Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

how to find lab work / scientific jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im coming up to the end of my degree. when i finish i will have a bsc in environmental biology and i need to find a job.

what i really fancy doing is being a school lab technician, but im also thinking about lab work in general.

im having great fun trying to find many jobs advertised that are science based and was wondering if anyone knows of any websites or anything where these are advertised or have any ideas about how where i could find out about jobs

im going to book an appointment to see the uni carrears service when i have a chance but everythings a bit hectic at the mo with final year

thancks in advance for any help

mel

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I was looking for lab work on my GAP year I applied to about a dozen labs near to my home that I found on this website

This is just a big database of labs that employ students and graduates, it is not specifically saying they have any vacancies. I found it really helpful as I didn't even know that there were any labs where I lived at the time. I ended up being offered two jobs in the space of a week!
    job centre website. i found what you're looking for on there while looking for medical lab jobs
    back of the new scientist magazine?
    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk

Try this...their job search is quite good :yes:
    your uni can put you in touch with companies