Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What looks bad on the opposite sex

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah man! That's one of my faves on a guy!!! :D

Ilora x

Suppose my main reason for dislike is because they would NOT suit my boyfriend, but, you know lads. They know best. ;)
  • Options
    I hate it when my boyfriend wears those dart player type tops...euurgh God they're just shitty wee see through white t shirts like the ones you wore for P.E...with stupid buttons, I want to take a pair of scissors to them everytime I'm at his house. I think they purposely crawl out from under the bed when I'm due for a visit...

*mumbles profanity*
  • Options
    Leggings.
  • Options
    bacon wrote:
    i'd expand that to include all the 80s cack.

seriously, don't you people have mirrors?!

Heh, definatly.

I saw crimped hair the other day.
  • Options
    on girls...

I hate those short skirt and tights things (both at the same time ;p), umm eyebrow piercing/lip/nose too (dont mind tongue piercing :p ). Any tatoos really (except those lower middle back ones, though nothing too blatent).

And yeah like has been said...hoop earings etc... oh and when their hair is like 'slicked' to their head lol, seems more of a chav thing though.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    nicx1811 wrote:
    For some reason I've never been too keen on ear piercing on lads, especially if it's both ears. But my boyfriend topped my distaste more by announcing he was going to get plugs in each ear :|
    the lad im seein has his ear pierced but i do actually really like it, it suits him, i wouldnt normally say this tho. i hate the whole 'old man thing' with socks and sandals! :no:
  • Options
    i'd say a bad look on girls is the whole dress like a boy thing.
    like the waistcoat, those things that are half trousers half shorts, and boots.
    Unless they are drop dead gorgeous no many can get away with it.
    Also buffons arent very attractive, it just looks like youve messed your hair up... :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Make-up and push-up bras most of all. Way too fancy earrings are annoying too, although rare, and I don't like seeing anything too shiny too. Other than that I can't say there's something that annoys me. Oh yes, and boots that are too high.
  • Options
    people who wear trousers that are too short for them. i guess this goes for both sexes really. it annoys me when jeans don't go around the shoe and just ruffle at the top of it.

I hate that too...i mean why cant they get a pair that fit!
    To coin my mum's phrase (oh dear what am i reduced to?!) It looks like they've divorced their ankles and married their kness! :yeees:
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Also buffons arent very attractive, it just looks like youve messed your hair up... :p

how about my dads xxl sweatshirts and jeans because i'm lazy and dont' care. just kidding as this wasn';t a post to bitch :p god i've lost my sense of humor too.
  • Options
    i hate on lads those awfull shirts with flames/ dragons on them and my mate wore 1 the other day with playing cards on it (duz he not have a mirror?)

pointy shoes

tshirts and scarves - why? if its cold enough for a scarf its cold enough for a jumper or even better wear a coat!

long hair on most men.

soverign rings,

most jewellry especially thick chains that just shout im compensating

tracksuits

nike springs / tn's

Burberry / paul and shark / lacost/ rockport

timberland boots - are you a builder?

puffa jackets - were wrong when you were 13 and are still wrong

waist coats unless your a butler

bomber jackets

shiney materials

ok il stop now, i could go on all day
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    i'm glad i'm not the only one who hates this new fashion. What's with the half trousers half shorts? They look like something sunday school boys wore in the 50s!
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:

long hair on most men.

I love you.
  • Options
    Right specific thing I hate on girls:

Hats (any type really), Suits (or anything masculine), Tatoos, thongs sticking over the tops of trousers, piercing other than ears (which are essential, by the way), too much make-up, knitted ponchos, being able to see underwear through clothes (especially when you're supposed to be able to), mini-skirts in freezing winter - theres nothing attractive about blue legs.

But its more about the right clothes on the right person. I hate tight jeans without the nice arse to go with it and cropped tops without the stomach to go with it are two of my pet hates.

Things I love on girls: girly rather than sexy underwear, (man city) football shirts that are too big worn as nighties, those dresses that are kind of floaty, but also cling to her body (you need an amazing body though), tight jeans on a nice arse.

On guys I'm not really too bothered because if they're crap dressers, then it's less competition. But I hate it when you can tell that an entire group of lads have all bought their clothes from the same shop (usually Burton or River Island). Any jewellery with the exception of a watch, especially that cheap crap you get from the aforementioned shops. Baseball caps with hoodies (what the hell is that about), tracksuits outside of the gym, overdesigned trainers, oh, and remember those cropped tops guys used to wear in the 80's when doing aerobics - them. And for a big list of things that guys shouldnt wear, just watch the first TV appearances of boyzone or take that. Hotpants, for God's sake! What were they thinking?

Oh, and for both sexes, a big no no is sunglasses when it's not sunny.
  • Options
    i always thought you was a girl!
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:
    tshirts and scarves - why? if its cold enough for a scarf its cold enough for a jumper or even better wear a coat!

:lol: yeh that aswell! i don't hate it, i just don't get it.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i always thought you was a girl!
    Because of my amazing insight into the female mind? Or did I just seem a bit girly? :blush:
  • Options
    Because of my amazing insight into the female mind? Or did I just seem a bit girly? :blush:
    the former ;)
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Whats a buffon?
  • Options
    might have spelt it wrongly but its when the hair is sort of fluffed up on the top at the front. i just think it looks like it hasnt been brushed properly
  • Options
    On boys, I hate one's that wear the t-shirt and scarf as if to exclaim some they're some sort of fashion gurus but are idiots who are freezing to death. Guys in pink shirts, just looks gay. Goths, anything goths wear, they look gay aswell. Silly grunger teens who wear hoodies that say "Slipknot" and "Blink 182" on them. Don't mind the general grunger look if done properly though.

On girls, nothing much in the clothes department but I generally prefer girls who don't wear much makeup and don't have lots of jewellry
  • Options
    Whats a buffon?
    "bouffant" - It's a form of hairstyle that requires a lot of back-combing :crazyeyes It's french - pronounced 'Boo-fon' ;)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Oh and another thing, anything a girl wears, where it's obvious she's trying to show off her body. I mentioned mini-skirt in winter before. Add to that low-cut tops with push up bras and tight pants with writing on the arse. I know you shouldn't judge people by just looking at them, but I just think 'attention seeker' and would never approach anyone dressed like that in a club or whatever. Every girl I've ever fancied has been a great dresser, because they don't show everything off straight away, and (rightly or wrongly) leave a bit to my imagination.
  • Options
    "bouffant" - It's a form of hairstyle that requires a lot of back-combing :crazyeyes It's french - pronounced 'Boo-fon' ;)

Ilora x
    Is it the same thing as a quiff? But you know those girls ones, not in the Morrissey style.
  • Options
    Is it the same thing as a quiff? But you know those girls ones, not in the Morrissey style.
    No, a quiff is a quiff and a bouffant is just that, a bouffant...
  • Options
    I hate when chavs tuck the bottoms of their tracksuit bottoms into their socks. I always used to think that was just something people did in the jungle to stop snakes going up their trouser legs.... and then I discovered Slough....

I love the way the vast majority of things anyone could wear short of tuxes and ballgowns has been covered on this thread!! :sigh: you can't win!!
  • Options
    No, a quiff is a quiff and a bouffant is just that, a bouffant...
    Oh lord. :|
  • Options
    I hate when chavs tuck the bottoms of their tracksuit bottoms into their socks. I always used to think that was just something people did in the jungle to stop snakes going up their trouser legs.... and then I discovered Slough....

I love the way the vast majority of things anyone could wear short of tuxes and ballgowns has been covered on this thread!! :sigh: you can't win!!
    Just goes to show that people's opinion differs so much!

And also that blokes will never win :D
  • Options
    Just goes to show that people's opinion differs so much!

And also that blokes will never win :D

Its like the age old question of so what do you think or does my bum look big in this, whatever why your boyfriend answers he can never win :D You have got to feel sorry for them, we make it so hard for them.
  • Options
    Yeah but then you look at some of them, and you really do wonder if they got dressed in the dark, poor things.