Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Growing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i havn't really grown as in height wise in like the last year or two and im 16. Is this normal? Is there anything i can do to kind of help me grow like sleep more etc because i dont want any of these fake pills!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We usually don't finish growing until our late teens, early 20's, so keep your fingers crossed.

However, nothing will make you taller. You will be the height you're meant to be - no pills can make you grow, no matter how much bullcrap they tell you.

Ilora x
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    We usually don't finish growing until our late teens, early 20's, so keep your fingers crossed.

However, nothing will make you taller. You will be the height you're meant to be - no pills can make you grow, no matter how much bullcrap they tell you.

Ilora x
    Though someone had told me they ended up shorter than they were supposed to be because of some infection or disease... I don't remember exactly, but they had something that stopped their growth.
    niteryder wrote:
    i havn't really grown as in height wise in like the last year or two and im 16. Is this normal?

yeah, it can be. i'm only an inch taller now than i was when i was 11. and that inch happened REALLY gradually, so i barely even noticed.

how tall are you? unless you're unusually short, i don't think it sounds like there's anything to worry about.
    niteryder wrote:
    i havn't really grown as in height wise in like the last year or two and im 16. Is this normal? Is there anything i can do to kind of help me grow like sleep more etc because i dont want any of these fake pills!!

You don't say if you're male or female

your height and your parent's height

provide more info if you want people to help you.
    I stopped growing when I was about 13.
    I was teeny until I was about 15-16, and now I'm not. I'm no giant or anything, but I did think I was going to be a midget forever...not so.

Like everyone has said, you don't say if you're male/female or any of that other info.

Oh, and just a hint...if you smoke then stop! My [male] friend is only about 5'4" and smoked from the age of 13. It can have an impact, just sayin'... :)
    yes it's fine. i stayed the same height for a while then got a bit taller when i was around 18.
    I'm 16 years old and around 5 8" I would like to grow another couple of inches, I dunno if it will happen.

I think having a good balance diet, eating lots of vegetables, drinking plenty of milk etc.. will maybe improve your chances, and defientley don't smoke! But there is no way to make yourself actually grow.
    i don't think eating more fruit and veg could make you taller..isn't it just down to the genes?
    But there is no way to make yourself actually grow

How i wish there was.. :(
    Cazzoo wrote:
    How i wish there was.. :(

well if i get your legs..someone else could pull your arms. a bit like stretch armstrong. ;)
    well if i get your legs..someone else could pull your arms. a bit like stretch armstrong. ;)

Maybe somebody could buy me a rack for my birthday? .. :p
    how tall/short are ya?
    the thing is i have quite musclely legs so mine muscles dont grow as fast as my bones so i think that may be restricting my hieght. my physiotherapist says im overdeveloped so i think that may be a reason but i think im just going to have wait and see. thanks tho everyone!
    i don't think eating more fruit and veg could make you taller..isn't it just down to the genes?

Well it is good for your bones, especially milk. It might imporve the chances of your bones growing, even more so in your teen years, when you are growing most.
    how tall/short are ya?

Me? I'm 4"11..

I feel like such a midget at times.. :p:(
    I'm 20 and only just 5ft. Haven't grown for some years now and sometimes I think I may have even shrunk a little! I have never smoked, my mum is short but my dad average height but my half sister has the same mum as me but a different dad and he is shorter than my dad but my sister is a good 6 inches taller than me and she's 4 years younger. I've always eaten a good balanced diet and drunk plenty of milk. I just have to put up with it and make a joke out of it and my age 12 trousers which are still too big!!!
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Me? I'm 4"11..

I feel like such a midget at times.. :p:(

woo you make me look tall! i'm 5'4".
    The only thing I know of other than your genes that affects growth is sleep. Children that don't sleep much don't grow much- I know it sounds stupid but it's true because you grow while you're sleeping. So make sure you get 8 hours a night.

Other than that though its all down to your genes but I didn't stop growing till I was about 20, so don't worry about it. xx
    im 5ft 4 and have been since i was 12
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    briggi wrote:
    Oh, and just a hint...if you smoke then stop! My [male] friend is only about 5'4" and smoked from the age of 13. It can have an impact, just sayin'... :)
    its so true! i smoked, and i havent grown since 14! but hey its cool, i like being short :)