Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

NFL bets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who is everyone betting on for the super bowl teams?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I have no knowleage of super bowl at all, but my boyfriend does. Try looking on 121Sport.com my boyfriend says that they have a good board on there for the NFL. It might be worth a look.
  • Options
    FYI, its only but a few Americans on here. And everybody else severly lacks respect for football.

I however love the Packers. I always want them to win. However since that is not an option, I shall go for my hometeam of da bears.
  • Options
    I'm betting on the team of girls to beat that other team of pansies.

American Football is just rugby league for softies.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm betting on the team of girls to beat that other team of pansies.

American Football is just rugby league for softies.

You've never played or even understand football then, eh. And I'm sure if you look you could find an appropiate thread to put your whining bitchy self and complain about the opinions of it, not who is your team.
  • Options
    ahh, didn't relize there wasn't to many us'ers. My bad.
  • Options
    ahh, didn't relize there wasn't to many us'ers. My bad.

I think theres like 4 that actually post here, me, you, girlinthecurl and killingisbybiz or something.

So who is your team. I'm a football freak and I"ll talk with it to anybody Even if it is just you. ;)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    You've never played or even understand football then, eh.

Used to watch NFL Europe as a matter of fact, and did used to keep up with NFL when I had sky (way back when Green Bay beat the crap out of everyone), but lets not let that get in the way of you pointlessly carping.

You got the painters in or something?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I think theres like 4 that actually post here, me, you, girlinthecurl and killingisbybiz or something.

So who is your team. I'm a football freak and I"ll talk with it to anybody Even if it is just you. ;)

Pittsburgh, no doubt. I know they are doing kind of shitty this year, but if they keep playing how they have been, were deffinally going to the super bowl. Im hoping not agaisnt the colts, but still there is a strong chance.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You got the painters in or something?

LOL, I think that might be too much of an english expression...

As for US "Football" (a game played with hands, never have been too bright these yanks :p ), it's a little hard to get too worked up. I used to watch every Superbowl, when Denver turned up just to see who would beat them this year and I watched the last two. I just don't really care who wins.

Oh, and as usual I am going to rant about the "Wolrd Champions" claim which seems to be made every year. They aren't, it's a US only league so the winners are US Champions in the same way that the World Series Baseball isn't actually a "World" Series.

You want to be world champions then invite us all to play like we did for you in Football (the real sort)...

NB So long as Tampa Bay rake in the money for the Glazer family, I'm happy...
  • Options
    Oh if there is a god in this world, let him have one more season. Just one... and I mean one good one damnit

:heart:

Brett%20Favre.jpg
  • Options
    Brett Favre sucks :P

my team is new england but i have a feeling about Seattle this year for some reason, hope they dont win tho, bloke at work is a big seahawks fan,
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    Brett Favre sucks :P

I will hunt you down :mad:
    :p

My mom was born and raised in Wisconsin so I grew up a hardcore packer fan. Moms side of the family is your steryotypical cheesehead. Everybody owns a giant cheese hat. My uncle hunts and has a deer head mounted in his house. His entire basement is Packer paraphanila. He even has tv recorded videos of games way back from 84. Theres gotta be at least $60K+ of Packer shit he has bought in his basement. No joke. pretty much Favre is god :pPlus, hes quite sexy
  • Options
    well he's a bit of a legend, just green bay aint my team, but fair enough.

nowhere near as good as brady tho :P
  • Options
    I think my two favorite players of all time (nix Favre) though, have to be Gilbert Brown of the Packers and from da Bears... the fridge. What defence ;)
    How can you not love a garganchuan man in spandex
  • Options
    when i first started watching it was all about the bears, i was a bills fan back then tho.

i also have a soft spot for the browns, cos ive been there.
  • Options
    Way back when with the bears? I remember that. I actually severly dislike them as they are a rival, but growing up in Minnesota a Wisconsin fan, you take a different look at things. There are 2 good teams, eh. The packers and whoever is playing the vickings ;) And since its over for the packers the next best team, in this cirmstance is the bears. Therefore, by the logic of the enemey of an enemy is a friend, I shall cheer for them.

Anyway, have the man not being a football fan anyways, and I a freak I guess I ramble here because I have nobody to discuss it with :p
  • Options
    back in the late 80s, think the bears won like 5 division championships in a row or something, they were awesome.

we generally have a nice party every year for the superbowl, few friends, lot of beer and snacks and just hang out, always great fun.

i dont understand why more brits dont watch NFL, its more entertaining than rugby, golf, darts, cricket etc..
  • Options
    I do enjoy it also. Having a superbowl party is always grand. I also like the commercials they play :p Or used to at least, they keep getting worse every year. They used to have some great ones. Budweiser had excelent commercials. waaaazzzzup, the frogs, the lizzards... Bad beer, good advertisements.
  • Options
    its just all round entertainment the superbowl, its hard not to enjoy yourself. just a balls its a sunday so i always have to book the monday off due to time differences.
  • Options
    The enemy of your enemy is your friends. Packers get a pretty good draft pick next season. The bears may have lost last sunday but the vickings still suck ;)
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i dont understand why more brits dont watch NFL, its more entertaining than rugby, golf, darts, cricket etc..
    I don't watch it because I think it's shit.
    Whats with all that padding?? Can't they handle a good tackle?? Whats with the game stopping every 2 minutes?? Whats with having 2 different teams on the same side?? Whats with some games lasting 5hrs of stop start stop start stop start??

Sorry the games just not for me and it certainly ain't football. :)
  • Options
    I don't watch it because I think it's shit.
    Whats with all that padding?? Can't they handle a good tackle?? Whats with the game stopping every 2 minutes?? Whats with having 2 different teams on the same side?? Whats with some games lasting 5hrs of stop start stop start stop start??

Sorry the games just not for me and it certainly ain't football. :)

Um, whats with you not reading the first couple posts about fiding your own thread to bitch about and not in one where people are interested?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Um, whats with you not reading the first couple posts about fiding your own thread to bitch about and not in one where people are interested?
    I did read it thank you, I also read someone writing "I wonder why more brits don't watch it" so I answered why me as a brit doesn't watch it, k.