Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Circumsision (Or however you spell it)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the general opinion on the whole topic.

I'm circumsized, because I had a small foreskin for my penis. I personally like it, but can't remember anything else (I was 4 when I lost it. FYI, I lost it in Hong Kong.)

Is it better or worse for sex or is it just preference. Also what would you think if you were about to have sex or a play and you just came upon it?

Hmm,

Lawton.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm from america. That means I love cirmcized men. I've only ever seen one that wasn't in a picture. It looked like a turkeys neck and I hope to never encounter one in real life. In all truth I would be freaked out by it and probably laugh.

And now I shall get flamed to death for my opinion on penises.
    Laugh at which version of penis?
    Lawton wrote:
    Laugh at which version of penis?

The uncirmcized version, if I've read my_name's post right.
    My current boyfriend is circumsized (sp?) My ex wasnt and tbh yeah out of the two my current boyfriend definately gets the thumbs up! Feels so much better just generally.

my_name at the end of the day thats your opinion you shouldnt get slated for it!
    Personally I have only seen one penis in real life and its uncirmcized, so I really could not tell you which is best.
    My current boyfriend is circumsized (sp?) My ex wasnt and tbh yeah out of the two my current boyfriend definately gets the thumbs up! Feels so much better just generally.

my_name at the end of the day thats your opinion you shouldnt get slated for it!

tell that to the last thread of this (would you ever guess that kermit was in on it :p)

I should explain myself more, I don't mean they are bad and laughable in general, its just I've no experience. Its quite uncommon. Its just something I'm not used to ;) and therefore I find quite funny looking. (to make the un cut men not think i'm a bitch :p)
    my_name wrote:
    I'm from america. That means I love cirmcized men. I've only ever seen one that wasn't in a picture. It looked like a turkeys neck and I hope to never encounter one in real life. In all truth I would be freaked out by it and probably laugh.

And now I shall get flamed to death for my opinion on penises.

You're entitled to your opinion but I do think that if you lived in any other western country your views would not be so extreme. America does seem to have an obsession with circumsising every boy and I think that affects the views of the people in the country.

I'm lucky enough to have parents who allowed me to make my own choices, and i'm glad they did. I think they whole practice is a little barbaric and medically unneccesary in most cases. Unless there is a real problem I think there is no need to remove the foreskin. Every girl i've been with have preffered me this way, but then again, if they did have a problem, they know where the door is. I wouldn't expect a girl to have the hood of her clitoris removed.
    \
    i heard a rumour that circumcision desensitises the penis and so makes men last longer...if that's true then i'm all for it

yeah I heard that too, which is another reason i'm glad I haven't had it done.
    Hi. I am circumsized. The girls Ive been with before have told me they prefer it circumsized cos it looks more attractive and hygenic. The doctor who snipped the tip of mine did a trick with the foreskin (it wasnt cut all the way) which he folded back to create a crown shape around the shaft, thus creating a series of bumps. during sex, ive been told sometimes that they could feel it and it feels better.

Ive been with a girl before whove had never been with a circumsized man before and for awhile was puzzled by the shape of my dick until she confronted me about it and explained to her that it aint only Jewish men that are circumszed.
    Lol, for a second there I was picturing a hexagonal shaped dick.

Mine has those small bumps too. I think theyre pretty standard.
    oh. perhaps not then.
    I find most circumcised penises aesthetically pleasing but if one reads the general consensus by the majority of medical organisations throughout the world, it is a totally unneccessary operation.

These days, having bits of a boy's body trimmed off for no reason (apart from medical like extreme phimosis etc) except to 'be like daddy' is tantamount to child abuse. It should be up to the child to choose whether they want their bodies modified when they are old enough to understand the physical/sexual implications of the operation. In the US, this procedure makes millions of dollars for the medical profession and it is so easy for them to perform that they are very resistant to upset the 'gravy train'.

The sooner US women insist that their baby boys are not carved up for nothing more than an uneducated, misinformed ridiculous cultural fad, the better. Surely even the smallest danger of your child dying from this procedure is NOT worth the risk!

Before you have your sons circumcised, attend a circumcision of another child - and I am sure you will be appalled!

If the penis does require circumcision for medical purposes, then that is fine by me although these days they can sort out most problems with cortisone creams etc.

**Helen**: I have removed the pictures as they are not relevant to this discussion and are disturbing.

** Teagan ** Fair enough ... the truth can be disturbing. People can private me for the links if required ...
    Lawton wrote:
    What's the general opinion on the whole topic.

I'm circumsized, because I had a small foreskin for my penis. I personally like it, but can't remember anything else (I was 4 when I lost it. FYI, I lost it in Hong Kong.)

Is it better or worse for sex or is it just preference. Also what would you think if you were about to have sex or a play and you just came upon it?

Hmm,

Lawton.

And in answer to your question, it's happened, there is nothing you can do about it (although you can embark on a foreskin restoration regime) so don't get hung up about it. I personally like circumcised cocks so would never be disappointed to see one ... I like uncircumcised one's too although less keen on those where the foreskin dos not pull back when erect - but that is just a personal preference.
    I've never seen a circumsised penis in real life, but either or really makes no difference to me, they all look the same when erect anyway.
    beans wrote:
    I've never seen a circumsised penis in real life, but either or really makes no difference to me, they all look the same when erect anyway.

They usually do look different (especially when flacid) .. but research has shown that girls can't normally TELL the difference during intercourse ...
    Its as pointless and cruel as docking a tail on a dog.

I only agree with it when an adult decides they want it done (for their own reasons) or if it is a health problem as a baby/child
    Blah wrote:
    Its as pointless and cruel as docking a tail on a dog.

I only agree with it when an adult decides they want it done (for their own reasons) or if it is a health problem as a baby/child

That adds to my point. To some it may seem pointless, but it wouldn't be as cute natural ;)
    my_name wrote:
    That adds to my point. To some it may seem pointless, but it wouldn't be as cute natural ;)

What was the purpose of cutting the tail off that dog? Making it go through an operation it was not benefitting from, go through the pain of having a part of its body removed? To please the human eye? Thats like saying "hmm im gonna remove a leg from my cat because i think it would look better"

All dogs look better with tails, in my opinion. And they should all keep their tails unless it gets injured and needs removing or something.
    It doesn't bother me either way. The only thing that would sway is that uncircumcised guys are slightly easier to play with, as with circumcised partners in the past, we've had to use a lot of lube, and there's a hell of a lot of keratinisation on the head, where it would normally be moist etc. But either way, a penis is a penis, and I'm happy to have one in my life as beggars can't be choosy ;)

So long as the person is fully informed of the risks, and able to give consent etc, I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is routine infant circumcision. It overrides the bodily integrity of the infant and the overwhelming majority of them at that age are unnecessary, as says the AAP.

**Helen**: LiveJournal link removed - content too disturbing.
    Blah wrote:
    What was the purpose of cutting the tail off that dog?

To please the human eye? .

Yes. You can't deny that we live in a culture based on looks. They cut my babies tail and ears to make it cute. They cut penises so your not the butt of every joke in the locker room.

If I ever have a boy, I, and the man agrees, have him cut on up, no thoughts or doubts about it. For me, purely and simply because, here, its pretty much the norm.
    If cutting off tits were common, I'd sure hope they did mine.

But in all honesty. I just plain don't care. I like uncut. I'd get my kid uncut. I'm glad my man is uncut.
    every man ive been with has been uncircumcised apart from one. I prefer natural uncut.
    I guess circumcision just isnt that common in Europe. I dont know anyone who got their child circumcised or even thought about it unless for medical reason. It baffles me why someone would get that done to their precious child.
    I might sound really stupid here but what is a circumsized penis??

And what do u loose (original post says they lost it in Hong Kong)

:confused:
    jenni30 wrote:
    I might sound really stupid here but what is a circumsized penis??

And what do u loose (original post says they lost it in Hong Kong)

:confused:

They cut the top part of the foreskin off.

www.cirp.org/ (granted I have no idea what this site is, its actually blocked, but it was the first thing to come up when I did a search of it.
    In short: Circumcision is the removal of some or all of the foreskin (prepuce) from the penis
    an ex of mine was circumcised and it didnt make any difference to anything as far as i can remember. i prefer uncut though, just because its more natural and normal.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    You can't deny that we live in a culture based on looks.

So that makes it alright? :confused:

I have to say thats a fucked up attitude.
    Weekender Offender 
    Personally I don't think it matters either way. I come from a jewish family where 'cut' as you are putting it is the norm. I don't think I would get my child done as it is not that import to me but I have nothing against people who do and can understand why they do it.
    My boyfriend isn't done... it doesn't bother him at all though really... frankly, I'd find it a little weird if he was done... although I dont live in the US so
    i don't see it'd really make a difference, as you can retract your foreskin if you're un-circumcised anyway. It's probably cleaner to have a circumcised penis, and it would desensitise quicker i guess.