Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Email Programs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im just wondering whats the best email program to view your emails in?

Like outlook and incredimail but not them two please

Comments

• Options
    I've heard good things about Thunderbird.
  • Options
    I agree with Rich-E, Thunderbird is reasonable. Its what our university uses.

Personally, I use Mail, but thats a Mac program so unless you have one then thats not much good :p
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I have Thunderbird. Very good program.
  • Options
    I don't use any email client but I have used Thunderbird client and it is good, it's a heck of a lot more secure than OE!
  • Options
    I too switch fromOutlook to Thunderbird, when you have to reinstall windows then it keeps all the files intact unlike outlook or outlook express which can get a bit messy, the only think I hate is that in outlook you could highlight lots of emails - press reply and a single email was generated to all of them - do that in Thunderbird and it makes a seperate email for each person ... :mad:
  • Options
    I'm very, very happy with Thunderbird. Much more complete than the usual Microsoft offerings. Have been using it since version 0.1 and have never had a problem with losing mail, or anything else serious.

It has now evolved into a very reliable client, in my opinion. Useful tools and good ideas - use it for a while and you'll wonder how you lived without it!