Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What looks bad on the opposite sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I guess I was just looking at the mens fashion thread and started thinking to myself, well this, this and this looks extremly vomit worthy on men... So I thought I'd ask, honestly, what do men see women wearing often that looks hideous and what do women find men wearing that looks gross?

To answer my own question, on men, flared jeans, tight jeans, naval, tongue, eyebrow piercings (unless you are honestly gay) tight shirts, ripped jeans, long hair, "emo" hair, eyeliner...

And edit, I just wanted this to be fun, no, bt omigd i wer tht!!!!111!! getting mad thing going on.

Comments

• Options
    large gold hoopy earings :yuck:
  • Options
    patterned designer denim! soooo wrong.
  • Options
    And hawian shirts, and any loud shirt really especially ones with a dragon on them. Large Logo across your butt/chest/anywhere. Comedy ties. Shorts.

Good thread!
  • Options
    gold earrings eyebrow piercings, tracksuits or jogging bottoms, pastel sweaters, tapered jeans.
  • Options
    Novelty ties
    novelty socks
    sandals with socks
    sandals full stop unless they're the sports kind
    Shorts worn with any kind of footwear plus SOCKS!
    brown nylon trousers
    zip up cardigans
    "amusing" slippers like monster feet and the like
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    and any loud shirt really especially ones with a dragon on them.!

:(

I love them shirts.
  • Options
    i like loads of the things my-name doesnt.
    At least i know shes not gonna come and steal my boyfriends at any point :P
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    And hawian shirts

:heart:

If it's right shirt on the right man it's my favourite thing, ever.

I hate pale yellow polo shirts, blazers with jeans :yuck: and those pointy lace-up shoes I've started seeing everywhere for men.
  • Options
    Men in pink, its so wrong on so many levels
  • Options
    burberry :yuck:
    i have an uncle to wears sandals with socks all the time and it looks ridiculous
    the only thing i can't really stand is the whole urban look
    there is however this 6th former at my school who tries to be goth, but he has really badly dyed black greasy hair, and he once wore this cloak that looked like it came out of a cracker
    the whole OTT wanna be goth/emo is an awful look too

one thing i can't stand on other girls is when they wear too tight jeans so they have their love handles spilling over the sides, it just makes me want to yank their tops down for them
    the barbie doll look is another one of my pet hates.
    theres actually more stuff i can't stand on girl than guys
  • Options
    on guys i dislike:

combat trousers
    sports clothes
    anything moshery/gothic
    rockports and sport trainers
    hawian shirts
    shirts with writing/dragons on them
    skinny jeans
    leather jackets
    bead necklace
  • Options
    On men - sandals, blue/white checked shirts (the ones you see practically every guy wearing when out clubbing) denim jackets, hawaiian shirts, skinny fit tees, football shirts, shorts, polo shirts.

On Women - gold hoop earrings, jeans AND denim jacket together, tracksuits, football shirts, skinny tee's on women not so skinny - so you see their flabby tummy and belly button through the tee. :lol:
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Have to argue there.
    Well dont. Cos you'll loose
  • Options
    the metrosexual look: pink polo shirts, those pre-distressed tees, tight jumpers, the trainers with really thin soles, fashion mullets, fauxhawks, weird coloured hair chunks.

fishnet anything, those coloured shirts with the white collar and cuffs (why???!?!), peaked beanies, girly sunglasses, patterned denim, cream jeans, white jeans, tight jeans, pre-distressed jeans.

eyeliner, nail varnish, mid-length hair (long hair looks fab on some people, but only if it's really quite long, one length, NOT straightened and in amazing condition), sovereign rings, those initial rings, diamonds in any form, earrings in any form, eyebrow or nostril piercings.

i'll stop there, but i could go on....
  • Options
    are any men going to have some input here?
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the metrosexual look either, eyeliner, nail varnish, chunky gold sovereign rings or initial rings, novelty socks/ties etc, burberry, the whole socks and sandel. Would have to agree with most things that others had mentioned.

Jeans are more tricky, I agree blue is the only colour, but most jeans you find in shops are at least slightly pre-distressed, but I don't like the ones with rips/holes where you can see the skin.

Some rings or necklaces do look good on certain people, but I think silver is a better colour, diamonds on men don't really work in my opinion on men and earings are a no for me.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :(

I love them shirts.

Well you're either the exception that proves the rule, or... not! :)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    the metrosexual look: pink polo shirts, those pre-distressed tees, tight jumpers, the trainers with really thin soles, fashion mullets, fauxhawks, weird coloured hair chunks.
    i like guys who dress like that :heart:
  • Options
    I was going to join in this discussion but my pet hates in men's fashion have pretty much been covered...

"the metrosexual look: pink polo shirts, those pre-distressed tees, tight jumpers, the trainers with really thin soles, fashion mullets, fauxhawks, weird coloured hair chunks" - eugh. Euuuuugh!!

and my all-time most-hated...
    "those coloured shirts with the white collar and cuffs (why???!?!)". What on earth, exactly, is the point?!

On women I think combat trousers worn with high-heeled shoes looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm also not a fan of those velour tracksuits that seem to be worn by most chavvy celebrities :yuck:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    are any men going to have some input here?

I'll elaborate on earlier :lol:

ermm...

anything chavy, sports clothes on people who blatently dont do any sports, baseball caps... those horrible skirts that have extra kind of bits on them... *googles* ah yeh, ra-ra skirts are horrid. demin jeans & jacket (good spot Ilora-Danon :p). oh, and ponchos! & berets...

yeh that'll do for now I suppose
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    fashion mullets,....

Can those two words be in the same sentence?
    I dont know what I'd do if I saw one of those :p
  • Options
    For some reason I've never been too keen on ear piercing on lads, especially if it's both ears. But my boyfriend topped my distaste more by announcing he was going to get plugs in each ear :|

Now I have nothing against people with plugs. I just personally don't like them. Especially not on my boyfriend. Luckily, he has yet to go through with it, after I explained he'd have nice streched earlobes, and he'd have to clean the new piercing morning and night (he's lazy/forgetful)
  • Options
    What i dont like on girls:

Big gold hooped earring
    Make up overload (this has to be a sin)
    Tacky tatoos especially on an arm

actually cant think of much more right now

Why dont you girls like polo shirts? Theres nothing wrong with a nice polo shirt, infact i've got a black one on now
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    For some reason I've never been too keen on ear piercing on lads, especially if it's both ears. But my boyfriend topped my distaste more by announcing he was going to get plugs in each ear :|

Now I have nothing against people with plugs. I just personally don't like them. Especially not on my boyfriend. Luckily, he has yet to go through with it, after I explained he'd have nice streched earlobes, and he'd have to clean the new piercing morning and night (he's lazy/forgetful)
    Ah man! That's one of my faves on a guy!!! :D

Ilora x
  • Options
    what i dont like on girls...

tshirts/ underwear that has disney things or anything cartooney and childish

like 3/4 length tights - i dont see the point, but im slowly liking them more as im getting used to most girls wearing them

massive skirts that come down to the ankles with flowers and stuff on

and (only seen it once or twice) but light haired people with their hair braided at the side....

only my subjective opionion remember
  • Options
    people who wear trousers that are too short for them. i guess this goes for both sexes really. it annoys me when jeans don't go around the shoe and just ruffle at the top of it.

i like polo shirts on lads!

don't think i really have any specific dislikes that i can think of atm.
  • Options
    On blokes:

Gold knuckleduster rings, bracelets..I just dont get them, gold chains, any type of chunky jewellary I guess, those god-awful dragon tshirts or the gimpy flame ones, those hentai-ish tshirts usually worn by dorks :grump: errm designer jeans with patterns going up the leg, tracksuits, baseball caps.

On laydeez:

Anything that looks totally mass produced. Its hard to describe but you must have seen the tacky cheapness of some things.., Trousers with words like JUICY written across the arse, chavvy jewellary, plastic shit jewellary, overly grungerish, shag bands, those shoes that actually point upwards at the toes..creepy.
  • Options
    too much makeup, slapper-like clothes, hooped earrings. anything tacky really.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:

I'd much rather go out with a guy with plugs than a guy with both ears pierced! I suppose ear piercings arent too bad, as long as they don't wear diamond studs in them a la David Beckham :yuck:

On lads I don't like...tracksuit pants when worn with rockports/lacoste, stupidly skinny jeans (im not bothered about skinny jeans, i mean when they wear girls sizes) shiny shirts, oh and those wannabe moshers that wear tops with tribal symbols on them. erm I think thats it.

Girls...sovereign rings, multiple gold chains, those massively wide belts over long jumpers, that just seem to randomly be there in the middle of their waist...I dunno. Im better at thinking what I do like.
  • Options
    What Kaffrin said :thumb:

Plus, its not clothes but i hate it when men (normally with blonde highlights which is just wrong anyway) seem to think it looks good to have a side parting, flatten the front section of hair and then spike up the back, normally sweeping to one direction......

:|