Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Circumsision (Or however you spell it)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Adults who suffered a 'successful' circumcision may not remember the procedure or even miss or want for their foreskin. But, let's not forget that the foreskin has REAL functions, unlike the circumcision, which achieves nothing.
  • Options
    surely the children who have had it done dont lead any different lives just because of the seemingful painful surgery? I am not meaning to offend anybody at all... but surely they cant even remember back that far? :confused:

In medical circles, neonatal male circumcision was long assumed to be psychologically and emotionally benign. It was believed that newborn infants had "poorly developed" neurologic systems; that newborns could not feel pain; or, if they did feel the pain, they would not remember it. According to that orthodoxy, the experience of neonatal circumcision could never have any lasting effect on a child and could not traumatize a child. The belief that infants cannot feel pain is now outmoded and discredited. Enough evidence now exists to say with confidence that male circumcision causes psychological changes. The trauma of the experience is injurious. It can have long-term deleterious effects later in life.

Fathers are frequently unable to vocalize their feelings. They will say that "I want my son to look like me," even though the child may be different in eye color, hair color, and other aspects. In fact, what the father really may be feeling is, "I don't want a son with an intact penis to remind me of what I have lost."

Parents need to be aware that circumcision is dangerous. It involves traumatic loss of a body part. There is a definite potential for long-lasting psychologic injury. Break the cycle and leave your own sons intact as nature intended.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    They cut penises so your not the butt of every joke in the locker room.

In which case, that is bullying. They only make intact boys the butt of their jokes because they were never given the opportunity to experience the advantages and benfits of a foreskin.
    my_name wrote:
    If I ever have a boy, I, and the man agrees, have him cut on up, no thoughts or doubts about it. For me, purely and simply because, here, its pretty much the norm. If cutting off tits were common, I'd sure hope they did mine.

More and more Americans are turning their backs on circumcision. If wanting your son mutilated for no reason other than to be the 'norm' amongst other amputees, and you were my mother, I would hate you forever for the feeble excuse you used to mutilate me once I had become aware of the atrocity you allowed to be performed on me. You are supposed to PROTECT me from harm.

Do you agree with female circumcision then? Where the clitoris is cut out of a woman in Muslim and African countries? This is 'cultural' and the 'norm'. Can you imagine being without YOUR clitoris?

http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/fgm1.htm

I bet this girl is ecstatic that she looks like all the other girls too ... !
    my_name wrote:
    But in all honesty. I just plain don't care. I like uncut. I'd get my kid uncut. I'm glad my man is uncut.

I thought you said you liked cut ... :confused: .... but that isn't the issue. If an adult male chooses to be circumcised - that's fine .. but let your son at least have the choice ...
  • Options
    my ex bf was circumsized when he was about 6. it was for medical and not religious reasons. he says it's the best thing he's ever done and he loves it but then he doesn't know any difference does he.
  • Options
    my ex bf was circumsized when he was about 6. it was for medical and not religious reasons. he says it's the best thing he's ever done and he loves it but then he doesn't know any difference does he.

As you say, if he was circumcised at 6 and before being sexually active, how would he know anything other than his circumcised status?

Have a look at these pics which will give you an idea of how much sensitive and erogenous penile skin is actually cut away by circumcision :-

http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/3zones-c.htm
  • Options
    Your not changing my opinion, or probably any others who like cut. Whats your point in putting the same thing in reply to every post who says they like cut.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Your not changing my opinion

Just as long as you realise your logic is fucked up.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Your not changing my opinion, or probably any others who like cut. Whats your point in putting the same thing in reply to every post who says they like cut.

No - you misunderstand me completely. I like cut too. I have made that PERFECTLY clear.

What I am against is the routine, non-essential 'trimming' of baby boys' penises when there is absolutely NO MEDICAL justification and yet has permanent and profound implications on a male's sexual enjoyment for the rest of his life. Who are YOU to inflict that on your son just because you personally don't like foreskins? Children die every year from botched circumcisions - is that worth losing your son it in your own eyes? I don't like clitorises that much (many look like a badly-packed kebab) but I am appalled that anyone would want to cut out the clitoris of any female.

If your opinion has not changed and yet you are presented with the possibility of learning the facts (unlike those US mothers who have, as yet, no idea of the implications of their actions), you are one mother who should be found guilty of child abuse ... your personal preference doen't come into it - save your son's foreskin FOR your son and not for you. It's hardly like you are going to have much to do with it anyway except keep it clean when he is a baby.

Honestly, one day he will thank you ....
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    As you say, if he was circumcised at 6 and before being sexually active, how would he know anything other than his circumcised status?

he started young. :p

i think he probably says it because i've heard it makes it more sensitive.
  • Options
    he started young. :p

i think he probably says it because i've heard it makes it more sensitive.

No - circumcision causes the keratinisation (thickening) of the skin of the head of the penis (the glans) and so it becomes LESS sensitive over time .. the foreskin is there to protect the glans so that it remains moist, soft and sensitive.

The only non-medical benefit to circumcision is that the lack of sensitivity can assist in preventing premature ejaculation and, therefore, prolonging intercourse but this is a very drastic remedy to what is a simple problem which alternative treatment can help.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm from america. That means I love cirmcized men. I've only ever seen one that wasn't in a picture. It looked like a turkeys neck and I hope to never encounter one in real life. In all truth I would be freaked out by it and probably laugh.

And now I shall get flamed to death for my opinion on penises.

Why exactly is it so popular in the USA?

Even Joey from friends is circumsised

Do most guys in the USA have it done to them as kids or choose to do it as adults?

Usually it's only Jews and Muslims that practise it as the norm for their boys..
  • Options

Oh god no! JOEY from FRIENDS is circumsised?? Oh my god!! Its kind of creepy that you know.
  • Options
    Why exactly is it so popular in the USA?

Do most guys in the USA have it done to them as kids or choose to do it as adults?

Usually it's only Jews and Muslims that practise it as the norm for their boys..

It was origonally down to a late Victorian belief that circumcision aided the prevention of masturbation amongst boys ... :yeees:

Since then it has essentially become a cash cow to the US medical profession aided by their encouragment of US males that they should always look like their daddies in the shower - even if their hair and eye colour and body shape is different .... the numbers are droppoing in the States but rates are still up around the 80% mark or so.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh god no! JOEY from FRIENDS is circumsised?? Oh my god!! Its kind of creepy that you know.

Naah it was on TV last night - joey goes for an audition and they want a uncut guy but he's already cut so monica makes him a foreskin with silly putty

So why is it so popular in the USA?

Also I've seen reports that say circumsised men are less likely to catch AID's

But it could just be that places where men are more likely to be cut are also Muslim areas where they're probabaly less likely to screw around and catch HIV inthe first place.
  • Options
    Circumcision in Britain is only usually done for religious reasons, or medical ones. For example, in my case, I had a problem which meant urine deposits stayed where the foreskin was, which was painful and unhygenic. I've had a partial circumcision done, but as it's still uncomfortable, I'm going into hospital later this year to get the whole thing off.
  • Options
    So why is it so popular in the USA?

See above - it's all about money ...
    Also I've seen reports that say circumsised men are less likely to catch AID's

Only slightly less likely. Foreskins can be inclined to tear slightly which is an avenue for the HIV virus to enter the body ... but circumcision has been cold comfort to all those circumcised American men that are presently living and dying of AIDS every day ... circumcision is NO protection against AIDS.
    But it could just be that places where men are more likely to be cut are also Muslim areas where they're probabaly less likely to screw around and catch HIV inthe first place.

Quite a plausable explanation ...
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Circumcision in Britain is only usually done for religious reasons, or medical ones. For example, in my case, I had a problem which meant urine deposits stayed where the foreskin was, which was painful and unhygenic. I've had a partial circumcision done, but as it's still uncomfortable, I'm going into hospital later this year to get the whole thing off.

And that is a perfectly legitimate reason to have it done ... :thumb: .. at least you had the option to choose. And I am sure it looks great! :flirt:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    And that is a perfectly legitimate reason to have it done ... :thumb:
    Well, it was either that or have uncomfortable sex for the rest of my life...
    ..at least you had the option to choose. And I am sure it looks great! :flirt:
    :razz:
  • Options
    It's probably cleaner to have a circumcised penis,

No not really, the clenliness of someones penis is down to how clean they are, having a foresking or not makes little difference. Nothing should "collect" under it because it should be cleaned every day, also urine does not get under it because you pull it back when you go to the toilet. If someone is dirty enough not to do these things then having a foreskin will make it worse, but they are still a dirty person.

It's like saying a women shold have the excess skin of her vagina removed to make it cleaner.
  • Options
    exactly. If you wash a penis lots then it is clean. If you dont wash it then it is not clean.
    Its not rocket science, and unless you think a foreskin is a piece of dirt rather than a piece of penis, then i dont see how its presence is unclean.
  • Options
    red_jelly wrote:
    No not really, the clenliness of someones penis is down to how clean they are, having a foresking or not makes little difference. Nothing should "collect" under it because it should be cleaned every day, also urine does not get under it because you pull it back when you go to the toilet. If someone is dirty enough not to do these things then having a foreskin will make it worse, but they are still a dirty person.
    Well, this is true. But the reason that I used to get bad "urine deposits" building up down there was precisely because I couldn't pull my foreskin back. It wouldn't move at all. The partial circumcision has helped, but as it's still uncomfortable, I'm going back in to have it all off.
  • Options
    :eek2: