Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bump on the tongue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have this one little bump on my tongue. Its just a little dot and its white. Its amlost looks ilke if a taste bud got all big and swelled up but i'm pretty sure thats not it:p It doesn't itsself hurt, but since of the location it touches my m outh and teeth alot so that does hurt a bit. Any idear what this is. Am I dying :shocking:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always get that, like a little spot on your tounge. When i was little my mum used to say you get them when you tell lies :lol:
    \
    :blush: Ok, ok I actually have 27 accounts here, not just the one I said :crying:

Is that a canker sore? I'm not sure. I know I've had these before I'm just now cuiorus what it is.
    \
    my_name wrote:
    I have this one little bump on my tongue. Its just a little dot and its white. Its amlost looks ilke if a taste bud got all big and swelled up

i know exactly what you mean, but haven't a clue what they are. they're painful, but it's a weird sort of almost-pain that i can't really describe.

i bite them off. that's probably not the idea solution, but it works for me.
    Oh its gotten worse, looks like I have a damn giant zit on the tip of my tongue, I might have to end up trying the biting thing as from reading it looks like it will be another day or two before it goes away.
    I always get them when I'm run down. I take some vitamin supplements and they go away in like 2 days. They hurt like a mofo though. :(
    Its deffo an ulcer... it should go in a few days, or a week. And I used to get em- hurt like hell!!! I would recomend not biting it off though :crazyeyes
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'll agree with the ulcer thing. I get them once in a while, but I woulnd't call it "pain"; more like a big annoyance. Just wait a few days and it will disappear. But... biting? :shocking:
    I dontl ike the word ulcer, sounds like what you get in the stomache, never heard it used for anywhere/anything else :( But its nearly gone today. woo. (i type this like you care :p)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    I dontl ike the word ulcer, sounds like what you get in the stomache, never heard it used for anywhere/anything else :( But its nearly gone today. woo. (i type this like you care :p)
    Hey, I never say no to more gossip. :p
    yeh i had some sometimes like on my bottom lips or side of the mouth just dont aggrevate it hard in your case because you have to eat...well you don't but not recommended. I tried stabbing mine with a needle once....DO NOT DO IT!!