Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

iPod Help!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am trying to transer music for my friend from my comp to an iPod. The problem is because another iTunes library transferred all original music onto it.

An error message of 'the ipod is linked to another itunes music library. Do you want to change the link to this itunes music library and replace all existing songs and playlists on this ipod with those from this library?'

Does this mean that all music on the iPod will be deleted if I transfer new music?

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try using ephpod or something like that, then it doesnt interfere with itunes.
    yeah sounds like it. On the iTunes options and iPod options you need to make sure that "Automatically Update iPod" is NOT selected. Should work.
    If you transfer on to it then yeah, it will wipe what's on the iPod.
    Just change the settings on the itunes program to "manual" then you can select whatever songs you want from your computer and drag it into the window that's titled (whatever you called your ipod) and then once you're finished click "upgrade my ipod" and the new songs should be saved alongside the existing ones on your ipod :D Its easy i do it all the time :thumb: