Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Selling Products That Don't Even Work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone noticed that more and more products are being put onthe shelves and not all the stuff it's supposed to do even works these days??

I got a twin tuner Digital PVR which has twin freeview tuners and after getting it home some ofthe features like the digital sound aren't up and running yet, they've provided the sockets and will get around to writing the software to make it all work at a later date :eek2:

But this you only find out from going online and finding related forums, etc

Someone without internet wouldn't know this, nor would the staff in the shop.

Comments

• Options
    Well if it's sold as providing dolby digital output then it's mis-selling. You could take it back.

I get more concerned about when I get a bit of kit that has holes for equpiment that I will probably plug in later, but don't have at the time, then I've got no way of testing if that particular output works or not!
  • Options
    I did a firmware upgrade today of the unit and it fixed some problems and created new ones.

There's more and more cowboy programmers these days.

I don't understand why programing isn't taken more seriously when they make these products

Here's a great example of how bad programming can cost Billions.

http://spaceflightnow.com/sealaunch/ico1/000330software.html

All the mechanics and engineers overcame so much all to be ended by some programmer who got a bit of code wrong.