Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Locked Out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
isnt it just the most anoying thing in the world, to be locked outside your own house! - for 8 hours grr.

i left my car keys inside thinking they were in my pocket, it also had the house keys in.

phoned everyone in my phone book and got a few people to come out. Had £6 in my pocket so spent that ten pin bowling - very random

so.. to turn this into a thread, whats the longest youve ever been locked out for, and what did you do to pass the time?

Comments

• Options
    DD.jpg
  • Options
    2 hours. I left my keys behind when I went to school and sat outside mooching about on my doorstep.

When I locked myself out as a youngster I used to be able to fit through the catflap. Ahahha
  • Options
    When I locked myself out when I was younger and just went round to Mums until Dad got home from work.

When I got locked out last year I went to the hall office and asked for the spare door card :D
  • Options
    My friend's house has got a dog flap for their bassett hounds, and she used to be able to get through it. She discovered that she could no longer get through it aged 14 and locked out. She got stuck and had to wait for someone to come home and help! hahahaha
  • Options
    My friend's house has got a dog flap for their bassett hounds, and she used to be able to get through it. She discovered that she could no longer get through it aged 14 and locked out. She got stuck and had to wait for someone to come home and help! hahahaha

Same here. Damn puberty and hips.
  • Options
    I've been locked out more times than I can count. Dunno how long the longest time was, maybe an hour. In the winter though, with no money, so I was FREEEEEEEEEZING.
  • Options
    I just scaled the wall and let myself in the back door. It was always open for the dog cause the wall was like 8ft high and had a locked gate.
  • Options
    anyway my serious answer to this thread now

ive never been locked out of my house because my keys are physically attached to the inside of my wallet and i never leave my house without it ;]
  • Options
    How did you lock the door in the first place of the house if you didn't have your keys with you?
  • Options
    I've never done it. But my mate did and had to climb though his upstairs window but got stuck 50/50 on the window sill swaying for a bit then getting inside!! lol. :D
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    How did you lock the door in the first place of the house if you didn't have your keys with you?

Some doors lock when you close them, without needing the key. Or if you had left the house but your parents were still inside, and they locked the door.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    When I forget my keys, and Dave isn't home when I get back.

Rare, but it is ALWAYS when I forget my keys that he isn't home.
  • Options
    Or if you had left the house but your parents were still inside, and they locked the door.

I do that to Ed when he is on the porch grilling food. Its funny... to me. Cuz I stand there and point and laugh.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    ive not locked myself out for ages, but my dad locked me in once! accidentally obviously. i couldnt get out to go to work, and have u tried to explain to work that you cant come in coz you are LOCKED IN your house! :lol: although i wasnt laughing at the time! i had to stand at the kitchen window and wait for my neighbour to come home so i could pass the keys through the window so he could let me out!! (didnt go to work though!! hehe!)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

latch doors will lock when you close them, and the key is required to turn the latch to unlock the door
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    ive not locked myself out for ages, but my dad locked me in once! accidentally obviously. i couldnt get out to go to work, and have u tried to explain to work that you cant come in coz you are LOCKED IN your house! :lol: although i wasnt laughing at the time! i had to stand at the kitchen window and wait for my neighbour to come home so i could pass the keys through the window so he could let me out!! (didnt go to work though!! hehe!)

:lol: I'm laughing with you not at you ;) I just got the image of a part of family guy with Peter in the car freaking out because he locked himself in and his keys were outside.
  • Options
    Some doors lock when you close them, without needing the key.

yep thats what happend. house was empty aswell because it was 10am and everyone was at work.. except for me.

normally i can grap the keys with this like 20ft pole in the garage, but this time my keys were upstairs and the pole couldnt quite reach that far!
  • Options
    If you can reach your keys that easily you should consider it a security risk and try to remedy it.
  • Options
    If you can reach your keys that easily you should consider it a security risk and try to remedy it.

manouvering a 20ft pole is not that easy belive me! and the keys are not visible even looking through the letter box, you have to know exactly where they are
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my_name wrote:
    :lol: I'm laughing with you not at you ;) I just got the image of a part of family guy with Peter in the car freaking out because he locked himself in and his keys were outside.
    just call me peter!! hehe! or i could be stewie?! lol. but it was definately an experience!
  • Options
    this side of never. I never forget my keys!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Locking myself out.. only done it.. about three times.
  • Options
    Me and my brother came back from school to realise we'd both forgotten our keys. So who had to climb over the house? Me of course...wonderful. I'm just glad we were looking after a dog for the week so we left the back door open.
  • Options
    I've had to climb up my conservatory, and spread my weight out across it to climb in my bedroom window which is always open before. Such a relief when you get in ;o
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I once had to climb onto a wheely bin, onto the garage, into the window. I was halfway in when the cops drove past and stared at us... and carried on. I mean, wtf? wtfff?

Good police.
  • Options
    Lets just say windows are a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:

you cant open the door from the inside then?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    you cant open the door from the inside then?
    not with a deadlocked latch
  • Options
    45 minutes and i didn't do anything except sit and wait for security to let me in - i was limited by the fact i ws in my pyjamas.
  • Options
    I got locked out the house for a couple of hours once... Had to wait on the back step till my mum got home cos I had the back door key but there were bolts on it (did attempt to undo the bolts via the cat-flap a few times but gave up). Wasn't till my mum got back I realised the backdoor key also opened the front door!!! :blush: What a bloody waste of two hours that was... and I was freezing!!! :banghead: