Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mystery of the munchies solved...

JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
Well sort of. Article outlining new research from the Guardian.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course why we have specific receptors for THC is another matter, interesting, we are only just begining to understand how the drug works and how it can be used.

I dont think it will be long before a wide range of cannabis based treatments will be available.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Interesting indeed. This will hopefully be useful.
  • Options
    Interesting...cannabis has so many good uses and potentially good uses that most people are unawares of.
  • Options
    i'm not going to click on the clicky thing.
    ther'll be no fucking mysteries left before long ...where will we find ourselves then?

every word you type every step you take ...watched ...listened to ...read.

am i getting paranoid?
    no.

just stop with the destroying of all the friggin mysteries!
  • Options
    dont be silly. solving mysteries will only lead to more.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    dont be silly. solving mysteries will only lead to more.
    well thats all right then.

if your right.

if your not ...and this carries on ...the world will become a sterile black and white print ...in the pound shop.
  • Options
    ah c'mon, people discoervin new things all the time, and everyone else asking why it happens or why it works. ther will allways be something to solve
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    ah c'mon, people discoervin new things all the time, and everyone else asking why it happens or why it works. ther will allways be something to solve
    i hope so!
  • Options
    watson ...pass me my syringe ...there are things to be solved.
  • Options
    dilbertgami029rp.gif
  • Options
    i'm not going to click on the clicky thing.
    ther'll be no fucking mysteries left before long ...where will we find ourselves then?

To paraphrase - even if we solve the whole universe there will still be the eternal mystery of the human heart.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    there will still be the eternal mystery of the human heart.
    where science and religion will hopefuly never meet.
    love compassion awe and hope ...
  • Options
    The marinol site explains alot about the wide range of uses for thc, its amazing.
  • Options
    The marinol site explains alot about the wide range of uses for thc, its amazing.
    You a Megadeth fan at all? Or is the name just coincidence?

welcome, anyway!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You a Megadeth fan at all? Or is the name just coincidence?

welcome, anyway!

Megadeth fan :D haha. KIMB is my favorite album for some reason
    thanks man!
  • Options
    Megadeth fan :D haha. KIMB is my favorite album for some reason
    thanks man!

Heh, I must admit... I love my original Peace Sells CD - although the Original's were shit quality! KIMB is a good album, as well.

But anyway, back on Topic... Yes, there are alot of Medical uses for THC - but no-one bothers it seems, presumably for the reason "Omg its cannabis" - and yet they use opiates?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Heh, I must admit... I love my original Peace Sells CD - although the Original's were shit quality! KIMB is a good album, as well.

But anyway, back on Topic... Yes, there are alot of Medical uses for THC - but no-one bothers it seems, presumably for the reason "Omg its cannabis" - and yet they use opiates?

haha yes, i have the original kimb.

That's an interesting point, I've never even thought about that. Opiates have a MUCH higher abuse potential, they're addictive, and they have killed! A little THC never hurt anyone.
  • Options
    any of you guys got steve vie playing with zappa ...bbc prodction to celbrate zaps life ...when he died ...
    i want it!
  • Options
    any of you guys got steve vie playing with zappa ...bbc prodction to celbrate zaps life ...when he died ...
    i want it!

not to keep on hijacking the thread but..
    hahaha, steve vai is so... flamboyent. He can play like hell though. I have some stuff with him and Frank, it's pretty good

On the album "Cheap Trick" he plays on We are not alone, You are what you is, and Zomby Woof
  • Options
    Yeah I read about this in New Scientist. A company called Sanofi-Aventis is developing a drug called Rimonabant, which blocks the cannabinoid receptors and reduces the appetite.

Apparently it may also be able to help combat other addictions apart from food:

"Rimonabant has also been successfully tested as an aid to quitting smoking and might even be useful in treating alcoholism and other addictions. In a world in which obesity, smoking and drug abuse are three of the biggest causes of premature death, that's a pretty impressive profile. No wonder many industry analysts are backing it to become the first blockbuster drug of the 21st century."

Interesting eh?!

Link: http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/mg18825291.700
  • Options
    One reason that we all get the munchies is that your body is trying to get rid of the toxins that you just placed in there, in this case by eating and drinking to get the toxins moving out faster.
  • Options
    One reason that we all get the munchies is that your body is trying to get rid of the toxins that you just placed in there, in this case by eating and drinking to get the toxins moving out faster.

What toxins? And why would eating get rid of them quicker?
  • Options
    The "toxins" are like the THC and other things that enter your body when you smoke. if you eat then it speeds up the flushing out of those what the body sees as toxins.
    just like what do people do if they need to drop for a drug test??.... they drink a lot of water to help flush the THC(body sees as toxins) out.
    Make anything a lil more clear?
  • Options
    You dont need to make yourself clear you just need to know that you are wrong

I see....
  • Options
    The "toxins" are like the THC and other things that enter your body when you smoke. if you eat then it speeds up the flushing out of those what the body sees as toxins.
    just like what do people do if they need to drop for a drug test??.... they drink a lot of water to help flush the THC(body sees as toxins) out.

Did you read the article LadyJade posted? You are pretty much wrong.

As for drug tests, I was always under the impression that drinking more water would dilute your urine & THC making it harder for the tests to pick it up
  • Options
    Not totally related, but I drank so much water for 2 days I peed clear and still tested positive and I hadn't smoked for about a week before. so the water thing is bogus. I was warned it was a dumb false idea but I thought I'd test it anyways.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Not totally related, but I drank so much water for 2 days I peed clear and still tested positive and I hadn't smoked for about a week before. so the water thing is bogus. I was warned it was a dumb false idea but I thought I'd test it anyways.

really? It's worked for me, though i'm not much of a smoker, i smoked once 2 days before
  • Options
    really? It's worked for me, though i'm not much of a smoker, i smoked once 2 days before

Was a time when I smoked couple times a day for couple years so I guess I just had some hiding, or maybe my water was spiked. :p
  • Options
    so thats why golden virginia is famous for giving you the munchies!
    idiot!