Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cant WAIT to move out of halls!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
after a heated conversation/argument last night with one of my flatmates, ive realised that i reeally reeally want to get out of here!! i dont get on with 2 of my flatmates (one we just dont speak in general - the other is the one i had an argument with last night - he is SUCH an asshole!!) and the other 3 i do get on with.. but its just not worth it!!

i cant wait until next year when i can live with people i actually ENJOY being with!!! or as i was told yesterday - "i 'really' want to move in with everyone in this flat but noone wants me there so im going in with people i hardly know"

as if!!! he (flatmate - lets just call him K) seems to think that just because i dont go out as much with people out of lessons as much as he does that i have no friends! which is not the case :mad: OHHH he pisses me off so much!!!

when i tried to argue back and say what I felt, he would throw it back in my face and tell me i was lying and not telling the truth. which is not true!!!! he seems to think that everything he says and does is right and everything I say is open to contradiction. At some point in the proceedings i actually started to cry because i was SO frustrated, so then he throws THAT in my face and tells me im only doing it for attention!! what?!! ..

plus, to top it off, in the most casual way possible, he goes and tells me that the people i hang round with (when i go down union most saturdays - he hangs round with them too) think im a weirdo, and the guy i like 'hates my guts and thinks im a waste of space' . that just topped of my evening that did!! and im certain he was telling the truth because he's not one to lie or not tell it as it is,

so basically - noone likes me. brilliant

OMG i feel like hitting something right now!!

im sorry - there isnt really much you can say to this post .. i just feel like venting :( why couldnt i get nice flatmates :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    don't worry, you can be guaranteed that nearly everyone at least disliked some of the people who they lived with in halls in their first year :yes:

I never faught with any of them, but a couple of them were just too loooouud always playing terrible terrible r&b + they liked football :lol:

I now live with 4 other guys who I really get along with :yes:

so there is hope, and I'm sure what "K" was saying to you was a load of lies to make you upset. Life's too short to wrry about what assholes like that have to think about you :)
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    don't worry, you can be guaranteed that nearly everyone at least disliked some of the people who they lived with in halls in their first year :yes:

Yup. One girl moved out because of the guy in the room next to me was such a prick. I just got him into major trouble with the university instead :D
  • Options
    i cant wait until next year when i can live with people i actually ENJOY being with!!!

yeah ;p
  • Options
    The flatmate in question sounds like a total wanker who has his head up his arse. I'd very much doubt that the guy you like actually hates you or thinks you're a waste of space, unless you'd done something to make him feel like that.

Chances are, this prick might have tried to turn these people against you. Don't let a dickhead like that mess with your friends and your life.