Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Manchester Meet?

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I think I'm working earlies, so I plan to meet Steph at 3 when she gets in.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Girl Gunner check your PM's. If anyone is going to be wondering why I look rough as fuck today, it's because my housemates birthday party just finished, so am just gonna get a few hours now before I leave. Heheh.
    Just a quick message to tell you all to have fun. :D Have a drink on me - and if anyone gets arty again, pictures of me are demanded.
    i just got in from last night, therefore i = dead ergo i cant be assed getting on bus.

enjoy your days and let them be merry
    I had three hours sleep last night and I'm still going! I do have to get my hair cut at some point today though...
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I havent left work so I dont know what time I'll get in, if at all.
    Just been told by Violette herself on the text that the meet is "rocking".
    Yeah, James told me it's a good laugh.
    Yeah, James told me it's a good laugh.
    I kinda regret not going now. But not to worry. As I may well be studying in Manchester from September, I'm gonna have to make a visit in the next few months regardless.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I kinda regret not going now. But not to worry. As I may well be studying in Manchester from September, I'm gonna have to make a visit in the next few months regardless.

I live here, and still couldn't go due to lack of money. Still, I went to the last Manc meet and they'll be plenty more in the future.
    I live here, and still couldn't go due to lack of money. Still, I went to the last Manc meet and they'll be plenty more in the future.
    One around Easter, or maybe early summer would be ideal. (hint hint...) ;)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    stargalaxy wrote:
    One around Easter, or maybe early summer would be ideal. (hint hint...) ;)

In Sheffield :yes:

Oooh, Sheffield would be fun. As would be Leeds.
    Hmm... a maybe to that suggestion.
    Oooh, Sheffield would be fun. As would be Leeds.

Sheffield it is then :D

I'm too lazy to go anywhere else. And too busy :yes:
    Sheffield it is then :D
    I'm too lazy to go anywhere else. And too busy :yes:
    Nothing to do with the fact you live in Sheffield then? :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Nothing to do with the fact you live in Sheffield then? :p

Everything to do with the fact that I live in Sheffield. I am lazy so don't want to travel far :yes:

:p
    Everything to do with the fact that I live in Sheffield. I am lazy so don't want to travel far :yes: :p
    Just like those lazy sods who propose meets in London because they live there... :p
    Everything to do with the fact that I live in Sheffield. I am lazy so don't want to travel far :yes:

:p

I'll let you off though, because Sheffield is cool as cucumber.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Just like those lazy sods who propose meets in London because they live there... :p

Exactly :D

At least I am being honest.
    I'll let you off though, because Sheffield is cool as cucumber.

Of course it is. I live there :D
    Of course it is. I live there :D
    Good things about Sheffield, aside from yourself and your husband are... well, none of the smog that London has for a start. Bad things... can be summed up with the words "David Blunkett". :p
    Good things about Sheffield - Laura lives there. They have a Primark. It's in Yorkshire. Everyone has the fittest accents. It's only over Snake Pass from me and takes about 40 minutes to drive there. And best of all - Sheffield Hospital have an amazing cardiac centre and they made my Dad better. It's a complete winner.

Bad things - none. :p
    Good things about Sheffield - Laura lives there. They have a Primark. It's in Yorkshire. Everyone has the fittest accents. It's only over Snake Pass from me and takes about 40 minutes to drive there. And best of all - Sheffield Hospital have an amazing cardiac centre and they made my Dad better. It's a complete winner.

Bad things about Manchester - sorry, posts only allow for 10,000 characters a time. :p
    (if I end up in Manchester Met now, I'll have to eat my hat...)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Good things about Sheffield, aside from yourself and your husband are... well, none of the smog that London has for a start. Bad things... can be summed up with the words "David Blunkett". :p

Ah, but David Blunkett is only MP in a shit area of town (that I don't live in!)

:heart:

I walk passed that hospital each time I go to uni. True fact, that :p
    StarGalaxy wrote:
    Bad things about Manchester - sorry, posts only allow for 10,000 characters a time. :p

I cannot say anything bad about Manchester :D

Can't say anything good about it either as only sort of been once and that was only in the outskirts. But that's beside the point!
    :heart:

I walk passed that hospital each time I go to uni. True fact, that :p

I spent about two weeks to-ing and fro-ing between Manchester and Sheffield in November 2004. The hospital is HUGE!
    I cannot say anything bad about Manchester :D

That's what I like to hear...!!
    stargalaxy wrote:
    (if I end up in Manchester Met now, I'll have to eat my hat...)

Manchester is amazing. SG, you'll love it if you come here. It's by far the friendliest, trendiest, coolest city in the country - in my opinion!

I'm a bit of a liar anyway - I live in Stockport which is technically Cheshire and not Manchester. But it's about 10minutes in a train/car!
    Manchester is amazing. SG, you'll love it if you come here. It's by far the friendliest, trendiest, coolest city in the country - in my opinion!
    Right now, it's either Manchester or Bristol that are most likely. It's not going to be easy to decide.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I propose meets in London, and I don't live there.

I also wanted to go to both the Brum and Manc meets, but couldn't effing afford it.
    Franki wrote:
    I propose meets in London, and I don't live there. I also wanted to go to both the Brum and Manc meets, but couldn't effing afford it.
    Presumably because nobody can be persuaded to go within a mile of Braintree. :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Presumably because nobody can be persuaded to go within a mile of Braintree. :p
    Several people have been here, I'll have you know.

Most of them to visit me :cool:.