working for durex on their marketing and new packaging. When they did the photo for the packet, the guy they were going to use was too small, and the girl on the piccie towered over him. So at 6ft 4, my mate was called in out of the shadows and is the man on the packet. Interesting but crap fact of the day!!!!! ;)
    felt like someone was holding a thumb over it. didnt pop that time though.
    Are you sure it was on correctly
    but it was a truly horrid experience. having them on was uncomfortable, it felt like a laggy band was round at the bottom and it was cutting my circulation off.
    you probably need a wider fit. Were you able to put it on according to the instructions (hold the tip with one hand, and roll gently down with the other) - or did you end up with two fingers from each hand inside stretching it open?
    has anyone here ever used those female condoms?
    are they easy to use? and how do they feel for both the girl and the guy?
    my boyfriend hates using condoms (and cant really see the point since i take the pill) but i like the extra security of it. wondering if maybe the female condom might be a compromise?
    flighty wrote:
    has anyone here ever used those female condoms?
    are they easy to use? and how do they feel for both the girl and the guy?
    my boyfriend hates using condoms (and cant really see the point since i take the pill) but i like the extra security of it. wondering if maybe the female condom might be a compromise?

they aren't very reliable
    \
    if you're on the pill you really don't need the extra security of it, the pill is almost 100 per cent effective.

Not against std's its not.
    manickev wrote:
    Not against std's its not.

Exactly. You only just use the pill if you and your partner have been checked for STIs.
    \
    so this might be a stupid question but as the post i ws responding to was about female condoms, do they prevent against STIs? i'm not sure i'd trust them, if i was worried about STIs then i'd insist upon him wearing a condom, but then i've never tried female condoms so i don't know.

Yes, they still protect against std/i's. I think they are more difficult to use than standard condom's, but have only ever used them once with my girlfriend.
    if you're on the pill you really don't need the extra security of it, the pill is almost 100 per cent effective.

Wouldn't want to be that 1% though. Plus, the pill is that effective if taken exactly correctly every day. From my various pamphlets inside my pills, Dr's, reading, bla bla bla, most women take it at 95% effectivness. my man is an overprotective nut and its rubbed off onto me.
    Are you sure it was on correctly

I was wondering that as well. I've always found the condomi ones to be the easiest to roll on, and the most comfortable to wear. Horses for courses perhaps.
    \
    I never thought the name 'Trojan' was the best idea for condoms. Trojan horse....things getting in when you don't want them to...?
    Silverberg wrote:
    I never thought the name 'Trojan' was the best idea for condoms. Trojan horse....things getting in when you don't want them to...?

:lol: never thought of that. thats hilarous.
    Just a quick question, you know the current poll about what brand is the best, well has anyone here ever heard of Jiffy?

As I've not heard of them.
    Jiffy Lube oil change
    Jif peanut butter

But thats as close as I know.
    my_name wrote:
    Jiffy Lube oil change
    Jif peanut butter

But thats as close as I know.

All I can think of over here is jiffy bag or Jif (now called Cif, I think we where the only ones to call it Jif) household cleaning products.
    This is quite worrying. I thought all condoms were pretty reliable. Me and my boyfriend had sex for first time the other day and used an ordinary durex condom - never thought of what type of comdom to use :nervous:
    jenni30 wrote:
    This is quite worrying. I thought all condoms were pretty reliable. Me and my boyfriend had sex for first time the other day and used an ordinary durex condom - never thought of what type of comdom to use :nervous:

Thats the kind I use. Grand.

Oh, one thing I've learned, theres some odd brand named comdonms out there and on the packaging, somewhere little, they will say something along the lines of "a durex condom" but its not actualyl a durex brand. And thats when theres a batch of condoms that don't make it thru that specific companies tests so they'll sell them cheap to others, who will in turn package and sell them to you. So watch out.
    Kermit wrote:
    I was wondering that as well. I've always found the condomi ones to be the easiest to roll on, and the most comfortable to wear. Horses for courses perhaps.
    I only have experience of the Condomi XXL (stupid name) and I like the packaging - rectangular with a 1:2 ratio - it fits quite well into a range of containers, without the condom being squashed to get it into it's envelope - I worry about the high stress corners. Unfortunately, they didn't fit terribly well so I gave them away.

I used to like the Durex topaz - because I could get them on without looking like an idiot in the process. In retrospect, they were not on properly, but they were on in less than two minutes.
    but they were on in less than two minutes.

:eek2: A condom takes 5 seconds to put on :\
    my_name wrote:
    :eek2: A condom takes 5 seconds to put on :\
    ha ha ha ha ha haaa

you exagerate. It's more like 20 seconds without complications - but I suppose it may be quicker on the circumcised penes you are used to.

Of course, it's only the in last 3 months I've found ones I can put on without complications
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: Actually I don't exagerate. It really only takes about 5 seconds, and that includes taking it out of the raper. Maybe 7 if you start with it on upside down. I use one every night and its never taken longer than that. And its never been as difficult as some of you make it out to be. I remember the first time I put one on, as it was only about a year ago, and it was no more difficult than it is right now.
    i only used a box of trojan 'her pleasure' condoms so far. the 'her pleasure' was raised lines near the base and my gf said they felt stupid. no breaks though. i want to try the ultra thin trojans. they are $3 for 3. anybody tried them? if so how were they and do you think it's worth it.
    Well for a buck a condom they better be excelent :\ I've not heard anything, though for some reason, the extra thin always kind of scare me.
    they're made of polyurethane instead of latex so they can be thinner and stronger. i'm asking because i'm going to see my gf for a month and neither of us drive and i will be stuck there and probably have few or no chances to go buy anything, especially condoms or lube. so i was planning to just buy a bunch and take them. i just don't wanna screw myself by getting a bunch of expensive crap condoms. hell, somebody is always home at her house, so we might not even get many chances to do anything anyway.