Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Henman knocked out AGAIN!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Really he should just give up ...

Crappy Henman
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the word retire springs to mind.

When Wimbledon comes round though everyone will believe he will win and he'll no doubt be a top seed. Dont even get me started on Henman Hill
    I like Henman...and i think he's good at his game, but there are just too many others better than him! :( ...it's just a shame every other country invests so much more in their up and coming stars than we do :banghead:
    film_buff wrote:
    I think the word retire springs to mind.

When Wimbledon comes round though everyone will believe he will win and he'll no doubt be a top seed. Dont even get me started on Henman Hill

Perhaps it will be Murray mount this year...everyone loves Andy Murray now :yes:
    Perhaps it will be Murray mount this year...everyone loves Andy Murray now :yes:

If i remember correctly last year it was called Murray Field for one game, im guessing it was Sue "i was crap at tennis" Barkers idea
    Murray Mount somehow gives off the wrong impression, don't you think? :p
    Hehe...as long as it doesn't hinder his game! :D
    It would be more interesting to see a thread 'Henman makes it through the first round!'

I loved when Andy Murray was being interviewed last year and one stupid reporter asked him, so what does it feel like to be England's next big tennis hope? To which he replied 'Well, I'm not actually English so I don't know how you figure that one out.' No doubt the England flags will once again be out in force when he plays at Wimbledon this year though.
    Henman's knocked out in the first round? So what?

Britain produces tennis players that cannot compete at the highest level because the organisation is rotten to the core. If your face doesn't fit- i.e. rich and white- then you will not get much help from the authorities in this country. Henman has a lot of natural talent, but he- like everyone else- gets stifled by the atrocious organisation in this country.

I'm actually sick of this bleating. Henman isn't good enough to win the top honours. He's a very capable tennis player, but he's not one of the world's best. Murray may have more chance because he was schooled in the US and in Spain, not in the UK. He may not be a world beater either. But is it his fault? Of course not.

Tennis, like golf, is the preserve of rich, middle-class fools. And whilst it is, the UK will not be successful. The FA is run by old duffers in suits, which is why we are still fifteen years behind the rest of the world in terms of youth development. Until Burton gets built we won't win the World Cup; until tennis is more inclusive, we won't win any major honours.
    Saying Henman should retire just because he doesn't win tournaments is ridiculous. Let him choose when to retire. Based on that logic mostly everyone outside the top 20 should retire...

Yes, he is a good player but he definitely isn't a great player. And no, he will not win Wimbledon. Ever. But for goodness sake, leave the bloke alone.
    Good and great are very relative terms.

Henman at one time was the 4th best tennis player in the universe (according to the rankings anyway).

I once played a guy that held 1 ATP ranking point in his entire career...he beat me 6-0 6-0 in 25 minutes.
    henman can still play better tennis than me, so i cant complain
    Henman is mediocre, good all round player but hasn't got anything brilliant.

Murray on the other hand seems to have a bit of real talent.
    Henman is just awful.
    Henman had a good head on him in the beginning but then cos of the media over hyping him, biggin' him up it seems that Henman himself believes his own hype. :chin: and that has gone to his head a lil'. Also he has had so much pressure on him the last few years i mean there was only him and Greg Ruseski representing great britain so obv. that was a lil pressure.

Although i don't like Henman much as a player, no-one can really blame him for not "winning". He...you know what? i can't be bothered :yuck: