Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

College Aplications

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone know when you have to have your applications in for? None of my college prospectuses tell me!

Also does it matter if you dont have your predicted grades on your application form?

Thanks guys n gals!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I expect they'll phone and ask you or your school what your predicted grades are should you miss them off your application, seeing as they're what they'll be mainly judging you by I expect :)

not sure to be honest
    When I applied, I applied about now and was accepted in February. But girls turned up on the induction day and applied for my course (a week before we started) so theres no official deadline for my college!

Id recommended doing it asap though, if you've got your exams in May/June, getting into college and interviews is the last thing you'll want to be doing. It did me no harm doing it in February.

Also, they will normally take your grades on your induction days, when you have evidence of them (like your statement of results you'll get on results day, as your certificates wont be released til like, october probably) and they'll sort any major issues then. The estimates are just to see if you're likely to need to do a longer course (if your not likely to meet the shorter course requirements), or need additional assistance.
    Ok thats cool. Yeah teachers are rather lax in my school so its good to hear that I can get the grades at a later date. Thanks nicx1811!

Ive applied for one course at South Thames Colllege but am desperately looking for somewhere that does Photography. Am failoing though :(
    Have you applied for photography at the college you have applied for?

Applying at this time of the year would usually mean the course isn't full so as long a s you meet the requirements you should get a place (unless its an insanely popular course in your area, I couldn't judge as I don't know how popular it is at our college)

College is alot more laid back than school, I think you'll find now you've applied it'll all go smoothly without you having to even think.
    No im looking for a photography course. I have applied for a Beauty Therepy Course NVQ2

Darn trying to decide on a course when you have no idea what you want to do is really hard!
    Does anyone know when you have to have your applications in for? None of my college prospectuses tell me!

Also does it matter if you dont have your predicted grades on your application form?

Thanks guys n gals!
    Contact the colleges you want to apply to. Each will
    have there own rules and regulations.
    Well i was working before i started on this course and my enrolement sort of went like this:

working on wednesday
    quit my job on thursday
    went into college on friday to enrole
    started college on monday.

So i wouldnt worry too much about the dates
    I think you have a good month or so before they still have to be in, some people I know still haven't handed them in, and are okay for it, but I'm not sure exactly when. As soon as possible most probably!!
    at my school they gave everyone who applied a conditional offer straight away. then on results day if they didnt get the grade they said they couldnt come. was funny watching this kid whod pissed about and ruined the lessons for two years realise he couldnt get in :D
    hmm i havent still applied for my college, i have the form but i changed my course so lots of tip ex was used and it looks messy. Ive asked for another one to be sent and if it still aint here this time nxt week ill send mine off. I think you have till end of June until you should get really worried because interviews are normally done by then
    Colleges tend to have their own rules about this, but generally speaking, the sooner the better. Call up any places you're interested in directly if in doubt.