Home Politics and Debate
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

can a economy only cater for the wealthy

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm alright and fuck the rest eh klintock?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm alright and fuck the rest eh klintock?

    I'm alright, it's my responsibility to make sure I'm alright. Why aren't you looking out for yourself like I am?

    Once I am alright (which i can only achieve by working productively for and with others by the way) then we can see about helping someone else. It;'s hard if not impossible to help others when you need help yourself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The point is klintock, that some people aren't capable of looking out for themselves. I don't want to live in a society where everyone is only out for themselves. You do. That's why you're a cunt and I'm not.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Almost. Close.

    Just one that respects other people's right to do whatever they want provided they don't injure me or anyone else doing it.

    That doesn't mean you can rope me into schemes to help those I don't give two shits about however.

    But everything has a consequence...

    E.g. blagsta has a gun shop selling ok guns for the anarchists to perform hostile takeovers with (somethign along those lines)... then you decide to make a gunshop too, that happens to sell higher quality guns, and you decide that you can afford to sell them cheaper... that would 'injure' blagsta... how could we ever be in a situation where ppl can do what they want and not hurt others? (the hurting others being inadvertant)..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The point is klintock, that some people aren't capable of looking out for themselves

    Like who, exactly. Give me an example.
    I don't want to live in a society where everyone is only out for themselves

    Tough shit, that's the way it is, that's the way it always will be. Even your desire for everyone looking out for each other (a desire which I share but am not daft enough to think can happen) is only because it will benefit you and yours in the long run. in fact, it's only because of the feelings that you will get that you do anything.
    That's why you're a cunt and I'm not.

    I'm just self aware mate. I can be a cunt, but I am not usually.
    E.g. blagsta has a gun shop selling ok guns for the anarchists to perform hostile takeovers with (somethign along those lines)... then you decide to make a gunshop too, that happens to sell higher quality guns, and you decide that you can afford to sell them cheaper... that would 'injure' blagsta... how could we ever be in a situation where ppl can do what they want and not hurt others? (the hurting others being inadvertant)..

    It doesn't injure Blagsta to have to come up with better quality products to retain his market. Even if it did, which I don't accept, it benefits everyone else and so Blagsta's own position should see him "taking one for the team."
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Like who, exactly. Give me an example.

    Children, old people, ill people, the mentally ill, people with alcohol problems, people with drug problems, plenty of people.
    klintock wrote:
    Tough shit, that's the way it is, that's the way it always will be. Even your desire for everyone looking out for each other (a desire which I share but am not daft enough to think can happen) is only because it will benefit you and yours in the long run. in fact, it's only because of the feelings that you will get that you do anything.

    I pity you. :(
    klintock wrote:
    I'm just self aware mate. I can be a cunt, but I am not usually.

    You appear to have all the empathy of an amoeba.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesn't injure Blagsta to have to come up with better quality products to retain his market. Even if it did, which I don't accept, it benefits everyone else and so Blagsta's own position should see him "taking one for the team."

    What is he doesn't want to work harder? He mightve been happy producing what he was producing, in the way he was producing them --- his customers might've even been happy..

    By opening up a shop you would have fucked him right over :P

    *Edit* oh..taking one for the team ic :P ...Just like Iraq took one for the team for america to get some oil? :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Children, old people, ill people, the mentally ill, people with alcohol problems, people with drug problems, plenty of people.

    All those people can do things, even the mentally ill.

    If you get old without sensibly looking after your future..well, that can I say?
    I pity you. :(

    Why? To be fair, I feel sorry for you if it comes to it, you seem so angry and powerless.
    You appear to have all the empathy of an amoeba.

    So does everyone else, you just aren't looking at it right.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    All those people can do things, even the mentally ill.

    Yep, no empathy at all.
    klintock wrote:
    If you get old without sensibly looking after your future..well, that can I say?

    No understanding of life either.
    klintock wrote:
    Why? To be fair, I feel sorry for you if it comes to it, you seem so angry and powerless.

    I'm fine thanks. You're the one that sees people in terms of what you can get from them. From what you post on here, I'd guess you're either Aspergers or a sociopath. Not that you'd recognise that or admit it.
    klintock wrote:
    So does everyone else, you just aren't looking at it right.

    A sociopath I reckon.



    Why do I get drawn into debates with an obvious nutter

    *kicks self*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just lacking empathy not a nutter..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What is he doesn't want to work harder? He mightve been happy producing what he was producing, in the way he was producing them --- his customers might've even been happy..

    He doesn't want to work harder? Well, that's nice. I don't want to do a lot of the things that I have to do but that's life.

    If his customers weren't happy, they wouldn't have left. Those people who move do so voluntarily, there is no force involved. they decide who has the better product of their own free will. Who are you to tell them they are wrong?
    By opening up a shop you would have fucked him right over :P

    By opening up a shop I seek to serve customers and make myself a living. All I have done is offer people a choice. If they pick me, then fair enough, if they don't then fair enough. It's up to me in this situation to give people what they want at a price they are happy with. It's individuals choices that make the whole thing work.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm fine thanks. You're the one that sees people in terms of what you can get from them. From what you post on here, I'd guess you're either Aspergers or a sociopath. Not that you'd recognise that or admit it.

    So do you. So does everyone. Like I said before you do everything because of the way it will make you feel. Prove me wrong please, if you can.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    By opening up a shop I seek to serve customers and make myself a living. All I have done is offer people a choice. If they pick me, then fair enough, if they don't then fair enough. It's up to me in this situation to give people what they want at a price they are happy with. It's individuals choices that make the whole thing work.

    That is more sensibly put-- i'm not disagreeing with you, competition is healthy but to expect someone elses innocent actions to never have a derogatory effect on you seems far fetched...
    Like I said before you do everything because of the way it will make you feel. Prove me wrong please, if you can.

    Heh that really made me think (i know it wasnt directed at me)...i spose that is true on a level.

    Anyway...as for the thing saying everyone should fend for themselves, you really need to see other peoples situations, everyone wants to be able to fend for themselves but certain people will be in situations where they cant find the motivation or strength to do what needs to be done...

    Saying 'thats life' is pretty selfish... maybe you have worked hard for what you have, and gotten ureself where u wanta be, but everyone is in different circumstances, most of which they have no control over...it isn't as easy as you make out :/
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That is more sensibly put-- i'm not disagreeing with you, competition is healthy but to expect someone elses innocent actions to never have a derogatory effect on you seems far fetched...

    Of course they will, if you want to look at it like that. It will also benefit a lot of people, and there are always more things to be doing.
    Anyway...as for the thing saying everyone should fend for themselves, you really need to see other peoples situations, everyone wants to be able to fend for themselves but certain people will be in situations where they cant find the motivation or strength to do what needs to be done...

    You fend for yourself best by teaming with others. I am admittedly as selfish as hell, I just am reasonably intelligent about it. Your right, sometimes people don't know how to find the strength or motivation, why is this my problem unless I decide I want it to be?
    Saying 'thats life' is pretty selfish... maybe you have worked hard for what you have, and gotten ureself where u wanta be, but everyone is in different circumstances, most of which they have no control over...it isn't as easy as you make out :/

    Have you ever heard the story of Col. Sanders? (yeah the KFC guy)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't, no ...

    And as for the strength/motivation thing ... Why shouldn't the people who have been lucky enough to have it easy not help those who havent?

    I'm not saying it's your problem, but maybe it should be... You might realise this when something shit happens to someone you know :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't, no ...
    And as for the strength/motivation thing ... Why shouldn't the people who have been lucky enough to have it easy not help those who havent?

    I don't know. Why wouldn't they?

    Of course the normal system of ME - FAMILY - FRIENDS - EVERYBODY ELSE would come into play more than likely, but if that's what people choose to do, how can you say they are wrong?
    I'm not saying it's your problem, but maybe it should be... You might realise this when something shit happens to someone you know :p

    Why do you assume that shit things haven't happened to me and the people I choose to spend my time with?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you assume that shit things haven't happened to me and the people I choose to spend my time with?

    Because you give the impression that once you are sorted, everything is ok...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because you give the impression that once you are sorted, everything is ok...

    No, it's not possible to make everything ok.

    Problems are always there.

    I have my problems, you have yours. Where they coincide we can come to agreements voluntarily for both our benefits. Why wouldn't we? If person x try to force me to do things I don't want to, it's obvious that my self interest lies in removing person x from the equation.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i find it strange that blagsta actualy believes that there is a free market in operation. :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i find it strange that blagsta actualy believes that there is a free market in operation. :chin:

    I don't. Where have I said that I do? :confused::confused: I wish you'd learn to read properly, it might save us a few arguments.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    I don't. Where have I said that I do? :confused::confused: I wish you'd learn to read properly, it might save us a few arguments.
    your answers ...

    A free market economy only caters to the wealthy.

    In a free market economy how do poor people get access to decent housing? To healthcare? To social care?

    So the lack of affordable housing in London has nothing to do with free market policies then?

    or is iy a case of me misunderstanding again?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your answers ...

    A free market economy only caters to the wealthy.

    In a free market economy how do poor people get access to decent housing? To healthcare? To social care?

    So the lack of affordable housing in London has nothing to do with free market policies then?

    or is iy a case of me misunderstanding again?

    We have some free market policies, yes. But we don't live in a total free market as we still have (some) council housing, NHS etc. Although more and more of these are being sold off into private hands so we are moving more and more towards a free market. OK?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We have some free market policies, yes. But we don't live in a total free market as we still have (some) council housing, NHS etc. Although more and more of these are being sold off into private hands so we are moving more and more towards a free market. OK?

    I thought they were being sold to "private" firms that are registered with the government? i.e. ones that follow the law and are therefore government run?
Sign In or Register to comment.