Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

location, location, location

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
---

Comments

• Options
    Mmm, I felt a bit like that, when I first slept with my boyfriend, as he still lives with his parents. But they don't seem to mind that we are sleeping together, I think it has something to do with the fact that he is 27, so they treat him as an adult.

How old are you and your boyfriend, I'm guess you are in your late teens, it can be hard at that age as your parents can still see you as their little girl. Do you think you could talk to your parents about it and explain that you want to sleep with your boyfriend and reasure them that you are on the pill or are going to use condoms etc...
  • Options
    I'm 17 and my boyfriend's 18, so yea i suppose they do kinda of see me as their little girl. I think they would feel uncomfortable about me having sex. But I want my first time to be without my parents in the house, I'd feel a bit uncomfortable knowing they were just downstairs! lol.
    I've spoken to my mum about it before, and she's cool with it, after I reassured her about condoms and things, but she doesn't like the idea of us doing it at home. Which sucks, because it's my house too, and I have no where else to go!
  • Options
    well are your parents the type to just walk into your room without knocking etc? if you keep the noise down and don't have a squeaky bed then they won't know.
  • Options
    as a one off you could book a hotel for the night? would make it more special aswell you'd get a day and night just being with him doing your own thing.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    as a one off you could book a hotel for the night? would make it more special aswell you'd get a day and night just being with him doing your own thing.
    yeah i think that would be nice, and private.
    you dont want your first time to be all worried about your parents hearing you.
  • Options
    My firnd did that - rent a hotel room. She enjoyed it. I think its good because as its only 1 night u can splash out and have a nice evening beforehand too !! :thumb:

Good luck

Jenni xxx
  • Options
    yeah i think that would be nice, and private.
    you dont want your first time to be all worried about your parents hearing you.

exactly. yea, the hotel idea sounds good. cheers guys :thumb: x
  • Options
    would just like to add...that travelodge do special rooms for £10 if you book 3 weeks in advance :thumb: :thumb:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    would just like to add...that travelodge do special rooms for £10 if you book 3 weeks in advance :thumb: :thumb:

Thats handy to know.
  • Options
    indeed. wonder if theres any in my area..hmmm!
  • Options
    haha, cheers, will bear that in mind!
  • Options
    another thing to try (worked for me) if your mum already knows your wanting to do this is. ask her for the house to yourself one night, "as i'm sure your'd prefer me to be safe and be somewhere clean, and not in an alley or back of car or somewhere".
  • Options
    Somewhere private and comfortable... a hotel room might fit the bill. It doesn't have to be anything expensive like the Hilton, but something half decent where you can enjoy yourselves. Remember, only do what you want to do and no more. Wishing you well.
  • Options
    don't you think though that if you actually plan it in advance that you might end up getting all nervous/worked up about it? sometimes it's best just to go with the flow.
  • Options
    don't you think though that if you actually plan it in advance that you might end up getting all nervous/worked up about it? sometimes it's best just to go with the flow.
    Not sure about that one. I doubt someone wants to lose their virginity in a "passionate moment" and then discover there's a baby on the way. Some planning's needed.
  • Options
    why the hell is there? i didn't plan to lose my virginity. and surely it's common sense to use protection. hardly need a lot of planning to get a condom, do you.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Not sure about that one. I doubt someone wants to lose their virginity in a "passionate moment" and then discover there's a baby on the way. Some planning's needed.

Yeah, its called get on some BC and carry a condom. Theres no need to pencil in your losing your virginity night into your pp.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I can see where you are all coming from but in the end it is up to katelynx what she wants to do.

Personally I'd go for the hotel as you can both get away from your parents house and do what you want (and no more ;) ) without worrying they can hear you. Although if you say where your going they are likely to put two and two together, although you could tell them you just played tiddlywinks all night. :razz:
  • Options

I see your point, it's nice for it to be spontaneous and just go with the flow like you said, being safe and everything obviously. Because, what happens if it's all planned, then not in the mood or something? It's all wasted, or yea, I suppose there's always tiddlewinks! haha