Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Valentines - singles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do all of you who are single do for valentines?

Last year I had a dinner party, and the year before that helped do a nightclub type event for a friend.

Thinking what to do this year ... any suggestions?

Would probabaly be something for the weekend before the day though.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go to the pub with a bunch of mates, get pissed and have a dance???
    well right up to last year which was my first valentines day when I was not single, I use to got out with all my single friends. We have gone bowling, ice skating, to clubs/bars gone out for a meal, to the cinema, to name a few things.
    Its over a month away. Is valentints turning into a christmas? Overtaking months at a time until you want to kill the holiday itsself?
    Nothing.
    Went out with my friends, some single some had boyfriends/girlfriends but didnt want to see them that particular day and we went clubbing!
    Nothing. What's to do on your own.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Doing whatever I do on any day and trying not to think about it. Which I do every day too, actually. Oh, and curse time for not letting me change the past. But I do that every day as well.
    It's just another day. Really.

and I say that as a supposedly "loved up" person...
    briggi wrote:
    It's just another day. Really.

and I say that as a supposedly "loved up" person...

thats what i keep telling you "supposedly"
    MrG wrote:
    thats what i keep telling you "supposedly"

Eh? You cheeky git :p
    Nothing. I'm usually too bitter that everyone around me, single or not, gets cards and I like...NEVER do.

And for some annoying reason, the taken ones always get more cards than the single ones. Fuckers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I love being bitter :D.
    I don't celebrate Valentine's whether I'm single or not, so I just treat it like any other day.
    just same as usual. valentines day isn't owt special when you're single. my mate and her fella split up before nye so think she wants us to go to the cinema.
    i'll be staying at home feeling sorry for myself, and making sure i dont go anywhere near the place i asked my wife to marry me 3years ago on V-day. doubt i'll be getting any cards either. If i do anything at all it will be going over to my parents to say happy birthday to my mum

Yes i'm getting over the split but then little things bring it all back, was talking to a friend the other day and seemed like i was just remembering the good times we had, and not the last year of crap. but now i'm feeling a little bitter
    This is going to be my first ever valentines single in 5 years. I'm not looking forward to it especially as most of my friends are in relationships :(
    Yup know the feeling well, sucks doesn't it.

Edit: Sorry been drinking quite heavy and feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment.
    One of the other LGBT societies in ULU is having a club night, so I'll be there. Maybe someone'll be desperate enough for me to get a Valentine's Day snog...

But let's face it, probably not
    I never used to do anything tbh.
    Probably getting very very very drunk! Really not going to enjoy it this year for reasons I rather not go into.
    all my friends have boyfriends so they'll probably be in annoying giggly loved up moods....though i have a 'sort of' boyfriend i still hate valentines day....i've been single every single valentines day of my life and i always sit in my room watching films and feeling bitter
    said this before and will say it again. you shouldn't look at it as having been single all of your life as you're only what, 16? and noone has boyfriends worth remembering when they're real young so you haven't been single all your life. stop being bitter about being single and enjoy it!
    First Valentines day for 5 years I've been single so prob gunna go and get pissed :D
    said this before and will say it again. you shouldn't look at it as having been single all of your life as you're only what, 16? and noone has boyfriends worth remembering when they're real young so you haven't been single all your life. stop being bitter about being single and enjoy it!
    it would help living nearer to friends and having a social life but i dont...theres nothing in my town for young people. Its full off people who sponge off benefits or old people. I'm not too bothered about being single, i just think that valentines day is a load of balls. I don't get what all the fuss is about and it annoys me when everyone gets in silly giggly loved up moods like they're 12 years old again. Why do we have a day to 'prove love' to people? Personally i think it's better to surprise people on any other 'normal' day....valentines day is a bit tedious and predictable i think.
    Ballerina wrote:
    it would help living nearer to friends and having a social life but i dont...theres nothing in my town for young people. Its full off people who sponge off benefits or old people. I'm not too bothered about being single, i just think that valentines day is a load of balls. I don't get what all the fuss is about and it annoys me when everyone gets in silly giggly loved up moods like they're 12 years old again. Why do we have a day to 'prove love' to people? Personally i think it's better to surprise people on any other 'normal' day....valentines day is a bit tedious and predictable i think.

I tend to agree, I mean its does not really mean that much to me, I rather spend money on this weekend with will be the 1st anniversity of my relationship with my boyfriend. As it means more to us personally. Its just another commercial money making day for card companies etc... Just like hallowen, when I was younger no one really did much for hallowen, but now people seem to send months planning thier parties etc.

Ok last year me and my boyfriend did buy each other little gifts, as it was the first time both of us where in relationships on valentines day, but we both agree thats its just another way for shops to make money.
    I'm in a LDR and in Brazil (where my bf is) Valentines day is in June.

I find 14th February really depressing- seeing lots of couples and wishing I was with my man, missing him so much, just wanting to be with him.
    I'll probably just sit at home and masturbate as usual.
    ^^^^

sounds like 24 hours well-spent to me ;):naughty:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Same as I ever do!

NOTHING!
    It's just another day. I'll probably work, go home and practice, maybe have a meal and take a nap.
    well i know i will be working
    I'll probably just sit at home and masturbate as usual.
    :lol: