Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tasty drinking water

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turn the radiators off at the valves?

does that mean you drain the entire heating system if you're doing anything witha radiator?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, i only remember this from when we fitted new valves :p We haven't had reason to take them off since then.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Well, i only remember this from when we fitted new valves :p We haven't had reason to take them off since then.
    GERBY! your no fucking plumber for sure mate! :D
  • Options
    oh goody, i'm glad it's not just me that thinks the bathroom water tastes nicer than the stuff from the kitchen tap :D

i have no idea where mine comes from :confused:
  • Options
    In my rents old house the upstairs water was fed from a tank in the loft so the water tasted rank! All the taps in my house and fed from the main.

Do you fill straight up or let it run for a while? I ALWAYS run the tap for a few seconds. Don't know why just always have.

But I have the best water in the world (I think the water in Scotland tastes a million times nicer than enywhere else) as it goes through my fridge and comes out ice cold. :yum:
  • Options
    I always thought it was a bit dodgy to drink water from the bathroom..dunno why, but I just always thought that.

And technically you'd be right.

You really shouldn't drink from the bathroom taps. Same as you shouldn't let water from the bathroom touch contact lenses because you can get potentially blinding eye infections from water borne amoebae. The same amoebae can cause granulomatous amoebic encephalitis although this is rare.
  • Options
    Maybe there is soap stuck round the spout :)
  • Options
    can't say i've ever noticed a difference.
  • Options
    i live in a hardwater area, so all our water tastes mank - it has to be filtered before you can drink it
    my nan however only lives a few miles away and the water that comes from her tap is gorgeous!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Ballerina wrote:
    i live in a hardwater area, so all our water tastes mank

I prefer the taste of hardwater.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GERBY! your no fucking plumber for sure mate! :D

I know, my area is more electrics. Far far more fun. :D

Ninja, I always let the tap run for a bit too...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I live in a flat, and I always liked the taste of water from the bathroom tap. I figure it's different because water there isn't meant to be drank, so the pipes aren't as resistant to rust and stuff...
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I live in a flat, and I always liked the taste of water from the bathroom tap. I figure it's different because water there isn't meant to be drank, so the pipes aren't as resistant to rust and stuff...
    RUST!
    what kinda pipes you got over there?
  • Options
    RUST!
    lol, I don't know if it is rust. I don't even know if there's any difference, all is speculation. Probably stupid too.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    And technically you'd be right.

You really shouldn't drink from the bathroom taps. Same as you shouldn't let water from the bathroom touch contact lenses because you can get potentially blinding eye infections from water borne amoebae. The same amoebae can cause granulomatous amoebic encephalitis although this is rare.

At home I think all the water in the house is supplied from the same place, it's a fairly new house. Here I tend to boil water before I drink it anyway.

(did you watch that programme a couple of years ago about the contact lens thing? Truth be told that's what puts me off wearing them!)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    RUST!

Obviosly not copper ones!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Obviosly not copper ones!
    or lead ...or plastic.

so ...he has iron water pipes in his house! :eek:
  • Options
    lol @ rusty pipes

i always let the water run for a bit, its colder!
  • Options
    or lead ...or plastic.

so ...he has iron water pipes in his house! :eek:
    I have no idea. But if I try to think about it rationally, I probably don't. OK?
  • Options
    TBH although i like tap water I've taken to drinking far more bottled water since the water contamination about 2 years ago. Something to do with sheep's droppings getting into the water supply :yuck:
  • Options
    oh gross, I've just drunk two large glasses of tap water and drink it all day every day. All these ugly tales about tap water are makin' me feel sick.
  • Options
    quite a while.
    every cup of tea ...every meal ...was basically bird soup. feather broth ...pidgeon puddin.

:lol:
  • Options
    How ancient are these houses with loft tanks?

We have mains from all taps. We're modern. The bathroom and the kitchen are next to each other in our house, but kitchen water always tastes nicer. Bathroom water tastes worse, and isn't as good for you unless you've got ultra-modern pipework.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i think the bathroom water is horrible!! at any house i have been in all over the country. the only bathroom water ill drink is in hotels, for some reason its quite nice lol! but i havent the foggiest where my water comes from, but my house aint brand new, with new pipes so im listening to kermit and sticking to keeping well away!