Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First Time Club Nights

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello.

I want to start doing club nights in Liverpool and eventually expand to Manchester, however, I dont really have any experience nor know anyone with the knowledge.

Could anyone help give information and advice such as on marketing, threats, opportunities, etc? please. Anything will help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    You need to market big time, how do you plan to do that?

Most promoters have an email mailinglist to begin with and supplement with flyers, etc

I'd start by finding an under performing bar and making a deal witht he owner to bring in people on a certain day and you keep the door and he keeps the bar profits.
  • Options
    Hello.

I want to start doing club nights in Liverpool and eventually expand to Manchester, however, I dont really have any experience nor know anyone with the knowledge.

Could anyone help give information and advice such as on marketing, threats, opportunities, etc? please. Anything will help.

Thanks.

im honestly just thinking constructively here, but why if you say you have no experience, or know anybody with the knowledge, do you want to start a club night off?

ive not done my own, but ive lent major helo in the form of myself to friends who are involved with lovedough, i think its a national rnb thing

but thats because ive been working in a club about 10 months now, and have a lot of connections and friends who know how clubs work to begin with, and have been doing promo for clubs and events for a long time

so im willing to help in everyway i can, im just curious as to why you want to do this which such little expericne and background
  • Options
    royal
    MrG wrote:
    im honestly just thinking constructively here, but why if you say you have no experience, or know anybody with the knowledge, do you want to start a club night off?

ive not done my own, but ive lent major helo in the form of myself to friends who are involved with lovedough, i think its a national rnb thing

but thats because ive been working in a club about 10 months now, and have a lot of connections and friends who know how clubs work to begin with, and have been doing promo for clubs and events for a long time

so im willing to help in everyway i can, im just curious as to why you want to do this which such little expericne and background
    Thanks.

I want to get into it because I am going to manage a friend DJ (rather a group; him and his bro), whom I think have great potential. girls think hes cute, hes talented in music, I like his songs, and more importantly he has trust in my capabilities which makes it easier for me to do the business side of things plus give my input in the productino of songs (for example the genre, what instruments or sounds, revival or remixes of songs, the singers, lyrics, everything).

So basically, the club nights is a promotional activity, and perhaps if we gain som notoriety start selling merchandise. Just like concerts for bands etc. Plus if its successful we might attract more good DJs and perhaps start a DJ group and expand business.