Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

toothbrushes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this is the right place but anywho. What type of toothbrush do you have? (manual or electrical) and which do you prefer and why?

I just bought an electrical one today so going to use it tonight. Never used one before but I had loads of boots points so thought id go buy one.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a normal one because I always end up using the electric one like a normal toothbrush anyways. :p
    Means less work though.
    Yes, cause brushing your teeth is so strenuous. :p
    I have both because you use them in different ways and they're good for different things.

Mainly use the manual one though and the Braun for getting in the gaps, etc when I think I need an extra cleaning.
    I've got an electric one it's got a timer thing on it so it actually makes me brish for the whole 2 minutes instead of guessing and ending up doing it for like 30 seconds :p
    This is my second electric tooth brush so yeah i think they are pretty good, especially when you have shit holey teeth like mine, ha.
    I've got one of those hardcore electric ones that I got for x mas one year. I can't believe a toothbrush costs that much :p I use it once or twice a week then just my normal oral b one every day.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I have an ordinary toothbrush.
    I have an electric one coz it was reduced from £100 to £40 in sainsburys. I love it.
    i have a normal one. my dentist told me electric ones are better but i just couldnt use one.. i dont like thought of the feeling youd get on your teeth!
    I have a fairly standard manual toothbrush, I'm not fussy and usually buy them when they're on offer or something. I do stipulate that it must be green though. :p
    I have an electric, and it cleans my teeth better by far.

I also have an Oral B one which I use for when I go places other than my house :p.
    Dunno if you ever tried this but if you use an electric one whilst looking at a CRT computer screen you get this weird effect, like the screen is shaking!! ..
    Dunno if you ever tried this but if you use an electric one whilst looking at a CRT computer screen you get this weird effect, like the screen is shaking!! ..

hehe I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! :lol:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Or when you're chewing something. I noticed it when I was 10.
    Normal one - because my teeth aren't straight it's much easier for me to use than an electrical one.
    dude, i have the most friggin sweet tooth brush ever. It's got a pull start 4hp turbocharged engine in it. The actual brush is carbon fiber, and the bristles are spectra. It has a laser attatchment to burn crud out of your mouth, wiht an auto flosser that ties your mouth up like a jungle.
    When your done, it ionizes your mouth and squirts mouthwash and flouride in for that extra kick. Though that part is optional.
    That would scare the fuck out of me. I don't think I would ever brush my teeth if thats all I had. Toothbrush has more hp than my car. I'd hate to see how quick it would bash the teeth out of my face. Sounds way too go go gadget to even be real who makes it? where did ya buy it at? :p Can you twitch and burn your retinas off instead.
    dude, i have the most friggin sweet tooth brush ever. It's got a pull start 4hp turbocharged engine in it. The actual brush is carbon fiber, and the bristles are spectra. It has a laser attatchment to burn crud out of your mouth, wiht an auto flosser that ties your mouth up like a jungle.
    When your done, it ionizes your mouth and squirts mouthwash and flouride in for that extra kick. Though that part is optional.
    :lol:

I brush my teeth with an M16 cleaning kit.
    I've got an electric one but I had my wisdom teeth out in December so for a while had to use a Colgate Extra Soft manual one.

I'm still not convinced about electric ones though. To me it feels like putting a vibrator in my mouth.
    Randomgirl wrote:

I'm still not convinced about electric ones though. To me it feels like putting a vibrator in my mouth.

:lol:

I just have a normal toothbrush.
    Randomgirl wrote:

Do that often? :p
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Do that often? :p
    No, I'd chip my teeth :D .

Actually when I have used vibrators in the past the have always reminded me of electric toothbrushes.
    my_name wrote:
    That would scare the fuck out of me. I don't think I would ever brush my teeth if thats all I had. Toothbrush has more hp than my car. I'd hate to see how quick it would bash the teeth out of my face. Sounds way too go go gadget to even be real who makes it? where did ya buy it at? :p Can you twitch and burn your retinas off instead.

Oddly enough, there is a warning for burning your retinas off on the side of it.
    I bought it black market, yeah thats right a blackmarket toothbrush , It was apperently developed by the Iraqi Goverment prewar. It was smuggled out of the country along with all the other weapons of mass destruction. Amazingly, it found its way over to me.
    Oddly enough, there is a warning for burning your retinas off on the side of it.
    I bought it black market, yeah thats right a blackmarket toothbrush , It was apperently developed by the Iraqi Goverment prewar. It was smuggled out of the country along with all the other weapons of mass destruction. Amazingly, it found its way over to me.
    I brush my teeth with barbed wire, we shoiuld trade sometime I bet they work the same :p
    Randomgir wrote:

:lol: made me laff!
    I've got a lovely Crest dual strike or something like that, I brush my teeth for an absalute age and it really makes a differance.