Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

valentines gift

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

Basically as Valentines day is coming up (well not too far away) i was wondering what i could get my boyfriend. We have only been going out for 4 weeks and it is a long distancething so i don't really know that much about things he likes. Any ideas? i don't want anything really soppy at this point so i was thinking maybe a chain(every guy wears chains around their neck right).

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    chains are a bit chavvy in my opinion, but if thats something he'd like go for it.

i'd suggest a crate of lager (make sure they are the 500ml cans, dont be a cheapskate and get the small ones) and a big family sized bag of skittles, but thats me
  • Options
    becky4131 wrote:
    (every guy wears chains around their neck right).

don't think i know any lad that wears a chain around their neck, thankgod!

why not take him out for a nice meal next time you see him? or just write him a nice card.
  • Options
    yep don't know any guys that wear a chain either...
    I personaly wouldn't wear any either...
    if he is a smoker sometimes lighter or ashtray are good and you can get some
    cool one which are too expensive either...
    if he is not, well... maybe a cool tee-shirt or something, depending on his style obviously...
    if he is a music fan cd or dvd pften do it...
    It's a man so I would say keep it simple...
    At the end of that day, all he'll probably need to be happy is some good sex anyway ;-)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I would've thought that a chain was a bit much considering you have only been going out for 4 weeks. Something small like a cuddly toy or paying for the cinema etc would probably suffice.
  • Options
    Ok thanks guys, gone off the idea of a chain now lol

At the moment thinking that a cd, dvd or i thought the lighter idea was fab.

Have to shop around to see what i can find.
  • Options
    if you've only been seeing each other for 4 weeks i'd say a DVD or CD he's been after.
    chains are a bit chavvy in my opinion
    I'd say gold chains are abit chavvy along with lots of gold rings. but silver chain i'd say is ok. i know a few guys (myself included) that wear silver one. mine was given to me by one of my sisters. but dont wear it all the time
  • Options
    Why don't you just get him a CD or DVD or something?

I have ordered my boyfriend a myth and magic dragon thing for Valintines day, he collects them you see. Also it had a heart stone on it, its called "dragons heart" very appropriate for Valinitens day.