Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

another teacher has died

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
aparrantly at school today a history teacher had to be taken to hospital and has died. think it was a heart attack because he was massive.
thats the 2nd teacher in just over a year thats collasped during school and died of a heart attack :(

Comments

• Options
    Oh, that's terrible.

The only school-related thing I can come up with is the piano smashing prior to a play we were performing (that's what I call an omen :p). We were all scared to death.
  • Options
    We had a student die on us once. No one knows why, she got up for something, and just dropped and died. Her heart just stopped. No illnesses, Apparently it's not unheard of. Creepy though. (And she was a lovely girl, it did all devastate us a bit... :( )
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    We had a student die on us once. No one knows why, she got up for something, and just dropped and died. Her heart just stopped. No illnesses, Apparently it's not unheard of. bloody creepy though!
    sudden death syndrome
  • Options
    Yeah thats the one.
  • Options
    There was a boy in the year above me who died like that. He got up one morning was about to brush his teeth and just died.

Then theres the romour of the girl who got so stressed out by her exams she stuck a pensil up her nose then rammed it into her brain during her first exam...not sure how true it is tho or if its just one of those stories that goes round all schools to scare people about to do their GCSE's
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Then theres the romour of the girl who got so stressed out by her exams she stuck a pensil up her nose then rammed it into her brain during her first exam...not sure how true it is tho or if its just one of those stories that goes round all schools to scare people about to do their GCSE's

We had the story of the girl who'dworked so hard for the whole of year 10 and 11 and then collapsed before exams and couldn't sit them and failed all her GCSE's. Obviously, the upper sixth started spreading that one around after we'd all got overworked with coursework. It was complete bollocks, of course.
  • Options
    interesting. although i don't see how its any different than anybody else dying :confused:
  • Options
    I know, when it's your time to go, you go.

I'm so sick though, I had to giggle at the guy who died by brushing his teeth. :blush:
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Ithe guy who died by brushing his teeth. :blush:
    :eek2:
  • Options
    We had a teacher who was trying to push a rubber bung into a test tube, but it broke and the glass went through her hand and damaged her nerves. But i'm not cool enough to know anyone that's died.
  • Options
    A window fell on a teacher's hand once. Came down like a guillotine and severed the nerves in her index finger.
  • Options
    My French teacher, Mr Fenton died on holiday in France in the summer between my years 10 and 11. He drowned trying to save his foster daughter who was in trouble in the water, she survived but he didn't.
  • Options
    I never had known a teacher die, although I do know of a couple that had nervous breakdowns and had to leave.
  • Options
    One of our teachers in school died over the summer once. She was really cool :(.

Also, my first headteacher made himself almost deaf in one ear by banging a piece of wood against another RIGHT NEXT TO HIS EAR (have to get that bit in), and it did something to the inside. Not sure what like. He had to resign ;(.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    There was a boy in the year above me who died like that. He got up one morning was about to brush his teeth and just died.

We had that one too, I believed it till just now! Just shows how thick I am I suppose! :banghead:
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    One of our teachers in school died over the summer once. She was really cool :(.

Also, my first headteacher made himself almost deaf in one ear by banging a piece of wood against another RIGHT NEXT TO HIS EAR (have to get that bit in), and it did something to the inside. Not sure what like. He had to resign ;(.

One of the bully girls in my class slapped a boy on the ear with such force that it burst his eardrum! Oh and a stupid twat boy put acid in his eye in chemistry so that he could get out of the lesson. Turned out to be a bit more serious than that.
  • Options
    One of the bully girls in my class slapped a boy on the ear with such force that it burst his eardrum! Oh and a stupid twat boy put acid in his eye in chemistry so that he could get out of the lesson. Turned out to be a bit more serious than that.
    Omg what an idiot :|.

I don't think my teacher (who, incidentally was THE coolest teacher I ever had) meant to hit the bit of wood so hard. It was a shame he resigned, I missed him.

He did come back on our last day when we moved though :D.
  • Options
    He was a twat. He was one of the rugby team who came back from the Italy trip with half an eyebrow.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My sisters-boyfriends-sister died suddenly in her sleep a few years ago. She was only 13. They couldn't determine why. Strange.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    He was a twat. He was one of the rugby team who came back from the Italy trip with half an eyebrow.
    :lol:
  • Options
    This wasn't exactly serious but funny none the less...one of the boys in my class stuck his finger in the scissor holder during a boring bit of maths...his finger got stuck and he was taken off to the CDT department to have it cut off (the scissor holder, not his finger! :D )

On a more serious note, a couple of years ago my old form tutor's 7 year old daughter died quite suddenly from some sort of cardiac damage that the post mortem was only able to attribute to the common flu virus! Apparently she came into her parents bed to say she did not feel well and just collapsed...it's just so tragic :crying:
  • Options
    There were actually a few students in my school who died while I was there.
    One girl who I'd been to school with all my life died from solvent abuse aged 15, a boy in my year fell from a tree and was crushed by the branch in year 8, and two girls in the year below died, one from cancer and on in a car crash. All really sad.
  • Options
    This wasn't exactly serious but funny none the less...one of the boys in my class stuck his finger in the scissor holder during a boring bit of maths...his finger got stuck and he was taken off to the CDT department to have it cut off (the scissor holder, not his finger! :D )

That reminds me of the day at school I wondered what would happen if tried to put a staple in my thumb. :crying: I was only 7, and it hurt, the school secretary had to drive me to the hospital. :o
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    That reminds me of the day at school I wondered what would happen if tried to put a staple in my thumb. :crying: I was only 7, and it hurt, the school secretary had to drive me to the hospital. :o

:eek: One of the little kids i was at infant school with decided to find out what would happen if he put his finger in one of those pencil sharpeners, that all the teacher used to have, where you used to turn the handle to sharpen the pencil...needless to say he also needed a trip to A&E.

Though i'm not much better cos i had a toy sewing machine when i was little, with a real needle i (how dull are the toy manufacturers?!) I wondered what would happen if i wound the needle all the way down, i wanted to know if it would actually penetrate my nail...needless to say it did, and it hurt like hell :crying:
  • Options
    I did that once....sort of, I didnt mean to it just happened. I was sewing away doing really well, keeping the hems straight and everything, then the next thing I knew I was sewed to the pillow case and screaming to the teacher. She didnt know what had happened and told me of for making to much noise. Even the boy next to me didnt look up:(
  • Options
    There were actually a few students in my school who died while I was there.
    One girl who I'd been to school with all my life died from solvent abuse aged 15, a boy in my year fell from a tree and was crushed by the branch in year 8, and two girls in the year below died, one from cancer and on in a car crash. All really sad.

That's a lot of deaths :(

In my time at school, only one girl has died. She was a few years above me and died while on a school trip (to the otherside of the world) and fell off a mountain to her death. I didn't know her whatsoever, barely even seen her around. But still really sad. It must have been about five years ago now.
  • Options
    My school has about one mortality each year. Since I've been there:

last year, a boy got 'squished' on his moped (I say this, because he was hit side on and then into a van) :(

year before that, that kid got stabbed (remember the one who apparently got killed because of a game? stephan. didnt really know him though)

year before that I think we were ok... I cant remember

I know the year before that a girl got knocked over by a car, and the year before that was another girl (they've put traffic calming measures in place now).

When you consider its a school of about 800 students, 1 death per year is quite high!
  • Options
    My old form teacher and her husband died in the Tsunami :( well, they were never found so its more than likely. They were on holiday there for Christmas.

I had her all through secondary school, for five years and she was absolutely lovely. She always used to listen to the girls problems and stuff she was a bit like a mum but at school! I was so sad when I found out.
  • Options

When you consider its a school of about 800 students, 1 death per year is quite high!

blimey that is a lot.

Just one person at my school has died, and about 1,200 students in the school in any academic year. I've been there for like seven years! We have a really low deathrate around here..I hope.
  • Options
    A dwarf who i'd gone to primary and secondry school with commited suicide when she was 16, and when I was 15 there was outbreak of meningitis at our school and one of mates younger brothers died. The same year one of my sisters friends topped herself in the woods with a rope.

Since leaving school 4 of my mates have died, 3 in seperate car accidents and one from solvents.

Pretty grim really.
    Weekender Offender