Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pregnancy tests

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend of mine got tested in a clinic and we just picked up the results. Our question is, in a pregnancy test, what does " <1 " mean?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never heard that. Usually its a yes or no kind of thing. But as silence said, whydidn't you ask. Couldn't you call them up right now and ask? Maybe it means your friend i having less than one baby.
    my_name wrote:
    Maybe it means your friend i having less than one baby.

can u have a baby and a half? xD
    I would phone up the clinic or go back to see someone.
    Marishka wrote:
    can u have a baby and a half? xD
    Siamese twins ;)
    Wouldnt that be written as 1<>1 tho?
    Zella wrote:
    Wouldnt that be written as 1<>1 tho?

Hmmm... well that could just be written as its greater than one.

1<x>1 one is less than the number and the number is greater than one. THats just redundant.

All right, i knew one day i could do math and not use my fingers :p
    <1..... I read that as 'less than one'.... less than one baby? But that'd make no sense from a pregnancy test, it doesn't tell you how many bloody babies, just if there is one or not.

I'd personally read it as negative due to my ridiculous logic that anything less than one is a negative number (other than zero obviously, but even thats a negative result if your counting babies in a womb really) But yes, don't take my sugar infused ramblings.

Phone your clinic, or call back in. Did you not check the result until you had left or something?
    I'm sure if she was pregnant they would have sat down and informed her and maybe talk it over with her, well i'd like to hink thats what they would do anyway instead of just giving you a bit of paper if it came out positive.
    lol, i agree with nicx1811.

we only saw her results when we were home and it came in a closed envelope, I had to open it cause she was to "scared" and we ended up knowing the same :impissed:
    it would make things so much easier if they could put 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'
    Ballerina wrote:
    it would make things so much easier if they could put 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'

Yes, but then what would give them their sadistic little kicks?

*Sorry, in a mood with the medical profession as a whole* :shocking: