Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interview went great! Now what?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On monday (2 days ago), I had one of the best interviews EVER! I was totally prepared for it. She said that I was exactly what she was looking for. Before I left the room, she said she would call my present employer and then she would call me for a 2nd interview. At my present work, I have no conflicts and I'm on very good terms there because I'm one of their best sales persons. She said she would call after 6 that day. And she still has not called. It's wednesday afternoon. Should I send a thank you note or just let her have more time to make a decision? I'm getting really anxious because it's never taken this long and it was one of the best interviews I've done. Any help???

Comments

• Options
    well, i think i'd give it a while longer. im guessing she had other people to interview and has to decide who to call back for 2nd interviews. if your work hasnt been called by monday, maybe give her a call just to politely ask what's going on. chances are she's just been busy.
  • Options
    it wouldn't hurt to ring and remind her who you are etc. but like kat_b said she's no doubt had other people to interview. without trying to sound pessimistic, she might've just been being nice.
  • Options
    she said she would call my present employer and then she would call me for a 2nd interview.

That makes no sense to me ...

I've never heard of anyone calling your PRESENT employer for a reference - most people keep it secret when they're looking for a new job

Most employers don't want to loose a good employee if it's gonna cost them a small fortune to find someone new

BTW what do you sell what's the new job, sounds interesting